Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Who Won the First Republican Presidential Debate?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

In an imperfect world, Trump and Fiorina are looking like a solid ticket.

I'm sorry that Scott Walker doesn't seem more animated.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

Fiorina and Trump would never get along. She's already dissed him over Megyn Kelly fiasco.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by vistalad View Post
    In an imperfect world, Trump and Fiorina are looking like a solid ticket.

I'm sorry that Scott Walker doesn't seem more animated.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade
    It would be a very "imperfect world" for us since they are both amnesty supporters!

There is still plenty of time for Walker to improve on his presentation.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    It would be a very "imperfect world" for us since they are both amnesty supporters!

There is still plenty of time for Walker to improve on his presentation.
    Well, here's Trump's actual statement on the subject, which isn't amnesty. I don't agree with the re-entry part of it and Congress would probably never approve it, but in any event, it's a far better situation than we have now because he's committed to deporting all illegal aliens, mass deportations, first candidate to ever use the language or commit to getting it done. I don't think there's any American with 2 live brain cells still connected who doesn't believe if Trump wants to get illegal aliens out of the United States that he won't achieve that. After all, all he has to do is acknowledge and authorize local and state law enforcement to do it.

To solve this problem starts with someone who actually wants to solve it, and so far Trump is the only candidate who actually wants to do that and has been clear on that for years. He also has the skills and management capability to achieve it.

Trump's immigration plan: Deport the undocumented, 'legal status' for some

By Jeremy Diamond, CNN

Updated 8:48 AM ET, Thu July 30, 2015
    | Video Source: CNN

Story highlights

Donald Trump lays out his immigration policy
    Trump would not say how he would locate, round up and deport the 11 million undocumented immigrants

(CNN)Donald Trump, the Republican presidential hopeful who shot up to the head of the pack over his controversial comments about illegal immigrants, is finally starting to lay out an immigration policy.

Trump said Wednesday in an interview with CNN's Dana Bash that as president he would deport all undocumented immigrants and then allow the "good ones" to reenter the country through an "expedited process" and live in the U.S. legally, though not as citizens.

"Legal status," Trump suggested. "We got to move 'em out, we're going to move 'em back in if they're really good people."

For a blustering candidate whose rhetoric has snatched headlines and galvanized a sizable segment of the Republican base, Trump's comments Wednesday represent his most detailed explanation into what he would do with the estimated 11-plus million immigrants living in the U.S. illegally.

What voters like about Donald Trump

He had previously suggested that he favors a "merit-based system," but did not delve into his support of granting legal status, but not citizenship to undocumented immigrants he calls "the good ones."

But Trump is still a long ways from presenting a specific immigration policy platform and his explanation in Wednesday's interview shows a candidate who -- despite leading in the polls a week ahead of the first primary debate -- is still largely dealing in broad strokes.

Trump would not say how he would locate, round up and deport the 11 million undocumented immigrants he says must go. Instead, he deflected, saying that while it may be a task too tall for politicians, it isn't for a business mogul like himself.

"Politicians aren't going to find them because they have no clue. We will find them, we will get them out," Trump said. "It's feasible if you know how to manage. Politicians don't know how to manage."

And when asked about whether he would deport undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children, Trump fumbled and said, unsure, that "it's a tough situation" and "it depends."

Trump was unequivocal, though, that a Trump administration would immediately deport undocumented criminals living freely and in American jails.

"We have a lot of bad dudes, as I said. We have a lot of really bad people here," Trump said. "I want to get the bad ones out...And by the way, they're never coming back."

Trump: San Francisco killing shows perils of illegal immigration

But he was also unwavering in his insistence that many of the undocumented immigrants in the U.S. are positive additions to the country and should be allowed to live in the U.S. legally -- of course, only after being expelled and then brought back in through Trump's "expedited process" for legal status.

"We have to make sure they were exemplary, they were wonderful people when they were here. They worked hard, there was no problem," he said. "We have to bring great people into this country. OK? And I want to bring -- I love the idea of immigration. But it's got to be legal immigration."

Opinion: Donald Trump burns GOP bridge to Latinos

Health care

Trump also didn't delve into details when asked about his position on health care, which has changed over the years.

Trump once supported the liberal plan to create a national, single-payer health care system similar to the one in Canada, a position he explained in his 2000 book "The America We Deserve."

But as a Republican presidential candidate, Trump's plan is now simpler: Repeal Obamacare.

And then? "Replace with something terrific," Trump said, explaining that the "terrific" would be handled by private companies competing in the private market.

But Trump suggested an alternative system for lower-income individuals -- describing what, in the broad strokes, appears to sound similar to Medicaid.

"I want to try to help those people. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but I want to try and help those people," Trump said. "And you know what, if I lose votes over that, or if I don't get a nomination over that, that's just fine with me."

So what exactly is Donald Trump's economic policy?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/politi...are-flip-flop/

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    rump said Wednesday in an interview with CNN's Dana Bash that as president he would deport all undocumented immigrants and then allow the "good ones" to reenter the country through an "expedited process" and live in the U.S. legally, though not as citizens.

"Legal status," Trump suggested. "We got to move 'em out, we're going to move 'em back in if they're really good people."
    Come on Judy, you've been around the game long enough to know that what is being described above is amnesty. We've discussed this here before. The plan he is promoting sounds very much like the old touch back plan that was proposed by Sen. Kyle a decade ago. Furthermore, expediting their return places them in front of the line, not at the back! Rewarding any illegal with a path to legalization is amnesty. Sending them home and then directly bringing them back is nothing more than an amnesty shell game! I'm not buying it and neither should you.

Last edited by MW; 08-09-2015 at 11:07 AM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Come on Judy, you've been around the game long enough to know that what is being described above is amnesty. We've discussed this here before. The plan he is promoting sounds very much like the old touch back plan that was proposed by Sen. Kyle a decade ago. Furthermore, expediting their return places them in front of the line, not at the back! Rewarding any illegal with a path to legalization is amnesty. Sending them home and then directly bringing them back is nothing more than an amnesty shell game! I'm not buying it and neither should you.
    He isn't saying bring them all back. He's saying bring some back, probably some of the visa overstays, and he would still need approval from Congress to do that. He didn't say anything about putting them at the front of the line. He mentioned an expedited plan to bring some back. Personally, I think once they're out, no one, Trump, any other President or Congress will allow a re-entry because most Americans want at least a 10 year moratorium on all new immigration.

Furthermore, I already stated I don't agree with any re-entry so don't come after me for positions I don't hold. I know you prefer Walker and that's fine. I have no intention of voting for Trump at this point, because of his social views, so unless he signs on to the FairTax which might give me a change of heart and supports gay marriage and women's rights to terminate an unwanted pregnancy, then I'll be voting for someone else who does. That said, of all the Republican candidates, Trump is the best candidate so far for those who don't object to restrictions on gays and women and who don't support the FairTax.

By comparison, here is Walker's statement at the debate:

But Walker said he doesn’t believe in amnesty.

“I look at the problems we’ve experienced for the last few years. I’ve talked to governors on the border and others out there. I’ve talked to people all across America. And the concerns I have is that we need to secure the border. We ultimately need to put in place a system that works — a legal immigration system that works. And part of doing this is put the onus on employers, getting them E-Verify and tools to do that. But I don’t think you do it through amnesty,” Walker said.

http://fox6now.com/2015/08/06/gop-de...oreign-policy/
    E-Verify. Legal immigration system that works. Onus on employers.

Really? Where's the deportation to get them out? There's 20 million or probably 30 million in the country now and only 8 million have jobs. Yes, E-verify can help stop illegal employment of the 8 million but by itself it won't evict the 20 million to 30 million out of the country. You really think a guy who only realized 4 months ago we have an illegal immigration problem will deport illegal aliens?

Walker isn't running for President to go after illegal aliens. He's running for President to go after what few unions we have left like the federal teacher's union, public service unions, federal and state workers unions and the Teamsters and the AFL-CIO and the US Steel Workers and the UAW and IBEC.

He wants a "legal immigration system that works", which means he wants a system that legally allows the entry of any foreign worker or person who wants to come here, because the only thing broken about our current legal immigration system are the tens of millions of illegal aliens who break current US immigration law and are rewarded for doing so.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    He isn't saying bring them all back. He's saying bring some back, probably some of the visa overstays, and he would still need approval from Congress to do that. He didn't say anything about putting them at the front of the line. He mentioned an expedited plan to bring some back. Personally, I think once they're out, no one, Trump, any other President or Congress will allow a re-entry because most Americans want at least a 10 year moratorium on all new immigration.

Furthermore, I already stated I don't agree with any re-entry so don't come after me for positions I don't hold. I know you prefer Walker and that's fine. I have no intention of voting for Trump at this point, because of his social views, so unless he signs on to the FairTax which might give me a change of heart and supports gay marriage and women's rights to terminate an unwanted pregnancy, then I'll be voting for someone else who does. That said, of all the Republican candidates, Trump is the best candidate so far for those who don't object to restrictions on gays and women and who don't support the FairTax.
    Wow, that sure is a lot of speculating. Oh, and expediting their return is "putting them in front of the line."

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    By comparison, here is Walker's statement at the debate:

E-Verify. Legal immigration system that works. Onus on employers.

Really? Where's the deportation to get them out? There's 20 million or probably 30 million in the country now and only 8 million have jobs. Yes, E-verify can help stop illegal employment of the 8 million but by itself it won't evict the 20 million to 30 million out of the country. You really think a guy who only realized 4 months ago we have an illegal immigration problem will deport illegal aliens?

Walker isn't running for President to go after illegal aliens. He's running for President to go after what few unions we have left like the federal teacher's union, public service unions, federal and state workers unions and the Teamsters and the AFL-CIO and the US Steel Workers and the UAW and IBEC.

He wants a "legal immigration system that works", which means he wants a system that legally allows the entry of any foreign worker or person who wants to come here, because the only thing broken about our current legal immigration system are the tens of millions of illegal aliens who break current US immigration law and are rewarded for doing so.
    "He wants a "legal immigration system that works", which means he wants a system that legally allows the entry of any foreign worker or person who wants to come here, because the only thing broken about our current legal immigration system are the tens of millions of illegal aliens who break current US immigration law and are rewarded for doing so."

Now you're putting words in his mouth and speculating again. Wanting a legal immigration system that works does not necessarily mean wanting a system that allows anyone that wants to come here the ability to do so! What it means to me is the supporting of a system that is actually based on our law instead of all the illegality the current administration is allowing. Twisting the meaning of the candidates words to suit your own perception is not very helpful (IMO) ....... Well, not unless you've got a crystal ball at your disposal.

"He wants a "legal immigration system that works", which means he wants a system that legally allows the entry of any foreign worker or person who wants to come here, because the only thing broken about our current legal immigration system are the tens of millions of illegal aliens who break current US immigration law and are rewarded for doing so."

Now you're putting words in his mouth and speculating again. Wanting a legal immigration system that works does not necessarily mean wanting a system that allows anyone that wants to come here the ability to do so! What it means to me is the supporting of a system that is actually based on our law instead of all the illegality the current administration is allowing. Twisting the meaning of the candidates words to suit your own perception is not very helpful (IMO) ....... Well, not unless you've got a crystal ball at your disposal.
    No, I'm not putting words in his mouth at all. I'm telling you my opinion of what his words "a legal immigration system that works" means to me. Take it or leave it. You've been around this game long enough to know that when their solution to illegal immigration is to have a "legal immigration system that works" means they're just exchanging illegal aliens for more legal aliens. Or, haven't you been paying attention to the demand for more legal immigrants and the illegal alien promoters saying well if we had more legal immigrants we wouldn't have to hire illegal aliens?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast