Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We may be on to something here.

Written by a retired veteran family member

Bought a bird feeder and hung it on

my back porch and filled it with seed.

Within a week we had hundreds of

birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was everywhere:

on the patio tile, the chairs, the able....

everywhere!

Then some of the birds turned mean.

They would dive bomb me and try to

peck me even though I had fed them

out of my own pocket.

And others birds were boisterous and

loud. They sat on the feeder and

squawked and screamed at all hours

of the day and night and demanded

that I fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on

my own back porch anymore. So I took

down the bird feeder, and in three days

the birds were gone. I cleaned up their

mess and took down the many nests they

had built all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was the way it used

to be.... quiet, serene and no one

demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now let's see. ............

Our government gives out free food,

subsidized housing, free medical care,

and free education and allows anyone

born here to be an automatic citizen.

Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for

the government to take down the bird

feeder.

If you agree, pass it on; if not, continue

cleaning up the poop!

The animal world is a great teacher, I grew up on a farm and hunted during my youth and found we are a reflection of the animal world when our population increases we do very dumb things, increased crime, disease, etc, but it seems we fail to learn.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Beautiful post and so true. I did that too. And you're absolutely right. The government needs to take down its bird feeder.

All the freebies are for the ILLEGALS,

Not the AMERICAN CITIZENS.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

Quote Originally Posted by koobster
    All the freebies are for the ILLEGALS,

Not the AMERICAN CITIZENS.

I find it odd that we can't challenge when IA get free medical because they have no ssn yet when someone here legally is uninsured we have to pay our bill or it counts against us. Isn't there a way to legally challenge this? Or how about when it comes to subsidized housing or welfare or daycare programs. I remember trying to get my child in to a pre school/daycare for a few hours every week and they wouldn't let me because I was taking mostly online classes but you had to prve you were woriking or going to school etc and even then I would have had to pay a large sum every week but it's free for those who are on welfare. Of course that made me angry but what could I have done? How does one here illegally provide a pay stub, work hours, ssn which are all the hoops I had to go through and still didn't get my child in to the pre school/day care center? Is there just some unwritten code where if you're illegal and have an anchor baby you just don't have to provide any information what so ever?

I used a rubber snake, placed near the bird feeder. Birds don't like snakes. The birds left and the bird feeder was still hanging. Maybe given our governments lack of action to remove the food we should add our own snake??
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    I used a rubber snake, placed near the bird feeder. Birds don't like snakes. The birds left and the bird feeder was still hanging. Maybe given our governments lack of action to remove the food we should add our own snake??
    I'm all for it...Great idea...

This is a duplicate...

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-95063-squawked.html
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-92670-squawked.html

For a total of 13 threads...

Search is your friend...

Term = squawked
    Type = search in posts
    Forum = General Discussion

Use the search engine - it works just fine...and please indicate the topic in your thread title when creating one - so I can avoid it please. I have little time - and I don't like it getting wasted reading the same thing over and over.

I APPRECIATE NEW MATERIAL PROVIDED BY OTHERS. THAT"s WHAT I COME HERE FOR - ESPECIALLY ALIPAC ALERTS AND WRITE-UPS.

=
    Not serious about illegals, outsourcing and insourcing? Wait until magicians pull illegals out of their hats...

Quote Originally Posted by mrrabbit
    This is a duplicate...

Search is your friend...

Term = squawked
    Type = search in posts

Use the search engine - it works just fine...and please indicate the topic in your thread title when creating one - so I can avoid it please. I have little time - and I don't like it getting wasted reading the same thing over and over.

I APPRECIATE NEW MATERIAL PROVIDED BY OTHERS. THAT"s WHAT I COME HERE FOR - ESPECIALLY ALIPAC ALERTS AND WRITE-UPS.

=
    It is? Sorry. I will do that search next time. I just got this today by my family and posted as soon as I got it...No authors so I assumed he wrote it. I will e-mail and ask him. Either way, words are spreading and that is a good thing. Maybe I just won't post things and let other members post things.

That's exactly what I do when it comes to other's material...

I always assume that someone else here has found it already - and already posted it. Almost everytime - my assumption is correct. Usually, it is on the front 25 posts of General Discussion or News forums...

I believe only once have I posted or linked an article that no else had covered yet.

It a matter of simple statistically probability - lots of folks here looking for the same news = little chance of being first or original.

As Dr. Bill Wattenburg often says about ideas - if you've thought of it - someone else probably has too.

=

Quote Originally Posted by yongmi
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrabbit
    This is a duplicate...

Search is your friend...

Term = squawked
    Type = search in posts

=
    It is? Sorry. I will do that search next time. I just got this today by my family and posted as soon as I got it...No authors so I assumed he wrote it. I will e-mail and ask him. Either way, words are spreading and that is a good thing. Maybe I just won't post things and let other members post things.
    Not serious about illegals, outsourcing and insourcing? Wait until magicians pull illegals out of their hats...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast