Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

As we fight this fight remember who we really are

Sometimes we get so mad that we overlook the fact that it is the situation we hate not the people. We forget that there is good and bad in all races.

Saturday I drove my grandaughter and friends to Stockton to take their SAT tests for college. I knew I had a five hour wait, which didn’t put me in a very good mood. While I was waiting I came upon a LULAC booth on the college property giving out Mexican Flags. I saw red.

When the girls got in the car I was still angry and I started telling my grandaughter all about it. Well come to find out one of the girls was an anchor baby. She, of all the girls engaged me in discussing my feelings. I let her know how I felt about illegal immigration, anchor babies, about breaking our laws and making demands, about groups like LaRaza and hyphenated Americans. As the debate started getting a little heated, my grandaughter asked if we could change the topic. The girl told my grandaughter that we were not fighting, that she should see the fights her family gets in over the issue (fist flying was her term). She said she is always being told that she is disrespecting her race when she speaks out against illegal immigration. I told her to tell them that she is an American first. She smiled and said that’s what she was going to do from now on.

After all was said and done, I felt guilty for allowing my feelings to get the better of me. Then yesterday my grandaughter came home and said the girl told her that she thought I was cute (teenager talk) and she wanted to know if the three of us could do something together.

As we are hardened by fighting this fight or by being called racists by pro immigration groups it is nice to know that GOD can still bring people or situations into our life that humble us and remind us of who we really are.

Re: As we fight this fight remember who we really are

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    Sometimes we get so mad that we overlook the fact that it is the situation we hate not the people. We forget that there is good and bad in all races.

Saturday I drove my grandaughter and friends to Stockton to take their SAT tests for college. I knew I had a five hour wait, which didn’t put me in a very good mood. While I was waiting I came upon a LULAC booth on the college property giving out Mexican Flags. I saw red.

When the girls got in the car I was still angry and I started telling my grandaughter all about it. Well come to find out one of the girls was an anchor baby. She, of all the girls engaged me in discussing my feelings. I let her know how I felt about illegal immigration, anchor babies, about breaking our laws and making demands, about groups like LaRaza and hyphenated Americans. As the debate started getting a little heated, my grandaughter asked if we could change the topic. The girl told my grandaughter that we were not fighting, that she should see the fights her family gets in over the issue (fist flying was her term). She said she is always being told that she is disrespecting her race when she speaks out against illegal immigration. I told her to tell them that she is an American first. She smiled and said that’s what she was going to do from now on.

After all was said and done, I felt guilty for allowing my feelings to get the better of me. Then yesterday my grandaughter came home and said the girl told her that she thought I was cute (teenager talk) and she wanted to know if the three of us could do something together.

As we are hardened by fighting this fight or by being called racists by pro immigration groups it is nice to know that GOD can still bring people or situations into our life that humble us and remind us of who we really are.
    I agree, I had almost the same thing happen but mine has been email.
    Remember the place Guadaluope, NM? I wrote to the councilwomen because they were threatening Sheriff Arapio and he told them to find another sheriff department.
    Well, come to find out he is charging them over 1 million a year for 1.66 sheriffs to patrol their town that is 1 square mile and they have 5000 residents. Plus their crime is rising! They don't want him to harrass the people there but concentrate on the ones coming in.

We've had great discussions. Their people are Yaqui and Mexican mix.
    She would love to educate me on my daily world there in Arizona Living as Female Politician in a small town that is Hispanic and Yaqui Indian. It's been great having her as a cyber friend.
    So I can relate to your experience. But I STILL don't want my tax money going to another country's people that are illegally come here and rape our systems. We have plenty of people here that our government doesn't help ..... What gives?
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I don't think that you should feel guilty for helping someone see your point of view. No matter what political, civil issue you discuss your always going to have that silent tension. I feel that as long as you were not insulting, but informitive about factual information then it seems that your point must make a ton more sence than what she was raised with. Some people need that alternitive view that they don't get from their family. And it was probably refreshing to her to debate the issue with someone that isn't going to knock her lights out.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

The Hatered for Americans is so blunt, La Raza is behind all of it.
    And they call us RACIEST?
    Proud to be an AMERICAN