Like Tree29Likes

Thread: What if my Undocumented Mom and Dad Are 'Forced to Leave'? Young Speaker Asks DNC

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What if my Undocumented Mom and Dad Are 'Forced to Leave'? Young Speaker Asks DNC

What if my Undocumented Mom and Dad Are 'Forced to Leave'? Young Speaker Asks DNC

By BENJAMIN SIEGEL Jul 25, 2016, 9:24 PM ET

Democrats gave undocumented immigrants and their concerns a featured role on the first day of the Democratic National Convention on Monday in Philadelphia, drawing sharp contrasts with Donald Trump and his hardline proposals on immigration.

Karla Ortiz, an 11-year-old daughter of undocumented immigrants whose tearful embrace with Clinton at a Nevada event became a campaign ad, spoke on stage with her mother Francisca about the fear and insecurity surrounding her parents’ circumstances.

“I’m scared that at any moment, my mom and my dad will be forced to leave,” she said. “I wonder, what if I come home and find it empty?”

The young Ortiz –- who said she wants to go to law school and become an immigration lawyer -– was followed by Astrid Silva, an undocumented immigrant and activist who decried Trump’s proposal to deport the undocumented.

“When Donald Trump talks about deporting 11 million people, he’s talking about ripping families apart,” she said.
    Rep. Luis Gutierrez, an Illinois Democrat who would likely play a leading role in any effort to pass comprehensive immigration reform in a Clinton administration, called Trump’s proposal a “sick, hateful fantasy.”

“I will raise my voice against the bigot who thinks a judge born in Indiana can’t do his job because his parents were born in Mexico,” Gutierrez said, referring to Trump’s criticism of an Indiana-born judge of Mexican descent who is presiding over a lawsuit against the now-defunct Trump University.

Clinton and running mate Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia have pledged to work on immigration reform in their first 100 days of office.

What if my Undocumented Mom and Dad Are 'Forced to Leave'? Young Speaker Asks DNC - ABC News

Then they take you with them and you now speak 2 languages...... They always drag out "the children".

STOP TEARING AMERICAN FAMILIES APART.

SEND THE WHOLE FAMILY BACK!!!

That child is a dual citizen of this country and her home country. Problem solved! She can go home with her parent(s).

NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND. Go to the schools first, get the kids, then go arrest the parents. Detain them all and deport/remove quickly. The last thing we need is another immigrant who wants to be an "immigration lawyer". Head 'em up. Move 'em out.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Plenty of school buses not being used this summer...load them up and send them back. Go get your education on YOUR soil and be a Lawyer to help people in YOUR country...and take your CRIMINAL illegal family with you!

I received this email. They are really working it.

XXXXX -- yesterday, a broad and diverse coalition of immigrants and Latinos had the opportunity to share their story from the main stage at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.
    One of the main speakers of the night was Karla Ortiz, an 11-year-old girl from Nevada who, despite being a U.S. Citizen, shared her constant fear of being separated from her parents.
    Throughout her speech, Karla told an emotional crowd that she often wonders what would happen if she came back to an empty home because her parents were “forced to leave.” Karla's mother, Francisca, also addressed the crowd - stating that immigrant families should remain together so that they too could pursue the American Dream.
    America needs to hear Karla’s moving story, and realize that immigrant families are just as American as any other family across the country and deserve to stay together.
    Click here to watch Karla’s moving speech, and hear from other fearless advocates who are contributing to their communities and working to keep immigrant families together.
    Joining Karla and Francisca at the National Democratic Convention was Astrid Silva, a longtime immigration advocate from Nevada who spoke about her parent’s sacrifice in pursuit of the American dream.
    “My family believed so deeply in the promise of this country, that we risked everything for the American dream,” Astrid told the crowd, reminding them that despite her family’s immigration status, she has remained committed to obtaining an education and helping members of her community.
    Stories like Karla’s and Astrid’s are powerful reminders of what is at stake in this election for millions of immigrant families across the United States.
    Personal stories are one of the strongest tools in our fight for immigration relief! Click here to share Karla’s and Astrid’s stories with your friends and family.
    I hope that you will help us share these powerful stories with your friends and family.
    Thank you for your support,
    Juan Escalante
    America’s Voice

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    STOP TEARING AMERICAN FAMILIES APART.

SEND THE WHOLE FAMILY BACK!!!

Triple Like....

SHOULD BE TITLED "ILLEGAL LAW BREAKING MEXICAN'S VOICE".

They are not US Citizens and they can build their "American Dream" on their soil.

That is what they are! We are a Nation of Laws! Deport them all.