Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why no border fence updates?

Why cant we have an open government that gives us updates, pictures of the border fence construction?

Also what happened to the two citizen fence construction projects - both seem dead, with no update in months. No response to emails either.

Border Fence Update

Lou Dobbs had somewhat of an update. There are some homeowners in Texas that don't want their land used for the fence. So, homeland insecurity is taking them to court.

Congress.

Duncan Hunter after he got out of the Pres. deal says he is working on a bill to roll back the RINO R Hutchison of Tx's deal to slow the fence and allow the land owners to stall, he will get it done too, then the Senate,
    and push it to Bush and just see if he will veto it in an election year,
    if he does, the last straw, done put a fork in him.

Banned
    Updates are available all the time on the American Patrol website

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Updates are available all the time on the American Patrol website
    Some good updates there - best I've seen

But I'd love to see more details of the official border fence, how it is constructed, why is it effective vs. other fence type....and just good old pictures to know my tax dollars are actually building something.

Re: Border Fence Update

Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
    Lou Dobbs had somewhat of an update. There are some homeowners in Texas that don't want their land used for the fence. So, homeland insecurity is taking them to court.
    They should build the fence in the shape of a funnel forceing them all onto there land.. All the environmental damage on there land will need to be addressed by the owners though.
    Life is a ***** dont vote for one.

Just recieved this from FAIR:

House Members Take Steps to Restore Secure Fence Act
    During the week, pressure mounted on Capitol Hill to undo Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison's (R-TX) amendment to the FY08 Omnibus Appropriations Bill and the changes it made to the Secure Fence Act. In one week alone, two bills seeking to restore the Secure Fence Act have been introduced and a third is expected within days.

On Wednesday, Congressman Jim Marshall (D-GA) introduced H.R.4960, entitled the Immigration Law Corrections Act of 2008. This bill would, among other things, delete the Hutchison language from the FY08 Omnibus Appropriations Bill that grants Homeland Security discretion not to build fencing in a location if the Secretary determines that fencing is not the most appropriate means to achieve and maintain operational control over the border at such location.

On Thursday, Congressmen Walter Jones (R-NC) and Peter King (R-NY) introduced H.R.4987, entitled the Fence by Date Certain Act. This bill completely rewrites the Hutchison language to provide for the construction of two-layered fencing over 700 miles of the southwest border. The language sets forth four specific segments where fencing must be built by May 30, 2008 plus a fifth segment that must be built by December 31, 2008. In a statement announcing the new bill, Congressman Jones said, "There can be no more delay. Now is the time to build the fence - with American materials and American hands"

Finally, FAIR has learned that Congressman Duncan Hunter (R-CA) within days intends to introduce a bill that would address the border fence. The bill, entitled the Reinstatement of the Secure Fence Act, would rewrite the Hutchison Amendment by deleting the consultation language, repealing the paragraph granting DHS discretion to not build in particular locations, and clarifying that the 700 miles of fencing must be two-layered. Commenting on his new bill, Congressman Hunter told FAIR, "Eliminating the double fence mandate enacted under the Secure Fence Act is a prescription for failure that will only allow our Southern border to remain vulnerable to drug and human smugglers, criminals and terrorists. My legislation will rightly reinstate the mandates of the Secure Fence Act and, as a result, deliver a much needed element of security to our border with Mexico."
    Bring back the Rotary Phone so we dont have to pressÂ*1 forÂ*English...Â*

I got that too - I hope Duncan Hunters gets passed.

I hope we build the remaining part of the 700 miles quickly, see it works then finish it along the entire border.

What Im really looking for is some good pictures - DHS could give us those if they wanted - I think it would be positive to see what they are building. Why hide it?

Chertoff knows how to weld!?! I have more respect for this guy now. (assuming it wasnt staged)

http://blogs.chron.com/immigration/arch ... er%20fence

Few pictures I found on a google search. Perhaps Ill update this as I find more.

Source: http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms. ... ry_id=3557

%-----------------------------------------------------------

From this article, http://sweetness-light.com/archive/nyt- ... to-borders which is commenting on this article http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/20/us/20 ... ref=slogin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast