Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Whither That $4.4 Billion for Border Security?

Whither that $4.4 Billion for Border Security, Mr. President?

By John W. Lillpop

When the United States Senate was considering that legislative abomination known as S1639 last month, President Bush attempted to persuade senators to vote for the bill by proposing to commit an additional $4.4 billion dollars of taxpayer money to border security.

Even for a free spending politician like GW Bush, $4.4 billion is a huge sum of money. Therefore, one would assume that the president proposed spending those billions because he was convinced that U.S. homeland security and the well being of the American people were at risk because of flaws in border security.

If that is indeed the case, and if $4.4 billion is needed to secure our borders, then the fact that S1639 ultimately failed is completely irrelevant.

Either the borders are secure, or they are not. Either borders are a homeland security issue, or they are not.

If the borders are secure and not a threat to homeland security, then why in the world did Bush propose spending $4.4 billion dollars on a non-problem?

If, on the other hand, lack of border security is a legitimate threat to the American people, then why in the world is America's war on terror CEO not campaigning 24/7 for legislation and funding to fix those border flaws?

Why is securing the border not the single greatest priority on the Bush agenda these days?

Granting amnesty to 12-30 million illegal aliens will not impact border security one whit, except to encourage scores of millions of additional third-world peasants to head north. And that would only exacerbate the problem.

The big question: Where are those $4.4 billion dollars, Mr. President, and when will your administration finally take border security and rule of law seriously?

John Lillpop is a recovering liberal.

This is the thing about border security; everyone IS playing politics with it.

I can post just 1 link "just 1" with a little explanation as to why having the border open posses a REAL security threat.

And yeah!!! It’s that good, and the information on the link is pretty well self explanatory.

And yes, I did send it to the fbi,cia, and dod intelligence.

Bush has not given the money for the 700 miles of fence that he promised last year. We have 13 miles of it built and that is on the wrong side of the border so we need to tear it down and rebuild it.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    Bush has not given the money for the 700 miles of fence that he promised last year. We have 13 miles of it built and that is on the wrong side of the border so we need to tear it down and rebuild it.
    Paige, are you saying that the part of the fence that is built is on the Mexican side of the border?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

yep 13 miles of it.
    -- John Wayne</div>

-- John Wayne</div>

When Pres. Bush did not close the borders, and begin deportations on 9/12 - I knew he wasn't serious about any terrorists.

I am sorry if that upsets any who still believes this Pres. is actually concerned about terrorists - but there is no way that would not be his first action. We should have had NG troops at arm's length along that border within hours. Immigration should begin rounding up illegals within hours.

That $4.4B was pork - it was monies he was promising lawmakers in exchange for their votes. Oh, he could have made it look like border security - but it was porkk.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    yep 13 miles of it.
    I say to hell with Mexico--tell the idiots that we intend to leave the fence where it is and also plan to build an additional 2,000 miles of fencing to boot.

If they don't like it, then let them keep their GD garbage out of America!

MW
    Paige wrote:

That's not what the source you provided stated, Paige.

Exceprt:

COLUMBUS, N.M. -- The 1.5-mile barrier along the U.S.-Mexico border was designed to keep cars from illegally crossing into the United States. There's just one problem: It was accidentally built on Mexican soil. Now embarrassed border officials say the mistake could cost the federal government more than $3 million to fix.

The barrier was part of more than 15 miles of border fence built in 2000, stretching from the town of Columbus to an onion farm and cattle ranch.
    It would appear that a 1.5 mile barrier that was built in 2000 is on the wrong side of the border.

My intent was not to draw attention to your error (Lord knows I make plenty of them), Paige. However, I feel it's important that the facts be accurate.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree with trixie, the 4.4 Billion was a bribe, pure and simple.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast