Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh good grief.......thats MERRY XMAS1
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Well this is one year I have spent almost nil on xmas gifts. For one thing, I have always chosen to make my own art projects or give something that's inexpensive with deep meaning - like "coupons" for favors during the year. For another, I can't afford it because I don't have a decent job. Thirdly, I DO want to send a message to retailers: demand the country stay in American hands or YOU TOO will be among those crying in the food lines. All the things I looked at said "made in China" anyway. Forget it. I told my friends and family that my love comes from my heart and is not measured by a pile of gifts under a tree. That said, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

letz hope for a cheaper dollar..

Hopefully in 2008 dollar will crash and jobs will come back.

Stronger dollar helps corporates and the rich..weaker the dollar better we the middle class are.

It will become expensive to produce in China. Mexicans will find that dollar is not worthy enough to cross the border.

I would love to see the dollar stores be filled with American made products.

Hopefully in 2008 dollar will crash and jobs will come back.
    Don't have to hope too hard for that.

The dollar is heading toward zero, and when the inertia of the current world market (which uses dollars as the standard currency) disappears, the dollar will crash. Foreigners are growing wary and frustrated of using the dollar (with America's ever growing debt) as a standard for their own economies. They doubt if we're able to pay our bills.

I know that many people are transferring their money to a foreign currency like the euro (such as Warren Buffet the billionarie). Gold, also, sustains value. People may want to explore and reasearch their options, because unless something changes, the dollar will only decrease in value. In other words, your life savings loses its purchasing power. Bread costs more than it used to, etc.

There are lots of good financial websites on the web that give advice. Of course, the future is unknown, especially when it comes to financial matters.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Barring that the they were visited by the three Christmas ghosts, they won't get it until we take our government back. The Scrooges and robber-barrons of the victorian era did not make concessions until the people in Western nations were successful in reforming their governments so that middle-classes could flourish. We need to start with Washington. We need to pack DC with people like Duncan Hunter, so we can get the jobs back from China, and make the illegals leave through attrition, getting poor and middle-class people a good raise, secure medical benefits, and perhaps a tax cut.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

It's been driving me bonkers listening to this garbage. Profits are up....just not as high as they wanted.....boo-hoo. And ladies.....it's our fault.....women didn't buy enough clothes.

I remember this all the time in retail.....another position ousted....more peoples hours cut.....instead of 2 lines to stand in forever they'll punish us with 1 now. Their greed has no end and I don't think they get that there's only so much you can squeeze out of nothing. It's been a bleak Christmas for alot of people.....survival or padding their pockets.....decisions, decisions.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ourcountrynottheirs
    I was half listening to the TV, and I heard them talking about Time or Newsweek magazine, who do a yearly report of the best careers. They said that some might want to consider blue collar jobs, such as hairdresser, locksmith, etc. A couple of days later I hear about a CEO who received a $68 million bonus for the year. Corporate America is DESTROYING our country.
    I saw that about blue collar jobs being more advantageous.
    Just a few years everyone was supposed to become more educated in
    the field of high tech since we would no longer be manufacturing anything.
    Well, that probably would have worked if we hadnt sent all our high tech
    out of the country.

What we have now is that so coveted "level playing field". And it became
    "level" when? When wages were driven down by illegal aliens and the quest
    for near slave labor to fatten the bottom lines of corporations. We are
    going down....they are going up. I dont like the level playing field!

My grandson is in his second year and pursuing his degree and I think
    when he gets out everything will be gone from here and set up in India
    and China. I tried to tell him for some time that he needed to pick
    a job that couldnt be outsourced or done by a Mexican! Of course,
    I was right!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Corporate America, it's TIME to PAY the PIPER, the CHICKENS have come HOME to ROOST!

Let's see, if I had just not been taxed so hard since I started work, I would have had nearly $2,000 more to spend this year on Christmas. In addition, since we're already in debt, can't sell a house, have to pay exhorbitant rent, food, and gas, in addition to high educational expenses, I don't DARE buy much for Christmas -- and we have three kids who we could really spend it on, if we had it.

Would have liked to have spent more, but just can't -- I refuse to go into any more debt.

Hey, Big Retailer -- I AM your Customer Past ... I am disappearing -- we used to spend big time for the holidays. We had cash flow, financial hope, savings, and confidence for the future ...all of that is just gone -- and who knows when it will ever come back, if ever. We buy our kids a few nice presents now, and just teach them to be happy with less - that is the new lifestyle now -- things have just really changed, in probably the past, oh, 8 years or so.

Hmmm, funny how it all coincides with the Bush presidency.

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by loneprotester
    They will get it when a lot of them go to prison for an extended vacation. That is the only way they will learn.
    That is EXACTLY what needs to happen. Our senators and congressmen NEED TO GET IN LINE WITH AMERICAN CITIZENS... instead of pandering to Corporations, etc..........AND TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK FROM THESE CORPORATE GREEDY .......MONGERS!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast