Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wasington Times Going PC

John Solomon took over the Washington Times on Jan. 28.

But he arrived today, via a message from the paper’s copy operation.

The news, in short: No more scare quotes.

Longtime Washington Times readers know well what this is all about: Under the regime of Wesley Pruden, the Times, unwilling to acknowledge anything so radical and immoral as gay marriage, treated the term in its pages as gay “marriage.â€

Actually I believe they have gone "TP" to be more precise.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    At least he left the "illegal" part in. He could have called them "undocumented" like many do.

When I see this sort of stuff, I can't help but remember the "Republican Revolution" of 1994. Those guys went up to Capital Hill to limit the size of federal government, cut spending, and cut the special interests groups, but they ended up even worse than the Democrats they removed from power.

I don't know what it is....the D.C. culture or subtle influences or just the spirit of the times. What is making conservatives capitulate on their beliefs time and time again? What will be left for them if they don't draw the line somewhere?

One thing is for sure: our political class, or ruling elite, have shown themselves incapable of leading. I think a wave of populism in the next ten years will sweep them all out of power.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner