Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBob
    A lot of conserviate voters who care about the continuing crisis of illegal immigration here in California are making the decision to NOT VOTE the gubernatorial section of our ballots this year.
    That's a mistake, they need to vote for Chelene Nightengale.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I Agree

vote for Chelene Nightengale!

At least we know where she comes from and that she is NOT on the side of Illegals!

Ken
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Acebackwords
    Still I'll probably vote for her.
    OK, but she is doing most of her campaigning in Spanish these days so remember that "Nutmeg" is nuez moscada molida moscada.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBob
    Still I'll probably vote for her.
    OK, but she is doing most of her campaigning in Spanish these days so remember that "Nutmeg" is nuez moscada molida moscada.
    I should clarify. I'm not voting FOR Meg Whitman but AGAINST the Democrats. I want to crush as many as the Dems as I can in November. And its going to be a bloodbath. For them. We'll deal with the RINOs later.

I should clarify. I'm not voting FOR Meg Whitman but AGAINST the Democrats. I want to crush as many as the Dems as I can in November. And its going to be a bloodbath. For them. We'll deal with the RINOs later.
    I respect your position. Here is a news article from a recent issue of the San Francisco Chronicle that explains mine. (I did the underlininig for emphasis. It wasn't in the story.) This is how some of us plan to deal with RINOs.

Whitman's jab at Poizner may cost GOP votes

(08-05) SAN FRANCISCO -- The California Republican Party, already challenged to win key races this year in a blue-leaning state, has a new problem to deal with: The two GOP gubernatorial primary candidates are still tangling two months later.

Meg Whitman's recent attacks on Steve Poizner, who lost the primary, could cost her the support of his backers, some GOP officials say, when she needs every Republican vote and many of the state's independent voters to beat Democrat Jerry Brown in November.

On Wednesday, former eBay CEO Whitman took to the airwaves in Southern California and again jabbed at Poizner, suggesting the state insurance commissioner refused Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's request last year that state officers put their employees on unpaid leave as part of a plan to cut expenses during the budget crisis.

In her interview with KFI radio station hosts John and Ken, Whitman also said Poizner spent more than $30 million to attack her during the primary campaign.

Terse response

Whitman's pointed remarks prompted Poizner, who has maintained silence since the primary, to issue a terse response. He said Whitman "apparently hasn't gotten the memo that the primary is over," adding that she is "still misrepresenting my track record."

In an e-mail to The Chronicle, Poizner said: "I opposed furloughs for the Department of Insurance because my team and I had completed a top-down review years ago - and I successfully cut operating expenses permanently by 15 percent."

Conservative Republicans in California, where Democrats hold a 14 percent voter advantage over GOP voters, are watching the set-to with concern. Some say the continued tensions suggest Whitman hasn't sufficiently reached out to Poizner to get his support - and his supporters.

"Since the John and Ken interview, I have gotten more e-mails and phone calls from people who are just furious about numerous things that were said," said Mike Spence, a conservative activist and state Republican Party official. "They're telling me that they're not going to vote for anyone. Or they'll vote third-party."

Spence said there is no upside for Whitman to be criticizing a former GOP candidate, adding that "we need a consistent message that articulates the common-sense conservative approach."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z0vqMkAAtZ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12