Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What Doll Represents American Culture?

Today I received a call from my daughter that made me laugh, which I needed. It seems my grandaughters first grade teacher told my daughter that the class was celebrating Heritage Week. She explained that she needed to make a doll representing her heritage and culture. My daughter said you mean "American". The teacher said no that it had to be whatever culture was predominant to the heritage of the child. Once again my daughter said American. This went back and forth until my daughter said her family on all sides has been here since before the Revoluntionary War. What made me laugh is my daughter said she kept envisioning this doll draped in an American Flag.

I know this isn't really in keeping with this forum, but any suggestions anyone?

What made me laugh is my daughter said she kept envisioning this doll draped in an American Flag.
    BEAUTIFUL!

I think your daughter represents America very well!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

STATUE OF LIBERTY DOLL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Statue of Liberty Doll is great idea, but remember this is something she has to make or find in of all place "San Diego"

PUT A FLAG DRESS ON A BARBIE DOLL AND RAISE ONE ARM AND PUT A CANDLE IN IT. AND THEN PUT A CROWN ON IT.

Great idea I will pass it on to my daughter. Thanks

I like the Barbie doll idea too. Dress her up patriotic somehow.

Definition in my dictionary of 'culture': particular type or stage of civilization as a people or period. So there!

Your daughter is right on!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If I had to submit a 'doll' that represented my culture, I think I'd just put a wig on a Heinz 57 bottle.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

MW
    redpony353 wrote:

PUT A FLAG DRESS ON A BARBIE DOLL AND RAISE ONE ARM AND PUT A CANDLE IN IT. AND THEN PUT A CROWN ON IT.
    I'm not sure that's such a good idea, not now that Barbie is being made in China!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast