Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What is the Spin on Fox and other networks?

Friends,

I do not have time to watch right now with all that is going on.

Please post me one paragraph explanations of what kind of Spin you are seeing on Fox and other major networks about Elvira story.

What are they saying, pro con, mixed, pushing amnesty?

I need you to tell me what you are seeing and hearing in very condensed wording.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

W,

It was awful on Hannity & Colmes. Colmes, as usual, said he was for keeping families together. Hannity tried to debate with this pro-illegal guy, but the guy wouldn't let him get a word in edgewise...he just kept saying that Elvira was "ripped" away from her son.

On Fox News this morning, they didn't really put any "spin" on it. It was rather dry reporting...I didn't sense any bias at all.

americangirl
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I taped and watched this morning the three Chicago networks last night's coverage on Elvira. Mostly they reported what happened -BUT at the end they offered the opposing view finally. One station had Rosana Pulido make comments, she's the head of IL Minutemen. On another station they ended with a middle aged African American woman stating that 'they' should wait in line for 5 or 6 years like all the other immigrants. She was angry.... All in all too much video of the protesters for Elvira -making it seem like there were a lot...but we know better. Listened to talk radio as well -people are very angry with her, cannot believe that she left her son, believe that she will be back, should have gone to jail...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bill O'Reilly feels that it was political ploy on Elvira's part,and that Elivra made a choice to stay here illegally and now she has to pay the price. He has compassion for the boy, but says Elvira could have taken her son with her but chose not to. He is also disturbed about an illegal alien working at an airport cleaning air planes.

Michelle Malkin agreed with Bill. Kristen Powers says Elvira should be able to stay here, work, and be with her son.

We are getting 70 and 80 percent reading in favor of the arrest on several large sample online polls!

Elvira has failed.

W

Nearly all the cable news shows used the intro that Elvira took a stand and stayed in the U.S. so she wouldn't be seperated from her son. They were basically fair in the subsequent reporting but that was an unfair way to set the stage.

I've read a few times on the OBL sites that this was planned a month in advance. At first I didn't think it was because she didn't get her photo ops but it seems very convenient with the timing of the pro-illegal/anti-US sovereignty protests coming up. It seems like she thinks her power and status will be a great benefit on the other side of the border, but she will become the face of child abuse and abandonment.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    but she will become the face of child abuse and abandonment.
    I hope you are right Cowgirl. That is how it should be! I really hope this whole thing backfires on her.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

He is also disturbed about an illegal alien working at an airport cleaning air planes.
    My sentiments exactly!! I'm really surprised that this element of the Elvira saga isn't being discussed more.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".