Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DJ
    I have a feeling that we see lots of government jobs having been created--and very few jobs in the private sector. Obama has made little effort to help small businesses--and that is what we really need. But then, why would he? He wants government control of our lives rather than such examples of capitalism.

Bigtex you are right as usual. His flipflops, and pandering,are so amaturish.
    IF WE AMERICANS HAD THE POWER,WHAT A NATION WE COULD HAVE AGAIN! LIKE THE 40s,50s,60s.

Banned

Re: Why the focus on healthcare rather than jobs??

Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    Now we see great enthusiasm from Obama on job creation! Why did he not show that interest when first elected? I have pondered this question, and this is that I've come up with. What do you think?

Since pushing through universal health care was his MAIN goal, it was in his best interest to let unemployment numbers get higher and higher. Afterall, unemployed people are frightened--and he thought they could be manipulated into signing on to Obamacare more easily than if they had been employed and paying their bills. Now, of course, the American people have rejected this healthcare monster even though there are so many out of work. They still don't want Big Brother taking care of them! Thus, he has no choice. In order to try to regain any semblance of support, he will behave as if generating jobs is his most important goal. Interesting!!
    Thats been the million dollar question for me over the past year. Let me explain why I think that they did this..... The DEMOCRATS entire agenda Is focused one ONE THING.... Getting amnesty for 20 million Illegal aliens,and turning them Into DEMOCRATIC voters. Everything that they do Is geared towards this goal. Why do you think that the DEMS kept blocking measures offered as amendments to the healthcare bill that would exempt ILLEGALS from participating In health care reform?.... Their whole grand plan Is now In serious jepordy because of BROWNS WIN In Massachusetts. They could have forced the health care bill through,whether or not there were prohibitions keeping Illegals from benefitting from health care reform,and then RAM AN AMNESTY through effectively making It a moot point whether or not Illegals were covered under their health bill,because now they would be covered as U.S Citizens.... The U.S. Census has also been manipulated by the DEMOCRATS to encourage ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS to participate,even though they should not be Included. There entire agenda revolves around making ILLEGALS U.S Citizens so that they and their offspring will become permanent DEMOCRATIC VOTERS In the future. They do not care If American citizens have jobs. The only thing they care about Is ETERNAL POWER. This Is why they continually Ignore our wishes,even though they KNOW where we stand on these Issues..... They will focus on jobs now because not only Is their health care plan dead,their plan to give Amnesty to Illegals Is D.O.A forever In my opinion... TS

April
    The thing is Obama got a list from his masters of what he is supposed to do and in what order and he still trying to shove these travestys down our throat and we just ain't going for it.................he and his masters underestimated Americans and their will to remain free.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Quote Originally Posted by vistalad
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    I would add one more point. Obama can't create private sector jobs without reversing illegal immigration and free trade policies.
    During one of his town hall meetings, 'Bama said that we can't get those manufacturing jobs back, because others can do them more cheaply.

In a letter to Obama dated Dec. 9, 2009, the Congressional Black Caucus called fpr job creation and job training, and funding for small businesses, with the money to be directed to "American citizens." This is first time that I've seen a black organization abandon the rainbow coalition fantasy and focus on what's been stating them in the face for years. Here's a link to a PDF of the letter: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/image ... .obama.pdf

If 'Bama agrees to help the poortest Americans, he'll lose the support of the illegals advocates in his own party. Gotta love watching him being caught on the horns of this dilemma.
    That's true. Democrats need to weed out "illegals advocates" from their party. People who advocate for illegals aren't interested in the security of the United States or the sustainability of American Citizens or the required viability and prosperity of American Businesses who employ them. Same is true for any "illegals advocates" in the Republican Party. Weed them out, America, cull them all out of our political process in 2010. Only support candidates who want to:

1. stop illegal immigration
    2. pass the FairTax
    3. protect our trade

Give all the other candidates and incumbents their walking papers back to their districts to look for a full-time job in the private sector off our dole. I'd like to send them to the back of a soup line for the years of treason and stupidity embedded in their disservice to the people of the United States and the harm they've caused our country, but I'll be happy with just getting them out of the Congress and State Governments for now so they cause no more harm to US.
    And dont forget to clean the illegal advocates out of the trade unions. There are illegals holding positions within the staff of the unions. These people need to be weeded out. They advocate for illegals and against the American worker. CLEAN THEM OUT.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    Now we see great enthusiasm from Obama on job creation! Why did he not show that interest when first elected? I have pondered this question, and this is that I've come up with. What do you think?

Since pushing through universal health care was his MAIN goal, it was in his best interest to let unemployment numbers get higher and higher. Afterall, unemployed people are frightened--and he thought they could be manipulated into signing on to Obamacare more easily than if they had been employed and paying their bills. Now, of course, the American people have rejected this healthcare monster even though there are so many out of work. They still don't want Big Brother taking care of them! Thus, he has no choice. In order to try to regain any semblance of support, he will behave as if generating jobs is his most important goal. Interesting!!
    Thats been the million dollar question for me over the past year. Let me explain why I think that they did this..... The DEMOCRATS entire agenda Is focused one ONE THING.... Getting amnesty for 20 million Illegal aliens,and turning them Into DEMOCRATIC voters. Everything that they do Is geared towards this goal. Why do you think that the DEMS kept blocking measures offered as amendments to the healthcare bill that would exempt ILLEGALS from participating In health care reform?.... Their whole grand plan Is now In serious jepordy because of BROWNS WIN In Massachusetts. They could have forced the health care bill through,whether or not there were prohibitions keeping Illegals from benefitting from health care reform,and then RAM AN AMNESTY through effectively making It a moot point whether or not Illegals were covered under their health bill,because now they would be covered as U.S Citizens.... The U.S. Census has also been manipulated by the DEMOCRATS to encourage ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS to participate,even though they should not be Included. There entire agenda revolves around making ILLEGALS U.S Citizens so that they and their offspring will become permanent DEMOCRATIC VOTERS In the future. They do not care If American citizens have jobs. The only thing they care about Is ETERNAL POWER. This Is why they continually Ignore our wishes,even though they KNOW where we stand on these Issues..... They will focus on jobs now because not only Is their health care plan dead,their plan to give Amnesty to Illegals Is D.O.A forever In my opinion... TS
    ELYRIA, Ohio—President Barack Obama tried to relaunch his political agenda Friday with a populist attack on banks and insurance companies that signaled he would fight for his priorities going into the fall elections rather than give ground to Republicans on key issues.

Mr. Obama's campaign-style speech here capped one of the most bruising weeks of his year in office. The president traveled to this swing-state manufacturing town ostensibly to deliver a speech about jobs and the economy, but instead he repeatedly veered off-script to interject pledges to battle his political foes over health care and other issues "so long as I have breath in me."

Mr. Obama also took more jabs at Wall Street, despite continued signs of investor jitters Friday stemming from his proposal to impose levies on big banks. His voice rising, Mr. Obama defended the plan he announced Thursday as a way "to repay taxpayers in full for saving [banks'] skins in a time of need," and then delivered a line that got the day's biggest applause: "We want our money back. We want our money back! And we're going to get your money back—every dime, each and every dime."

As Mr. Obama spoke, the Dow Jones Industrial Average accelerated its decline, headed toward a loss of more than 200 points for the day. Analysts have attributed the blue chip stock index's decline this past week to factors including the administration's bank proposal, worries about the latest rise in jobless claims and uncertainty surrounding Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's chances for reconfirmation. Mr. Bernanke's term expires in less than two weeks.

Mr. Obama said he would continue to push for an overhaul of the health-care system, even as House and Senate Democrats appeared ready to retreat on the issue after Massachusetts Republican Scott Brown won the U.S. Senate seat formerly held by the late Edward Kennedy—giving the GOP enough Senate votes to block any legislation. Mr. Obama didn't say, though, how he might convince Republicans and wavering Democrats to back a health-care plan considered even by his allies to be an uphill climb.

"I'm not going to watch more people get crushed by costs or denied care they need by insurance-company bureaucrats," the president said. "I'm not going to have the insurance companies click their heels and watch their stocks skyrocket, because once again there's no control on what they do."

Those remarks followed a litany of more politically popular efforts to aid Ohio through the $787 billion federal economic-stimulus package, rein in credit-card interest rates and provide equal wages for women. The president's visit consisted of a day-long tour of manufacturers and a town-hall meeting.

The White House's stated goal in putting the spotlight on Elyria was to highlight administration efforts to spur job creation in a region hard hit by the loss of manufacturing jobs. But Mr. Obama's appearance coincided with new state figures showing Ohio's jobless rate climbed last month to 10.9%, from 10.6% in November, nearly a full point higher than the national average. National figures released Thursday showed a jump in the number of Americans who applied for jobless benefits, with claims rising 36,000 to 482,000 last week, the third straight week claims increased. Analysts had expected new claims to slip to 440,000.

House Republican leader John Boehner of Ohio hammered hard on the unemployment issue in a statement on Mr. Obama's appearance.

"When he last visited Elyria, candidate Obama promised that as president he would enact a 'job creation agenda.' Yet for the past year, Ohioans have watched anxiously as Washington Democrats, with the approval of President Obama, have pushed a job-killing agenda," Mr. Boehner said.

Mr. Obama's turn toward populist rhetoric—mirroring in some ways the anger of the conservative populist movement that has helped to stall his agenda—carries risks. The stock market sell-off represents one of them: that business leaders wary of the administration's policies would be reluctant to invest in job-creating enterprises.

Moreover, Mr. Obama's display of anger with big financial institutions and insurers may not reassure voters who are dubious about his proposed solutions to the country's economic problems. That difficulty was evident from comments by Ohioans on Friday.

"I think his intentions are right, and the programs are wrong," said Wendell Brown, who manages an auto dealership in Elyria. Bashing banks and special interests works, Mr. Brown said, because "Everyone here is affected by job losses—I think you can't help but get fired up, but at the same time I didn't get any real clear, definite answer on what he's going to do to restore jobs."

Others were supportive of Mr. Obama's efforts. "He's going to make those who took excess money accountable," said Jennifer Streza-Ebenger, a retired teacher who lives in the city of Lorain. "He's a good guy, a good leader, and he knows what's happening in our county and in our state."
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB2000142 ... 30836.html

DJ
    "The only thing they care about Is ETERNAL POWER. This Is why they continually Ignore our wishes,even though they KNOW where we stand on these Issues..... They will focus on jobs now because not only Is their health care plan dead,their plan to give Amnesty to Illegals Is D.O.A forever In my opinion.."

I certainly agree with you on that. Actually, it is interesting to see them twist in the wind these days. If they don't push for amnesty, they will alienate the hispanic activist groups. If they do, they endanger their own at election time. Pushing for jobs is an admission that Americans are unemployed--and that itself is a reason not to push for open borders! Interesting to watch!

Banned
    So what have Obama and Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi been doing for a year? Crafting a federal takeover of health care with a vast plan that provides coverage for the uninsured – most of whom are minorities – while sticking it to Medicare recipients, 80 percent to 90 percent of whom are white.

Immigrants are 21 percent of the uninsured, but only 7 percent of the population. This means white folks on Medicare or headed there will see benefits curtailed, while new arrivals from the Third World, whence almost all immigrants come, get taxpayer-subsidized health insurance. Any wonder why all those tea-party and town-hall protests seem to be made up of angry white folks?

Stop listening to the Wall Street Journal and start listening to forgotten Americans.
    An end to affirmative action and ethnic preferences, an end to bailouts of Wall Street bankers, a moratorium on immigration until unemployment falls to 6 percent, an industrial policy that creates jobs here and stops shipping them to China appear a winning hand in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    So what have Obama and Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi been doing for a year? Crafting a federal takeover of health care with a vast plan that provides coverage for the uninsured – most of whom are minorities – while sticking it to Medicare recipients, 80 percent to 90 percent of whom are white.

Immigrants are 21 percent of the uninsured, but only 7 percent of the population. This means white folks on Medicare or headed there will see benefits curtailed, while new arrivals from the Third World, whence almost all immigrants come, get taxpayer-subsidized health insurance. Any wonder why all those tea-party and town-hall protests seem to be made up of angry white folks?

Stop listening to the Wall Street Journal and start listening to forgotten Americans.
    An end to affirmative action and ethnic preferences, an end to bailouts of Wall Street bankers, a moratorium on immigration until unemployment falls to 6 percent, an industrial policy that creates jobs here and stops shipping them to China appear a winning hand in 2012.
    I agree with everything you said except that the immigration moratorium should not end at a 6%^ unemployment rate. Why should we let in immigrants if 6% of Americans are unemployed? I say the moratorium should last until the unemployment rate among American citizens is.....0%.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DJ
    I agree, Topsecret. I happen to be in the category you are talking about: white and the age for Medicare--although in my case, I am still working out of choice. It's really very basic to me: REWARD people who work hard rather than those who don't! Making choices of who gets screwed based on age and category is one way to insure a social revolution in this country.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast