Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    This is from www.numbersusa.com

The following are the Senators whom we are feeling quite good about. You should find ways to thank them for being so sensitive to the needs of your state's workers and communities and urge them to just fight harder to stop S. 1348.

(* in front of Senators up for re-election in 2008.)

The KILL BILL Caucus

DEMOCRATS (
    * Baucus (MT) Mailbox not full
    Byrd (WV) Not full
    Dorgan (ND) Not full
    * Landrieu (LA) Not full
    McCaskill (MO) Full
    Tester (MT) Not full
    * Pryor (AR) Full
    * Rockefeller (WV) Not full

REPUBLICANS (19)
    * Alexander (TN)
    * Allard (CO)
    Bond (MO)
    Bunning (KY)
    Coburn (OK) Not full
    Corker (TN)
    * Cornyn (TX)
    Crapo (ID)
    DeMint (SC)
    * Dole (NC)
    * Enzi (WY) Not full
    Grassley (IA) Not full
    * Inhofe (OK)
    * Roberts (KS)
    * Sessions (AL)
    Shelby (AL)
    * Smith, G. (OR)
    Thune (SD) Not full
    Vitter (LA) ??? busy ???

THE HEROIC LEADERS
    Sessions (R-Ala.) Full
    Dorgan (D-N.D.)
    DeMint (R-S.C.)
    Vitter (R-La.)

I tried in addition to call Reid, Lott and McConnell. When I asked for Lott the operator said "Mailbox is full."

Richard Burr R (NC) Not full--voted no on cloture last Thursday
    Judd Gregg R (NH) Not full--voted no on cloture last Thursday

Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    From the ones on your list that I've been able to call today so far (late Sunday morning, I'm still not done) these voice mail boxes are still NOT full:
    -Coburn
    -Sanders
    -Shelby
    -Thune
    Populist,

Good work and thanks for the update. I hope this means that many of the others are full now . When you're done, let us know any others that are still NOT full.

Cheerio,

Duh
    Duh

Latest:

DC voicemail not full:
    -Burr
    -Craig (he has announced support for the amnesty bill! Call him)
    -Crapo

DC voicemail full:

-Dole
    -Snowe
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is this all we can do? Make phone calls?

Everyone's putting so much energy into making phone calls, faxes, emails. I just don't think that's enough. Everyone did this two weeks ago, all the polls are heavily on our side, the Senators KNOW where we stand. I think at this point we need to do something MORE to make them truly BELIEVE that we will vote for their opponents in the next election. When bush nominated Harriet Meiers to the Supreme Court, someone made him BELIEVE that the 4 million evangelicals who didn't vote in 2000 would stay home in 2006. Here's what I did last week: I got my ass down to the Post Office at lunchtime and got a voter registration form, took it home that night, filled it out, changed my party to Independent, dropped it in the mail, no postage required. I went to www.bankofamericaboycott.com and signed the petition, found a bank that doesn't accept the Mexican matricular consular card, went online and opened an account there. Then I sent an email to Wells Fargo and told them I was closing my account because of this issue. I closed a credit account I had with Home Depot, and I went online and applied for an account with Lowe's. I went to https://secure.fladems.com/page/contribute and gave 44 cents to the Florida Democratic Party as a slap to Mel Martinez, and I went to www.NRSC.org and paid my $10 weekly ransom that I pay every week this bill doesn't get past the Senate. I registered at every antiillegalimmigration website I could find and I contributed a dollar to every one, just to show the world that I'm out here, I'm shouting as loud as I can and jumping up and down and waving my arms and trying to get someone's attention. Because next week nothing I do will matter if this bill gets voted on.

Re: Is this all we can do? Make phone calls?

Quote Originally Posted by AmyCarter
    Everyone's putting so much energy into making phone calls, faxes, emails. I just don't think that's enough. Everyone did this two weeks ago, all the polls are heavily on our side, the Senators KNOW where we stand. I think at this point we need to do something MORE to make them truly BELIEVE that we will vote for their opponents in the next election. When bush nominated Harriet Meiers to the Supreme Court, someone made him BELIEVE that the 4 million evangelicals who didn't vote in 2000 would stay home in 2006. Here's what I did last week: I got my ass down to the Post Office at lunchtime and got a voter registration form, took it home that night, filled it out, changed my party to Independent, dropped it in the mail, no postage required. I went to www.bankofamericaboycott.com and signed the petition, found a bank that doesn't accept the Mexican matricular consular card, went online and opened an account there. Then I sent an email to Wells Fargo and told them I was closing my account because of this issue. I closed a credit account I had with Home Depot, and I went online and applied for an account with Lowe's. I went to https://secure.fladems.com/page/contribute and gave 44 cents to the Florida Democratic Party as a slap to Mel Martinez, and I went to www.NRSC.org and paid my $10 weekly ransom that I pay every week this bill doesn't get past the Senate. I registered at every antiillegalimmigration website I could find and I contributed a dollar to every one, just to show the world that I'm out here, I'm shouting as loud as I can and jumping up and down and waving my arms and trying to get someone's attention. Because next week nothing I do will matter if this bill gets voted on.
    WELCOME TO ALIPAC AmyCarter,
    Thats wonderful what you did and I'm sure it made you feel better, but there is truth in United WE Stand, there is more power in numbers and we are making a difference, we did stop that bill last week and although it is coming back up, hopefully it won't get past the senate, but if it does it still has to get through the 435 member of the House of Representatves who are up for re-election every two years so there for are alttle more atuned to the Ameican people.

Defeat is not an option and we will not be defeated until all options are have been used up. If we lose the Senate it is no time to give up, we immediately need to plan a stratigy for the next battle with the House of Rep.

I hope you are here to join in and help win this battle, believe me when I say it can feel hopless when you are trying to do it on your own, it even can in a group but here you have people to lift your spirits again.

Please join us The more hand on the computers, phones and faxes the better.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

The phone lines in Washington are wide open, Call, Call Call,
    Senator Warner needs to feel some heat his staffer said that he is open to any negotiations on this bill, I gave her a piece of info about how it's bad idea of debating this will. Give him a call and enlighten them!

OK EVERYBODY THIS IS NOW A DEAD THREAD!!

ALL NEW POSTING ARE AT THE LINK BELOW!! LETS GO GET EM THIS IS A NEW DAY, A NEW WEEK AND WE NEED TO KNOCK THEIR SOCKS OFF!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=390294
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314