Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I found this page. We really do need to get on this and have the right ideas passed on to Obama!

About Ideas for Change in America

What is Ideas for Change in America?
    Ideas for Change in America is a citizen-driven project that aims to identify and create momentum around the best ideas for how the Obama Administration and 111th Congress can turn the broad call for "change" across the country into specific policies.

The project is nonpartisan, and invites all political points of view. It is not connected to the Obama campaign or the Obama Administration.
    Who's behind it?
    Ideas for Change in America is a project of Change.org, an online community and media network for social issues, in partnership with more than three dozen leading organizations, including MySpace, techPresident, the Sunlight Foundation, Netroots Nation, Declare Yourself, Student PIRGs, Voto Latino, HeadCount, and Change Congress.
    How does it work?
    Anyone can submit an idea and comment and vote on others. The top 10 rated ideas will be presented to the Obama Administration on Inauguration Day, January 20, 2009 as the "Top 10 Ideas for America." We will then launch a national campaign behind each idea and mobilize the collective energy of the millions of members of Change.org, MySpace, and partner organizations to ensure that each winning idea gets the full consideration of the Obama Administration and Members of Congress.
    How are the top ideas determined?
    The "Top 10 Ideas for America" will be determined through two rounds of voting. In the first round, ideas will compete against other ideas in the same issue category. The first round will end on December 31, 2008, and the top 3 rated ideas from each category will make it into the second round. The second round of voting will begin on Monday, January 5, and each qualifying idea will compete against the qualifying ideas from all other categories. Second round voting will end on Thursday, January 15.
    What happens after voting?
    Our work does not end with the voting process or the delivery of the top 10 ideas to the Obama Administration on Inauguration Day. That is rather the end of the beginning. Instead of passively hoping the administration accepts each top idea, we will select a formal nonprofit sponsor for each idea to help create a nationwide movement to lobby the administration and Congress to turn the idea into real policy.
    What should my idea be about?
    The mission of Ideas for Change in America is to identify and advance concrete solutions to the major challenges confronting the country, and we welcome any ideas consistent with this vision. Ideas that conflict with the spirit of this mission, that look backward instead of forward, that express values without offering solutions, that offer solutions which won't receive serious consideration by either the Obama administration or the 111th Congress, that are intended to attack others, or are otherwise offensive are not eligible for the second round. We reserve the right to remove any ideas that violate these stated principles.
    Does my idea have to be original?
    No. While we encourage you to take an original approach, you may submit an idea originally conceived by someone else. However, we encourage you to cite original source of the idea if known, and you may not directly copy text from an idea posted by another user.
    Copyright Policy
    Content on the Ideas for Change in America site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. Visitors to the Ideas for Change in America website agree to grant a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free license to the rest of the world for their submissions to Change.org under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    More About our Partners
    We are currently compiling a press page with overviews of each of our dozens of nonprofit partners. See the an example overview for one of our lead partners, Declare Yourself, below.

Declare Yourself is a nonpartisan, nonprofit campaign to empower every eligible American, 18-to-29 years old, to register, and vote in the 2008 presidential election—and beyond. Declare Yourself has pledged to continue to give young people a strong voice and exciting channels of civic participation in the years ahead. Declare Yourself's initiative drew on the power of direct youth outreach and innovative sponsorships with entities such as MySpace, MTV, Google, AOL, Yahoo! and The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Over 2.2 million young people used Declare Yourself's various on-line registration initiatives. More than four million received text reminders on their cell phones to register and vote. Over 5.1 million people viewed Declare Yourself's line-up of viral video and TV PSAs; Declare Yourself's "Only You Can Silence Yourself" print and video campaign featuring Jessica Alba and Hayden Panettiere received more than 100 million media impressions through print outlets such as Rolling Stone, Time, Seventeen, Sports Illustrated and People. In 2003, Declare Yourself launched its initiative with The Declaration of Independence Road Trip, a nationwide multimedia exhibit and tour of Norman Lear's original copy of the Declaration.

http://www.change.org/ideas/faq

Have you voted yet? Go to the link to see the current status of these ideas. The poster says the top ten will be presented to Obama's admin. Better get busy to push the law up...

Here is a comment I saw on one site.

Hey. My name is Maria and I'm part of a group of student activists working towards the passage of the DREAM Act (www.dreamACTivist.org). I wanted to make you aware of an idea being discussed and voted on over at Change.org regarding this important issue. The link is http://www.change.org/ideas/view/pass_the_dream_act_now.

