Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We need to stop this pronto quick!!!!!!

This was just found at Latina.blog-city.com we need to stop this now
    Urgent matter for CA & IL residents

We URGENTLY need your help. Elvira Arellano has brought attention to the crisis that exists in America today - one of forced family separation and one that no one can turn their back on. She has sacrificed so much for the love of her son and his pursuit of happiness, and his dreams that she believes can become a reality. Elvira has exemplified the need for family unity. We must stand behind efforts that embrace our U.S. Citizens and their parents. Decisionmakers and lawmakers both have a moral conscience for family unity and we are appealing to that conscience. Elvira believes in all that is good and right in America and hopes that the decisonmakers and lawmakers will understand the issue of family se paration as one of utter importance. Changing legislation to embrace family unity will be an example to our U.S. children that America stands by its moral values of justice and liberty for all.

This Mothers' Day benchmarked her refuge at the Adalberto Methodist Church in Chicago for almost 9 months. Elvira Arellano has a private bill introduced on her behalf by Congressman Luis Gutierrez (HR 1557). This bill would grant her permanent residency, if passed. Another private bill, sponsored by Congressman Bobby Rush (HR 2182) names Elvira and Illinois families would provide relief. Elvira boldly organized Illinois families facing similar situations throughout their campaign to uncover our country's crisis of policies that separate U.S. citizens from their parents.
    Although both bills are requesting a grant for legal permanent residency for Elvira as well as others, they have no protection by way of a "Stay of Deportation" until the bill is marked up by the House Subcommittee on Immigration and Citizenship under the Judiciary Committee headed by Congressman Conyers.

At this time, we are yet not concerned with bringing this bill to a vote by Congress; rather we are looking for protection and relief for Elvira, and the others through a "Stay of Deportation", in order for her to spend quality time in the U.S. with her with her son in an environment conclusive to rearing children (while the process of legal permanent residency) takes its course. If the bills advanced to the Immigration and Citizenship Subcommittee, chaired by Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-California), Elvira and others would be protected from deportation.

Elvira has made a selfless sacrifice by bringing this crisis to the attention of the world, making her and her son vulnerable to public scrutiny and bias sentiment and yet she has served as an example to her son, with her message..."family must retain its integrity and stay fully in tact for the physical and psychological stability of our children who by all definition are American." She has organized campaign efforts, lobbying, and mobilizing to provide Congress and Senate with "actual" information through her own personal case in order for them to create a just law for comprehensive immigration reform. Now, we need your help to free them and continue to put forth the necessary efforts that will bring the best legalization bill for family unity. We can win at this time. We know there is no substitute for an "actual" account of a family who has lived through forced separation brought upon them by unjust laws. Elvira represents an "actual" family that has been torn apart and she wants to tell her story to decision makers in hopes that family unity will take precedent. Please help us free Elvira to do the work set before her while she pleads for humane treatment and families and for a reformed comprehensive bill that represents true democracy, freedom and justice for all.

Our understanding is as follows. Congressman Conyers has agreed to have this bill marked up and call for the report from I.C.E . but Congresswoman Lofgren has decided, like most Congressman, that they will not entertain any private bills until they deal with Comprehensive Immigration Reform as a whole. These families make the argument for Comprehensive Immigration Reform. When Rosa Parks made the bold sacrifice to stay seated and not move she defied laws that encourage segragation and racism. Rosa created an American Legacy for the Civil Rights Movement to bring national attention to the crisis of racism and laws that would segregate American people by race. Rosa had at her disposal an entire legal defense and all of the consciously progressive electoral representatives so that she could continue to work and be an American symbol of strength and what is morally conscious. Elvira and her son deserve the same opportunity to continue working with families who are separated by policies that are not in the best interest of families or America.

We believe residents of California, with little effort, can convince Congresswoman Lofgren to entertain the bill and allow for Elvira Arellano win or lose the freedom to fight to stay with her son and for all those she represents. Please see the sample attached letter for emailing and phone calls on Elvira's behalf. Please send us a copy of your email, and let us know if you also made a phone call.

Gracias y Siempre Adelante

Emma Lozano psf@somosunpueblo.com

Link to Honorable Lofgren's email: http://lofgren.house.gov/emailform.shtml

Honorable Zoe Lofgren, United States House of Representatives

District Office:

635 North 1st Street, Suite B

San Jose, CA. 05112

Tel. 408.271.8700

Fax 408.271.8713

Washington D.C. Office

102 Cannon HOB

Washington, D.C. 20515

Tel. 202.225.3072

Fax 202.225.3336

Please be so kind as to act on HR (1557) and HR (2182) in order to provide a "stay of deportation" for Elvira Arellano and the others to continue their work to tell their own compelling stories in order to make the case for Comprehensive Immigration Reform. We understand that Elvira and the others can receive a temporary "Stay of Deportation", if the Sub-Committee on Immigration that you chair, would mark up the bill and call for a report from I.C.E.. As you know Elvira Arellano has become the symbol of the movement for a just Comprehensive Immigration Reform and has sacrificed all for her son and those she represents. We believe that it is in the best interest of all if she is allowed to leave the church and lead the struggle for Comprehensive Immigration Reform. Please contact me with your respons e as soon as possible.

Get this woman OUT OUT OUT OUT of our country. We have laws, she broke them. Where is ICE, why haven't they already broken into that damn church and pulled her ass out of it, hauled her to a plane and deported her butt?

This is our law enforcement entity? An agency that won't or can't get an illegal alien named Elvira out of our country when the whole world knows where she is?

Good Grief .. !

We stop this by demanding this woman be DEPORTED in accordance with our US Immigration Laws.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am so sick and tired of her. Calling ICE???

Pretty pathetic, huh?

http://www.ice.gov/about/contact.htm

Field Office Director, Chicago
    10 W. Jackson Blvd.
    Chicago, IL 60604
    Phone: 312-385-1702
    Area of Responsibility: Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Wisconsin

Doesn't hurt to try calling ICE and demanding OUR RIGHTS.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

I really hate it when they say we are breaking up families. No, you can take your children with you, if they choose to, they can come back when they are 18!

Wasn't she the one that was saying her son was ill (had ADD or something) yet, she sent him to Washington DC with strangers?? Wasn't she the one that was deported more than once before?? Where are the fines that are supposed to be imposed on her??

Thank you Caasduit, I will be e-mailing and making those phone calls.
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!

We need to stop these bills

We need to work to stop HR 1557 and HR 2182. She should not get permanent legal residency.

I am perplexed by the statement about "family must remain together and fully intact..." where is the Dad in this situation? I am so tired of hearing about this woman and her kid.

NOT SURE

NOT SURE ..HE MAY HAVE BEEN DEPORTED.....
    BUT I RECIEVED A NOTICE ON BILLS I WATCH AND SENATORS & REPS AND THIS IS WHAT I WAS NOTIFIED OF BY GovTrack.us

Tracked Events Update

Rep. Gutiérrez [D-IL], Private legislation

I TRIED TO VIEW AND COULDN'T
    I USED TO BE ABLE TO VIEW PRIVATE BILLS....

ON THIS SITE YOU CAN NO LONGER FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAIL, HAVE THE BILLS HAVE NO SUMMARIES AND MANY HAVE NO DEBATE SUMMARIES...
    THINGS HAVE CHANGED HERE. I WROTE ABOUT THE LACK OF TRANSPARECY AND GOT A LAME REPLY.
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

Just heard this rumor

I heard that answer is trying to introduce a bill to make CA a sanctuary city.

Now imagine if we were to try and enforce current laws. 1 million, 2 million or chose a number of illegal immigrant mothers all screaming. You cannot tell me our politicians did not see this coming during the past 20 yrs. since the last debate on illegal immigration. This was part of the debate then. Our politicians (most of them) have let this go, knowing the outcome. We have been sold down the river once more.

This country has think tanks for every issue. Just look at the brightest minds that were brought together for the NAU proposal. They know, and they knew. Divide and conquer.

The rug was "sold" from under our feet many yrs. ago. The wall fell, but Communism did not die, for you cannot kill an idea!

Can you say "TERM LIMITS?"