Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What good will a wall do when...

What good will a wall do when there have been tunnels discovered? I've seen a few reports over the last few years of nice big underground tunnels for illegals to safely come into our country illegally. A wall is not going to stop that. They need to do something about the tunnels and they need to really start dinging employers who hire them and anyone else who brings them in. A few well publicized examples would curtail this problem.

Walls can be climbed. I think what the wall really represents is a message....it sends a message that there is indeed a border between the U.S. and Mexico. It's a dividing line.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Re: What good will a wall do when...

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight2236
    What good will a wall do when there have been tunnels discovered? I've seen a few reports over the last few years of nice big underground tunnels for illegals to safely come into our country illegally. A wall is not going to stop that. They need to do something about the tunnels and they need to really start dinging employers who hire them and anyone else who brings them in. A few well publicized examples would curtail this problem.
    People will always find a way into the country illegally. But a double wall with enough border patrol guards patrolling the middle of the two walls, sure would eliminate most of the problem. Right now I've heard that as many as 10,000 illegals or more are crossing the border everyday... anything to slow that number down is worth it.

If done right it would be a deterrent. I would like to see tunnels and employers addressed more often by our "leaders" as well as making immigrants assimilate like it used to be.

I also thought I saw somewhere where they have actually closed one large tunnel, but just like roaches (and illegals), there are probably 100 to replace that one.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-