Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Maybe you could contact other groups

WASHINGTON, June 27 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- While local politicians, including Gov. Rod Blagojevich, work to expand the benefits and services Illinois provides to illegal aliens, a new study by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) finds that illegal immigration already costs the state $3.5 billion annually. The $3.5 billion annual price tag associated with illegal immigration, according to the report, The Costs of Illegal Immigration to Illinoisans, covers the costs of only three basic state-provided services: K-12 education, publicly funded health care, and incarceration of illegal aliens who have committed other crimes after settling Illinois. In 2005, some 620,000 illegal aliens were estimated to live in Illinois.

Education represents the largest single component of Illinois' illegal alien fiscal liability -- about $3.1 billion a year. Statewide, FAIR estimates about 110,000 children are in the country illegally and an additional 205,000 are children born here to illegal aliens. Combined, these students represent 10 percent of public school kids. Publicly funded health care for illegal aliens costs the state about $340 million a year, while illegal aliens in state prisons drain another $55 million from state coffers. The typical native-headed household in Illinois pays an estimated $695 a year in taxes to cover the costs of just these three programs, concludes the report.

"The release of this report on the costs of illegal immigration comes as the U.S. Senate is debating a massive illegal alien amnesty bill, supported by both of Illinois' senators, that would dramatically increase costs in Illinois and all across the country," observed Dan Stein, president of FAIR. "Illegal aliens already pose a substantial cost burden to Illinois and other states, and those costs would grow exponentially as poorly skilled illegal aliens gain legal status in this country."

The Costs of Illegal Immigration to Illinoisans follows up on a study conducted by the Urban Institute in 1994, which limited its analysis to the same three state funded program areas. At the time, the Urban Institute estimated the illegal alien population to be 176,000, while the state itself placed the estimate at 270,000. The rapid growth of the illegal population has driven state costs ever higher.

"Illegal immigration in Illinois, and the costs associated with it are spiraling out of control, creating a fiscal black hole that is swallowing up the state's resources," said Stein. "Illinois, like a lot of other states, is struggling with failing and overcrowded schools, a collapsing public health care system, crumbling infrastructure and other serious problems. At the same time, illegal immigration is taking a greater and greater bite out of the state's budget every year.

"Unfortunately, many Illinois leaders have responded to the fiscally devastating influx of illegal immigrants by pandering to the special interests that benefit from illegal immigration at the expense of law-abiding, hard- working taxpayers," Stein concluded.

Like maybe fair could help, or a minuteman group
    Last edited by Jean; 07-21-2013 at 11:55 PM.

I would be at the Mayor's office first thing tomorrow morning. I would request an appointment to meet with him. Take as many neighbors and friends who want this passed. Tell them as citizens of OUR city I find in intolerable that outsiders are allowed seats in the city council meeting and leaving now room for the actual citizens.

I would also get a petition going to see how many signatures you could get in support of the measure and take them with you and say you are just beginning the petition but more will be coming. Remind him/her that you are a voter for your city not the other usurpers. BE SURE TO BE PROFESSIONAL, COURTEOUS AND STRONG.

Oh I might add. Wear your Sunday best or business suit. First impressions are big. A LITTLE red wouldn't hurt. It's consider a power color.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you, caasduit for that article from FAIR. I'll be posting that on our local website.

Gogo, Thanks for the tips on meeting with the Mayor. I will be contacting his office tomorrow to make an appointment to speak with him. Red, huh? Great idea!! Will let you know what he says!!

As always, thank you so much for the ideas!! Don't know what I'd do without you guys!
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!

You're welcome! Keep us updated.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: WAUKEGAN IL may rescind their request for the 287g!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlessUSA
    Hi guys!

Tonight we had a City Council Meeting, and of course, there were people bussed in from out of town to protest the 287g program that our Council recently said we would go for. The meeting was to start at 8, but was filled with these people by 7, so many of our local residents couldn't voice their approval of the city moving forward on this.

I was finally let in around 9:00, as they would let one person in, when one left. Anyhow, I only heard a couple speakers talk at public speaking time, and not one was from Waukegan. After the public speaking was over, they all walked out chanting NO 287g! (they also were all over the steps of City Hall with their drums, in fact, it was so loud, I could barely hear the rest of the meeting upstairs!)

Anyhow, at the end of the meeting, one of our Aldermen made a motion ot RESCIND our request for the 287g program!! It is now tabled until the next meeting in 2 weeks. I'm at my wits end! I can't believe this is happening!! What more can I do? I'm writing the aldermen and mayor again, and also writing a 'letter to the editor' of our local newspaper. How do I get people to show up at the next meeting 2 hours earlier so WE, the local residents can get a chance to speak?

Oh, and the local spanish radio station said that if Waukegan passes this, they will boycott all the non-spanish owned businesses here. Please let me know how to get our local leaders to listen to US, the local residents, and not people bussed in from out of town.
    GET THERE AT SIX.

Or better yet FIVE.

This is a w-a-r...

The first rule of war...

is "firstest with the mostest"

get there sooner, with more "muscle" (numbers), and shove your way in just like they do...

FOLKS — As the furor required to block S.1639 proves beyond doubt...

THE SITUATION IS WELL PASSED "NICE" AND "FRIENDLY"...

IF, AS YOU SAID, YOU WAIT TO BE "LET" IN...

IF YOU WAIT TO BE LET IN...

YOU WON'T BE.

NO MORE WALL-FLOWERS WAITING TO BE ASKED TO DANCE OUT OF COURTESY.

We: "Can we please come in, it's our turn, can we please please please..."

They: "—NO"

Then what???

NOTICE the COINCIDENCE: You were let in...

too late to do anything...

notice the "coincidence"
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    USPatriot wrote:

I would think the local citizens should be given the seats available NOT the people bussed in.
    I agree! Can't the city stop those that are not city residents from participating in the meeting? If that is not a possibility, perhaps the meeting hall can be divided into two sections, one section for city residents and one for non-city residents (of course the city residents should get the larger section). Your mayor and alderman have to know exactly what is going on, they can't be stupid enough to believe all the folks at the meeting are city residents. Furthermore, the Aldermen that made a the motion to halt the request has probably been against it all along and saw an opportunity to use the non-city resident revolt to his advantage.
    This is a country "of by for the people".

YOU are your city, your city is YOU...

So if YOU cannot stop them...

"your city" won't stop them either.

PREDICTION TO AMERICA: If you wait around and look for others to do what's right...

it won't get done.

Just a prediction.

YOU must step up. If YOU aren't willling and able to step up for YOU, don't expect the next guy to do it for you.

This is all about YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

Well, I ended up meeting with the Mayor yesterday. (I brought Fedup with me!! It was soooo nice to be able to finally meet you!!) We were in there for a good 40 minutes or so. We had a real good feeling when we left.

We showed Mayor Hyde pictures of our children, (so he can have faces of the future of Waukegan) and shared some stories on why we need to get the 287g program up and running here in Waukegan. He was very pleasant, and assured us that he is behind this 100%. He said he's got the council 'covered' and if not...he'll go to 'plan B'!!

The Minutemen showed up today, so I went out there also. There were about 11 people from the 'other' side, calling us racists, KKK, etc. (I felt bad for the black girl that was there with her American flag, holding a sign. She was the sweetest thing...) What I thought was particularly funny, was they kept chanting for US to go home!! Hmmm I thought I was!!

Anyhow, I was able to sell more tickets out there for Fred Flannigan's conference next week. I'm looking forward to meeting William in person...I just hope I don't get tongue-tied talking to him...He's like a GOD!!

Next city council meeting is July 16th, and we are already planning on getting there early. It's my understanding that which ever side gets there first, any protesters from the 'other' side has to stay across the street. I think I'll get there the night before!! hehehe

Thanks again for all your support and ideas!! I appreciate them more than you'll ever know!
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12