Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What is the reason for the drop in Mexican immigration as is being reported

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

What is the reason for the drop in Mexican immigration as is being reported

So we got some interesting figures yesterday regarding the drop in illegal immigration from Mexico over the past seven years. You can read the article here.

For first time since Depression, more Mexicans leave U.S. than enter - The Washington Post

According to the graph, the downward trend began around 2005 and continued up to 2010. So this happened on President Bush's and Obama's watch. Did either President do anything special? Or was it simply due to changing times. I say it's the latter.

In Mexico, the old tradition of having many children is disappearing mainly due in part to the liberalization of society, which a good thing. Birth control is more widely accepted now then it was 50 years ago despite the fact that Mexico is mainly a Catholic nation, another good thing. Less children growing up living in poverty means less future immigrants to the U.S.. The young Mexican adults of today are more educated then their parents and grand-parents and with access to the Internet it's only helping to fuel to liberalization of Mexico's social culture and bringing it in tune with Western societal norms . Mexico has already legalized gay marriage in its capital, so it is moving into modern times albeit slowly. The young social liberals are winning the battle against the dying social conservative generation. I would hope the acceptance of Atheism as perfectly normal behavior will follow.

So back to immigration. According to a professor, we will never see the immigration levels we saw in the 80s and 90s from Mexico ever again. That is unless something catastrophic were to happen to Mexico's economy and the U.S. were to somehow rebound to pre-08 levels in less than the predicted 10 years.

The next wave of immigration will probably occur from actual extraterrestrial life, if we haven't already left this planet by then

working4change

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    So we got some interesting figures yesterday regarding the drop in illegal immigration from Mexico over the past seven years. You can read the article here.

For first time since Depression, more Mexicans leave U.S. than enter - The Washington Post

According to the graph, the downward trend began around 2005 and continued up to 2010. So this happened on President Bush's and Obama's watch. Did either President do anything special? Or was it simply due to changing times. I say it's the latter.

In Mexico, the old tradition of having many children is disappearing mainly due in part to the liberalization of society, which a good thing. Birth control is more widely accepted now then it was 50 years ago despite the fact that Mexico is mainly a Catholic nation, another good thing. Less children growing up living in poverty means less future immigrants to the U.S.. The young Mexican adults of today are more educated then their parents and grand-parents and with access to the Internet it's only helping to fuel to liberalization of Mexico's social culture and bringing it in tune with Western societal norms . Mexico has already legalized gay marriage in its capital, so it is moving into modern times albeit slowly. The young social liberals are winning the battle against the dying social conservative generation. I would hope the acceptance of Atheism as perfectly normal behavior will follow.

So back to immigration. According to a professor, we will never see the immigration levels we saw in the 80s and 90s from Mexico ever again. That is unless something catastrophic were to happen to Mexico's economy and the U.S. were to somehow rebound to pre-08 levels in less than the predicted 10 years.

The next wave of immigration will probably occur from actual extraterrestrial life, if we haven't already left this planet by then

Yes, and if you believe the Washington Compost then I have a bridge to sell you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal View Post
    Yes, and if you believe the Washington Compost then I have a bridge to sell you.
    Oh.... okay. Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

By the way, do you want me to do a five second Google search for you and cite a different publication? In your world, which do you "believe" in? CNN, Fox News, Wall Street Journal, Christian Science Monitor, CBS, Daily Mail?

They all say what the media moguls tell them to say and or not say...I trust none of them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kathyet View Post
    They all say what the media moguls tell them to say and or not say...I trust none of them.
    Well it's good to be pessimistic about anything you hear, but then there's paranoia and believing everything is a lie. You can have an opinion about the true intentions behind the media conglomerates (I believe they care more about ratings and revenue), but you are also dismissing the content they report on as a fabrications and lies. Washington Post did not do the study, they're simply reporting on it.

I agree! This is an election year and obumer and company will and are saying anything to get re-elected.

Ya okay googler!!!!! I still trust none of them today, yesterday, or tomorrow. They lost me years ago.

working4change
    Related

PEW Research Center Study 2012
    http://cbsla.files.wordpress.com/201...-migration.pdf

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Patriot View Post
    I agree! This is an election year and obumer and company will and are saying anything to get re-elected.
    Ya okay googler!!!!! I still trust none of them today, yesterday, or tomorrow. They lost me years ago.

So wait. Both of you also don't believe the men and women that patrol the border day in and day out when they say that border crossings have declined? So they're all in the pocket for Obama too right? Guys, if everyone believed the way you do, this country would be unable to function and would implode from widespread paranoia. You have to have an open mind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast