Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I would dress a doll as a quaker! but I do like the Heinz suggestion
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Also add a "Red, White and Blue with White stars bikini.
    ------------------------

I have decided to declare my culture as a second generation Okie. My husband's family, my family and my son-inlaws family all moved to California from Oklahoma and still live in both Oklahoma and California. I grew up on the stories of my grandfather being in the landrun, being an Indian Agent and my grandmother coming to Oklahoma via the Trail of Tears.

My 93 yr old mother inlaw is always telling telling stories of picking cotton in the fields of loading up 14 people in a little pickup truck and coming to California in the 30's of working in the fields and dryards and dairy's (you know all the jobs Americans won't do) I've always thought it funny that all of us have grown up in different parts of California but have ended up together.

I have noticed that these families from Oklahoma share common history, and food. It was always a treat to have a pot of beans, fried potatoes and cornbread. So for me this is my culture! Maybe the good that will come out of all this is that more Americans will start remembering our history, not the distorted version, and tell our children, pass on the stories we were told as children. By doing this just maybe we can stop from totally losing what it means to be an American.

Before anyone jumps me for using the word Okie in my enviroment it was always used with affection and that is how I intend to think of it.

Banned
    As a teenager in Stockton, California I lived in a neighborhood called 'Okieville'. The kids from elsewhere looked down their noses at us, but we'd just kick their azzes and laugh...LOL

MontereySherry, ( not to get off topic)
    Okie, is still proudly used here in Oklahoma. People are very nice, Illegals are null, (at least where I live).
    It's not "flat land" like everyone thinks.

You should join the Oklahoma Forums.http://www.city-data.com/forum/
    There's also an Immigration forum in the Political section

Tulsa,Ok.

BUT!!
    take a look at our weather
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dscott28604/
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12