We currently have over 1300 votes and are one of the top 3 ideas on the whole website. However, the second round of voting begins in January 5th and the top 10 ideas will be presented to the Obama administration and will have a lot of publicity, something we desperately need. I urge you to register (it only takes a couple of minutes) and vote for this idea and put a widget of it on your blog to make others aware of this important cause. Also, please vote for the other immigration ideas on the top 3 list to make sure they make it to the second round.

Thank you so much for your help!

http://www.latinalista.net/palabrafinal ... e_21s.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is number 5.

# 248
    Enforce Our Immigration Laws

Enforce the laws of this country first and formost. Stop pandering to the illegal alien by agreeing with them that the ICE raids must stop. ICE must keep doing their job and they need to deport all illegal aliens who are working here illegally and breakin...
    - Joan Tofanelli (Housekeeper in a hospital, )
    243 comments Vline2 currently 5th place in Immigration Vline2 submitted Dec 04

This is number 10.

# 71
    Follow all American laws

Enforce all existing Immigration and constitutional Laws.
    - Mike Farnam (Taxpaying American)
    22 comments Vline2 currently 10th place in Immigration Vline2 submitted Dec 03

This is number 1.

# 1382
    Pass the DREAM Act Now!

Every year, thousands of undocumented American students graduate from college and high school, and face a roadblock to their dreams -- they can't drive, can't work legally, can't get loans or establish credit, can't further their education, and can't contribute to th...
    - DreamACTivist . (MA Graduate DREAMer - Blogger), San Francisco, CA
    346 comments Vline2 currently 1st place in Immigration Vline2 submitted Nov 24
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This looks like a rigged site, and would complain about it. All the pro illeagal alien stuff is at the top of the page, while you have to scroll further down the page to find the anti illeagal, anti amnesty stuff. If you are going to have them both there, have them there side by side so each is on the same level. Have it structured so that the opposing views are represented equally.

Also, since this just a voting issue, leave the comment segment out of this.

It seems most of the anti-American (OBL) comments are coming from the dreamers....

Also, "--if they were brought to the United States before they turned 16, are below the age of 30"! Before I thought it was in the 20's, next thing you know it'll be 45-50.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    This is number 1.

# 1382
    Pass the DREAM Act Now!

Every year, thousands of undocumented American students graduate from college and high school, and face a roadblock to their dreams -- they can't drive, can't work legally, can't get loans or establish credit, can't further their education, and can't contribute to th...
    - DreamACTivist . (MA Graduate DREAMer - Blogger), San Francisco, CA
    346 comments Vline2 currently 1st place in Immigration Vline2 submitted Nov 24
    I wonder how many of those 1382 votes were accidental, as what was stated above?

Quote Originally Posted by nobelium

I wonder how many of those 1382 votes were accidental, as what was stated above?
    Yes, the original head's up I found did recommend to vote early and vote often. I'll keep an eye on this.

Vote early… and vote often!

Dear friends and activists:

Change.org, the Web site of the Obama team has several pages in which
    you can vote in support of some issues. The following is the link for
    Immigration issues:

Yes, the original head's up I found did recommend to vote early and vote often. I'll keep an eye on this.

Immigration issues:
    It might be a good idea to edit your original post to state that this is NOT an official Obama site, and that clicking the vote button will not take you to a yes/no form. Only click the vote button you agree with, otherwise you'll ring in votes for the wrong "idea". If a person want's to read the description they need to click the title, NOT the vote button. This is a very flawed voting system...

Ideas that conflict with the spirit of this mission, that look backward instead of forward, that express values without offering solutions, that offer solutions which won't receive serious consideration by either the Obama administration or the 111th Congress, that are intended to attack others, or are otherwise offensive are not eligible for the second round. We reserve the right to remove any ideas that violate these stated principles.[/quote]

Of course it is rigged! If it doesn't follow their views it isn't elligible for the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by nobelium

Immigration issues:
    It might be a good idea to edit your original post to state that this is NOT an official Obama site, and that clicking the vote button will not take you to a yes/no form. Only click the vote button you agree with, otherwise you'll ring in votes for the wrong "idea". If a person want's to read the description they need to click the title, NOT the vote button. This is a very flawed voting system...
    Good housekeeping suggestion. Done.

I just took a few moments to look through the other pages of suggestions and they are overwhelmingly 'enforce our laws.' I just think it's a crock that this organization will go to the Obama admin (so they say...) and twist what does appear near the top.

And yes, what a voting system...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast