Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oprah may have jumped on his band waggon but I jumped off her show. I don't even think about turning it on any more. Some things are just not fit for TV and have turned me off.

Too many Scientologist floating around in her circle for my comfort and now there are Marxist.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I still remember when I worked for Southwest airlines that I heard stories that every time Oprah flew in first class on American Airlines, she demanded only black flight attendants serve her in first class. She wouldn't allow any other race (and most importantly did not want any whites serving her). That turned me off to her back then.

She's a hypocrite! I just think it's extremely hard to not form an ego and think you're God when you have millions of people adoring you for years and having the kind of money she has. To me, she does not seem humble. It seems like a fake humble at this point. In the beginning it probably was real, but not now. She's too far apart from the average American now to really understand anymore, regardless of her beginnings.

I have also heard that celebrities that started out poor have the hardest time dealing with fame, fortune, and "keeping it real" (e.g. keeping their over-inflated egos in check), than celebrities who either grew up middle class or rich.

TexasGal

A few years back there was a trial with Opera and some beef producers that sued her, I think in Texas. She travels with a personal staff, cook,hairdersser,doctor(s) evary kind of assistant you can think off.
    When she did her show in the small town where the trial was her staff numbered 350 folks. She must now travel by private jet.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Oprah may have jumped on his band waggon but I jumped off her show. I don't even think about turning it on any more. Some things are just not fit for TV and have turned me off.

Too many Scientologist floating around in her circle for my comfort and now there are Marxist.

Dixie
    Oprah has changed over the years and it has not been for the better. I do not watch her show either.

I never liked her. I remember when she took out a one page ad in Variety thanking people for watching her in "The Color Purple", how she lobbied for that part! She had a massive ego back then too.

I still remember when I worked for Southwest airlines that I heard stories that every time Oprah flew in first class on American Airlines, she demanded only black flight attendants serve her in first class. She wouldn't allow any other race (and most importantly did not want any whites serving her). That turned me off to her back then.
    What reason would she have to demand only black flight attendants serve her, unless it was to rub it in their faces that she was better than them? Typical Oprah.
    "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12