Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You mean a letter like this one? The first of many I wrote to Senators and the good ol' el presidente himself

Gray: That is powerful. If I were a senator these stories would be far more compelling than statistics, projections, threats. and all the rest. The senate loves to hold those hearings that give them so much free exposure. Why are they not doing it in this instance and listening to your personal story and that of jecg? Are they simply not interested in impact statements? We have read so many stories in the news media about the effect on the illegals. Perhaps, every time one is written we should ask for equal time to tell the 'rest of the story.'

This is a powerful thread. I'm going to send it to friends in parts of the country that aren't as affected yet, so they can be warned!

p.s. I hope everyone is hammering the hold-out senators with calls, faxes, emails etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The senators who support amnesty are a mixed bag, Please try to understand what they are thinking--even if is wrong--before launching into a tirade. In agricultural states they have lobbies of farmers who whine at them that the farms will fail without illegals. I know that in Oregon, where so many do work in the horticulture industry, their association is whining to that states' Congressional delegation. That is why Washington's Senators --Murray and Cantwell--turn a deaf ear to border enforcement. Probably the overwhelming majority of farms in central Washington state depend on illegals. Must be a powerful lobby. Then they have the well-to-do liberals who aren't directly impacted, or are completely sheltered. doing their little spiritual penance 'by welcoming the stranger." Then you've got noisy idealists, represented by their dirt bag lawyers group, claiming, perhaps with some justification, that the US has caused Latin America's problems.

Keep working on the Senators--but just don't launch into angry, vicious remarks at their staff

The hope I see is that agriculture has just been waiting to become mechanized. This issue has caused me to do some research and, yup, machines are very cost effective. Sometimes there are some other changes necessary, A big market has a lot of inertial resistance to change. But in five years I bet the needed workforce could be cut to a third. Boycotts of other industries, like fast food restaurants might be a good idea. It's cultural changes in the US that have facilitated this wave of migration. I know the majority of Americans are waking up and becoming shocked at the influx of illegals. But it is also going to take some big chnages in a nation which has expediently used illegal alien workers.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Powerful thread, everyone!

Jecg, I'm so sorry to hear about Oregon. I know that lots of Californians have moved to Oregon over the past few years but I never knew your problems were as bad as ours here in CA. There seems to be no escape!
    If it's any consolation, CA is NOT getting any better...it's getting much worse. Everything you have described in Oregon has already happened here...guess we are the frontrunners, lol!

My neighborhood, which is solid middle class, is now turning. Never thought it could happen. I am caught off guard daily wherever I go...the markets, shops...every place is now speaking Spanish ONLY on the PA systems. It's a shock to my system! Billboards and busses with Spanish signage - nothing in English! Even KFI, the most conservative, anti-immigration talk radio station in LA is now running SPANISH ONLY COMMERICALS!!! 80% of the radio stations are Spanish! All I hear is yammering in Spanish in ALL the stores! And if you try to complain about anything...the person in charge is ALWAYS a Mexican! So much for that!

It's so bad that even if we never allowed one more Mexican into this country, it's too little too late. We have to declare a national emergency, cut off social services, and start deporting.

Thanks for the great post...will forward it to all on my list!

The reason farmers can't find enough illegals to do the job is because they are taking over the construction, fast food and hospitality jobs without any fear of getting deported or even bothered.

It sucks because American teenagers can't get summer jobs anymore and there is no way Americans wouldn't want those construction jobs.

I have a friend who has a teenage daughter who wanted to work fast food but wouldn't because she would have been the only American working there except for the managers. Since she doesn't speak Spanish, she felt totally intimidated and just gave up. Even our Honeybaked Ham stores have 100% latino employees.

I snapped a few weeks ago when I went to the grocery and the deli clerks were complaining about white people in Spanish. I speak Spanish well enough to know what they were saying. When I compalined to management, they asked me what I thought they should do. I told them to check their documents through the Basic Pilot and/or FIRE them. When I went back last week, they were still there speaking to each other in Spanish.

The idiots in our State Capitol have put out the welcome mat. I don't know if everyone out there knows why the Del Monte raid took place. It wasn't because ICE was on the ball. It's because an reporter from our local weekly independent newspaper get a job there undercover and had written a story about it. If ICE wanted to, there could raid one employer a day around here and arrest wouldn't even put a dent in it.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Re: Big Agriculture

What this all boils down to is avarice on their part. Personally, I am not really affected by illegal immigration, but the common good of the nation takes precedence for me above all other considerations. The Founders were classical republicans who believed liberty is grounded in virtue. Unfortunately, over the years, we have strayed from this self-understanding. The degeneration of our republic into a tyrannical oligarchy has been the result.

Re: How bad it can get

Quote Originally Posted by shelvapreston
    In Palm Beach Florida, there are more illegal invaders than Citizens. Property taxes have quadrupled in two years. The hospitals and schools are collapsing. You can not hear English or see an English sign. If you do not speak Spanish, you can not bank, order in a restaurant etc. There are 100 known gangs of illegal criminals that control the County. The local newspaper printed a map locating the gang territories. Florida is a sanctuary area. It is no longer a state in the US. It is an extremely dangerous third world Country.

I know that tourism is a main-stay of Florida, particularly with senior citizens who are trying to escape the cold winters in the North. I can't imagine that they would think of visiting Florida Cities such as you have desribed. Has this impacted Palm Beach, and are officials talking about it?

Re: How bad it can get

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor

I know that tourism is a main-stay of Florida, particularly with senior citizens who are trying to escape the cold winters in the North. I can't imagine that they would think of visiting Florida Cities such as you have desribed. Has this impacted Palm Beach, and are officials talking about it?
    Just a question: Who will those wintering tourists rely upon for their sevices? This going to be a complicated problem taking a lot of creativity.

I know that out in the West our agriculture, which is now dominated by immigrants, stands on the verge of new wave of mechanization. It gets down to a matter of incentive. The engineering students at local universities have already been working on mechanical harvesting. The critical thing is geting it down to an affordable level---and ending the opposition from farmworker groups.

So what can be done in the industries that are servicing the Snowbirds? I'm sure there is a way, but it's gonna take some ingenuity.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    There is amazing Historic parellel to whats happening in this country to the Visigoth invasion of Rome in 395 A.D. After the death of Theodosius I, the Visigothic troops in Roman service proclaimed Alaric their leader; under his strong guidance they first developed the concept of kingship. Alaric led a revolt in the Balkan Peninsula but was checked by Stilicho, Flavius in 401 Alaric began his attacks on Italy and he was halted by Stilicho, but after Stilicho's death he succeeded in his invasion, and the Visigoths became masters of Italy. Negotiations between Alaric and Emperor Honorius, Roman emperor of the West . On the death of Theodosius I, the Roman Empire was divided; Arcadius , the elder son, failed, and in 410 the Visigoths sacked Rome. Alaric died soon afterward and all of Europe was plunged into what is known as the Dark Ages, it lasted 500 years.

Lesson? Never let another Culture take over yours!
    Yes. And what is even more amazingly similar is that the Visigoths had been conquered by Rome in previous generations.........Just as our invaders had been conquered by us in 1848. So, as Rome conquered the barbarians, the barbarians conquered Rome. As America conquered Mexico, the mexicans are conquering America.

I think about this a lot, but their is one major difference. While the Romans were a proud people with a strong warrior tradition, they were not a constitutional republic. They were an empire ruled under a dictatorship. They did not have a population that had fought and won itself a middle-class, a clean environment, and representative laws. We are not only a nation descended of warriors (like Rome), we are also a people with a strong and prideful history of democracy, and we take our constitution seriously. Americans are the most bad ass, hard working, civilized people the world has ever seen. It will prove impossible to conquer such a people............but the traitors in Washington are trying their darndest.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I think about this a lot, but their is one major difference. While the Romans were a proud people with a strong warrior tradition, they were not a constitutional republic. They were an empire ruled under a dictatorship. They did not have a population that had fought and won itself a middle-class, a clean environment, and representative laws. We are not only a nation descended of warriors (like Rome), we are also a people with a strong and prideful history of democracy, and we take our constitution seriously. Americans are the most bad ass, hard working, civilized people the world has ever seen. It will prove impossible to conquer such a people............but the traitors in Washington are trying their darndest.
    We are definitely headed for interesting times...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast