Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What is Obama trying to pull now?

I did a search on the site for this and didn't find any other posting. I received this email from my Senator today with a letter attached. The letter reffers to something I have not previously heard of. Does anyone else know anything about this, or did they receive a similar email?

Dear Mr. :

You have previously written in to my office regarding immigration and I wanted to provide you with an update. If you do not want to receive this type of update in the future, please fill out the http://isakson.senate.gov/contact.cfm and choose "DO NOT SEND ISSUE UPDATES" from the drop down topic list.

I recently joined my Senate colleagues in sending a letter to President Obama to express my great disappointment and concern with an effort within his administration to offer blanket amnesty to thousands of illegal immigrants. I do not believe in offering amnesty or any special pathway to citizenship for individuals who are here illegally, and I believe that all immigrants should pursue citizenship by getting in line and complying with the same rules that are already in place. I have always drawn a clear distinction between legal and illegal immigration, and anyone who comes to our country legally should be welcomed to share in the pursuit of the American dream.

I have attached the letter sent to President Obama to this email.

Sincerely,
    Johnny Isakson
    United States Senator

For future correspondence with my office, please visit my web site at http://isakson.senate.gov/contact.cfm. You can also click here to sign up for the eNews[/img]

<Bnited ~tates ~cnet£
    WASHINGTON, DC 20510
    June 21,2010
    President Barack H. Obama
    The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear President Obama:

We understand that there's a push for your Administration to develop a plan to
    unilaterally extend either deferred action or parole to millions of illegal aliens in the
    United States. We understand that the Administration may include aliens who have
    willfully overstayed their visas or filed for benefits knowing that they will not be eligible
    for a status for years to come. We understand that deferred action and parole are
    discretionary actions reserved for individual cases that present unusual, emergent or
    humanitarian circumstances. Deferred action and parole were not intended to be used to
    confer a status or offer protection to large groups of illegal aliens, even if the agency
    claims that they look at each case on a "case-by-case" basis.
    While we agree our immigration laws need to be fixed, we are deeply concerned about
    the potential expansion of deferred action or parole for a large illegal alien population.
    While deferred action and parole are Executive Branch authorities, they should not be
    used to circumvent Congress' constitutional authority to legislate immigration policy,
    particularly as it relates to the illegal population in the United States.
    The Administration would be wise to abandon any plans for deferred action or parole for
    the illegal population. Such a move would further erode the American public's
    confidence in the federal government and its commitment to securing the borders and
    enforcing the laws already on the books.
    We would appreciate receiving a commitment that the Administration has no plans to use
    either authority to change the current position of a large group of illegal aliens already in
    the United States, and ask that you respond to us about this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

The letter was signed by Sen. Chuc Grassley- R-Iowa ,Sens. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah; Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga.; David Vitter, R-La.; Jim Bunning, R-Ky.; James Inhofe, R-Okla.; Thad Cochran, R-Miss.; and Johnny Isakson, R-Ga.,
    You are the Grayrider, you would not make peace with the bluecoats, you may go in peace

I LIKE this guys thinking.....better than my REID
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They are letting Obama know they are aware of his amnesty executive order and how he is gaming the immigration system now with policy amnesty.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the letter from the eight senators was posted as a numbers usa alert.
    i think it got covered in some news articles posted in the news section as well