Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Where is our government?

Take a look at this video done by KRGV Channel 5 in the Rio Grand Valley. A Falfurrias, Texas family is being forced to leave their ranch out of fear for their lives because this government has allowed an invasion of violent drug dealers from Mexico.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP0xXcAU ... r_embedded

Special Report: Escape from FM 755
    Reported by: Will Ripley
    Last Update: 11/24 3:47 pm

BROOKS COUNTY - Rancher Stephen Burns dreamed of a quiet life on his family's South Texas ranch. The cartels took that dream away.

Drug and human smuggling has forced the family to barricade themselves inside their home, which is surrounded by an 8-foot electric fence and has security cameras.

"It's basically a compound and we have to stay there at night. And most times during the day," Burns said.

Twelve-year-old Finn Burns remembers when a man broke into the laundry room. His mother held the man at gunpoint until help arrived.

"I like living here, but it's getting dangerous," Finn said.

The Burns' 38,000-acre ranch is about 60 miles north of the U.S.-Mexico border along FM 755. The road runs from Tamaulipas, Mexico, through Starr, Northern Hidalgo and Brooks counties to US Highway 281.

It's described by law enforcement in court documents obtained by CHANNEL 5 NEWS as a "main smuggling corridor" where the "criminal climate (has) become more violent and organized in recent years."

Brooks County Chief Deputy Urbino Martinez said the cartels roam almost without resistance in the area because his county only has two deputies to cover an area roughly 20 times the size of McAllen.

"They know our limitations," he said. "They know where we're at half the time. They have their scouts."

He also said deputies can easily find themselves outnumbered and outgunned.

"You can get in danger pretty quick," Martinez said.

Complicating the situation, the oil and gas companies have free run of the ranch lands. Cartel members often disguise their trucks to blend in with oilfield traffic.

"It feels like we are, you know, a border town because all the action comes right here," said David Vela, a Brooks County Deputy.

The oil companies paved miles of ranch roads, which are not usually patrolled by law enforcement. The roads are ideal for smuggling massive loads of drugs past the Border Patrol checkpoints in Falfurrias and Hebbronville with little risk of detection.

In addition to drug and human smuggling, deputies have also reported assaults, kidnappings and rapes on private ranch lands. Sometimes the Burns family hears gunfire in the brush at night.

"We decided to leave because we don't have any control over the activity that goes on out here," Burns said. "Because I feel that my family is in danger, we have to move. And yes, it's crushing."

http://www.krgv.com/content/news/invest ... mSKRg.cspx
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

But the head of DHS says that our borders are more secure than they have ever been.

I believe that she just spews propaganda babble for the beltway and the coastal liberals
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Ya know... If I didnt know any better it would appear that DHS has been bought off By the Mexican Cartels

maybe its time for a Special Investigating team looking for Racketeering in the DHS
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Calderon's war on drugs is a joke, or he'd stop it from his side of fence!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Ya know... If I didnt know any better it would appear that DHS has been bought off By the Mexican Cartels

maybe its time for a Special Investigating team looking for Racketeering in the DHS
    Where's our government? Not to be found. We are being hearded by criminals who have an agenda to break America.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am Elizabeth Burns and that is my family in the video!

This news report is about my family. For two years leading up to our move, I wrote a blog and took pictures and video. I interview the illegal immigrants and put it on my blog. There is more to this story than just drug cartels. ExxonMobil built roads thru the property that bypass the Falfurrias and Hebbronville Border Patrol checkpoints. That is one reason it's so bad. My blog site is
    http://rancholoslosmalulos.blogspot.com/

Welcome to ALIPAC toddyburns. Thank you for the link to your blog it is very enlightening.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: I am Elizabeth Burns and that is my family in the video!

Quote Originally Posted by toddyburns
    This news report is about my family. For two years leading up to our move, I wrote a blog and took pictures and video. I interview the illegal immigrants and put it on my blog. There is more to this story than just drug cartels. ExxonMobil built roads thru the property that bypass the Falfurrias and Hebbronville Border Patrol checkpoints. That is one reason it's so bad. My blog site is
    http://rancholoslosmalulos.blogspot.com/
    Mrs. Burns, my wife and I make the drive from Houston to South Texas 2-3 times a year. We have been by your ranch on more than one occasion. We are very sorry that your family has had to move away from such a beautiful place. Its truly a shame that our government has done nothing to protect your family and your property from this foreign invasion.

Many times my wife has ask how easy it would be for criminals to get around those check points. After watching your videos we both see now that anyone can come and go from this country at will. All they have to do is use the same roads our oil industry has run through places like your property. I am sure not only drug dealers and smugglers are taking these roads, but terrorists as well, are entering through these same routes.

Anyway, this story was passed onto me from a big activist group in the southern parts of the USA who have taken interest in your story. I felt your story needed to be spread. While our government lies and says the border is safe, people like you and your family know first hand the lies we are all being told. Hopefully you will continue to post here and help us all stop this madness before we not only lose our homes but our country.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Banned

more is needed

I have been calling for more rights to be granted by border states to landowners and ranchers along the border. Current border patrol even with nation guard backup is sketchy at best. Landowners need to be allowed to use whatever means to protect their property. Too many fences and equipment is being distroyed on ranches along the border. Illegals crossing tear up the fences and in many cases have distroyed water supply and farm equipment. Worse case senaros are when direct confruntations occur with the land owners and drug runners or illegals. What needs to be done is to give ranchers the right to protect not only themselves but the land they are on. If this is a drug war then we need to fight it as such. Old saying is ya don't bring a knife to a gunfight. We need to let the ranchers do what is needed to make their lands secure and safe. If they move out then the cartels and illegals win.

Thanks

Thanks Big Tex. There is some effort for legislation to indemnify ranchers north of the border from things like illegals dying I think right now landowners are indemnified within 25 miles of the border. But, clearly the problem spreads to ranches very far north. They even have problems in Victoria! There are a lot of camp grounds up there on ranches with trash, etc. It's where they get people stashed, I suppose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast