Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This was perfect timing for me. Either fri, night or Sat, morning I'll be signing off of ALIPAC because I have to turn in my modem and TV box to Time Warner in Redlands, Ca.
    I'll use the rest of Saturday to finish packing and loading and then Sunday Morning, Me and my Dog "Murphy"(law) will be on our escape route to Oklahoma. Leaving California in my rearview mirror(s).
    As soon as I'm settled in OK, I'll be signing back into ALIPAC, (2 weeks at the most)
    So I'll expect to be updated
    I'm very proud of everyone on this board, I hope that noone intailed any symptom from "repetative motion".

We won round 1, now we have round 2 and I hope I'm back in time.

Again:
    CONGATS, ALIPACERS
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    I will me monitoring the hispanic media to see how the OBL spin this.

This is a huge defeit for the illegal alien activists!

TKO!
    The news coverage is interesting how it differs. The Chicago Trib and Suntimes online cover the defeat this morning. But I just looked at our local pro immigrant paper, The News Sun, and didn't see anything...

So yes, will rest up this weekend and then be ready again to go for enforcement on the border and for employers. Full steam ahead.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yup, looks like they want to try to do it again. They want to come back at us with revenge, especially Lindsey Graham.

If that's not "FORCING SOMETHING ON US", I don't know what is.

The people have spoken, Lindsey. Are you DEAF?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The next course of action should be pressuring the government to seal the borders and continue law enforcement raids

Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    our escape route to Oklahoma. Leaving California in my rearview mirror(s).
    Have a safe trip and a successful move. How nice that you are moving to Oklahoma where there seem to be some good things happening in terms of limiting illegals.

Duh
    Duh

Our city is now committing $200,000 for a day labor center to replace the open street corners that day laborers now use to solicit jobs. What gives a municipal government the right to spend money promoting business transactions with unlawfully entered persons? Also, does this comes under the category of "procuring aliens" which would be a violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act, Sec. 1327?

I dpn't know how many businesses I have seen that appear to be in violation of this provision of this Act. I believe that they often have hired a small force and then inquire of them as to whether they know of anyone else who could work. But I am seeing it everywhere, here in the upper Left Coast of America.

You would think that labor unions would oppose any form of hiring hall that presents competition with the union. But so many unions have acceded to the demanding illegal immigrant crowd. Now, they're pretty spineless.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    Our city is now committing $200,000 for a day labor center to replace the open street corners that day laborers now use to solicit jobs.
    I think this has happened in lots of other places. In the Napa Valey, for example, citiznes of at least one city (and I bet there are others) voted a requirement for the vintners to build living quarters with a day labor pickup area for illegals, to stop the illegals from congregating and hanging out in the center of town. The illegals spend the night in the living quarters but still go into town to the same old spots to await being picked up for day labor.

Duh
    Duh

We heard a lot of talk from the Senators saying, "Well, if you have a better solution, let's hear it." So I have some solutions and when I finish writing it up, I'll post it.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Home Depots in CA, has built centers in their parking lots for Illegals to congregate while waiting for contractors.
    Many with "Day Labor Centers" in walking distance of Home Depot.
    ------------------------

It ain't over yet!

One thing we can be sure of is that with all of the money and power that was behind this "Grand Bargain", the advocates of the sellout bill will try again. I would bet on a midnight "emergency" session of the senate being called to try and sneak this thing through. If that fails then they will draft another bill with some of the more obvious sellout provisions left out, they'll add those back in as amendments.

What our next move should be as a group is to promote the current immigration laws and insist on enforcement. When the media says, "Surely you don't expect the government to deport 12 million immigrants?", our spokespeople should reply with, "We expect the government to at least try to deport some of them."

We also need to insist that the 800 miles of fence that was promised gets built. I haven't heard much about the Minutemen lately but maybe we need to go down to the border and volunteer to build some of the fence? This might shame or scare the politicians into action.

Tom Tancredo has said much of the same things that I mentioned and my opinion of him has improved a lot these last few months. We need to support him and the others like him. If his poll numbers were to jump up suddenly by even a few percentage points that would be a signal that the media could not ignore.
    Lunarminer
    Thar's gold in that there moon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast