Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why pass a new bill

I have always thought that anyone stopped by the police and can't produce a valid ID should be taken in until they can. My daughter was arrested when she was stopped for a minor traffic violation because there was a warrant for her arrest. Another girl had given my daughter's name when she was ticketed for trespass and some other minor infraction. I know this happens all the time and you just can't imagine the hoops my daughter had to jump through to straighten this out. If a person has to produce proof of who they are, law enforcement could find out if they have warrants and whether or not they are in the country illegally. If they had done what they legally could do, there would have been no need to violate our federal laws.

Believe me, I strongly disagree and am totally embarrassed that my state has a bill that violates the constitution, but until the bill is repealed, I would at least like to have the true understanding of what they can do with it. So here are a couple of my questions...

I looked at the bill and I couldn't find anything that said they could stop someone unless the the officer believes they have violated another law on the books. Am I missing something?

Also, I have heard that a private citizen can sue an officer if they feel he or she is not enforcing the law and I can't find anything in the language of the bill that states that.

Banned
    Keep in mind that federal law says an ICE agent can at any time WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE question ANYONE about their immigration status.

NOTHING prevents them from racial profiling , In fact it is an important part of police work.
    The pro illegal forces have glommed on to "profiling" just like they use "racism"

There is NOTHING that should prevent police from questioning any suspicious person or persons about their status to be in this country.

Welcome JaniceG. I also have looked at the bill and saw what you saw. So I do not understand the claims that it will divert resources from more serious endeavors. It's real simple - a short question during the investigation of a crime - it takes a few seconds to ask and then how long for the respondent to produce, the proper papers. I fail to understand the whining and crying and commiseration - many of our supposed allies have had stricter laws requiring proper papers of citizens ever since WWII - they never weakened their position. I myself must have a drivers license, car registration and proof of insurance every time I get in a car to go somewhere. I don't whine and cry about it. I know that is the law and if I cannot afford the proper papers and insurance I have no business driving.

I am not a constitutional lawyer. I do not believe this law violates the Constititution. People in other nations do not have protections under the Constitution of the United States. People who are here illegally also do not have protection under the US Constitution.

In my family there are people who get pulled over weekly for DWB. We still support SB1070. Perhaps if the illegal problem were resolved the DWB could stop? The racial profiling exists already sad to say but once this law is enacted I actually expect it to slow down if not cease altogether because SB1070 prohibits pulling somebody over for DWB. The law officers of the state will be reinforced that they can only pull over people who they are already actively seeking or who have just committed a traffic crime in front of them.

I am not in the least ashamed. Where I live few to none of the citizen teens are even bothering to look for jobs. We have churches in the vicinity who oppose the law but they are not helping any of the unemployed citizens to find one. I have a teen who is working in exchange for food. Seriously. We can only hope that he does get paid eventually so that he can afford things that he needs like shoes. We also hope that other people see him working and hire him for help here and there. He is a good honest compassionate boy without sticky fingers and that in itself is pretty rare these days. Slavery is becoming common place in the US due to this economy. Charity begins at home. We need to employ citizens first.

A private citizen can sue an officer in the case of any law not enforced. This is nothing new. It is only brought up by opponents to the law who are frantically seeking to stop it with everything they can think of. As a matter of fact there are police officers who have been punished for pulling family members over merely for DWB. That is racial profiling and it is against the law and will remain against the law despite passage of SB1070.

The only conclusion that I can come to is that the globalists wish for the US to be destroyed and that by fomenting a race war we will be prohibited from tackling our true problems which victimize people on both sides of the border - it is merely a diversion. I am not in the least bit ashamed to take them on. I am sorry for the illegals being useful idiot pawns in this matter and being betrayed by their leaders with the idiocy being disseminated to them. If you spend any time here I think you will begin to see it.

Also in a perverse way I am thankful. This issue, just as with the healthcare reform issue, has shown me that so many of our leaders in government and media are not to be trusted. They spout lies so they have made my confusion less and so I am less overwhelmed with information that is bogus and can focus on finding truth and answers.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    Keep in mind that federal law says an ICE agent can at any time WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE question ANYONE about their immigration status.

NOTHING prevents them from racial profiling , In fact it is an important part of police work.
    The pro illegal forces have glommed on to "profiling" just like they use "racism"

There is NOTHING that should prevent police from questioning any suspicious person or persons about their status to be in this country.
    RIGHT ON.

These fools make themselves look suspicious when they get nasty and violent at the fact that police are going to be asking for citizenship status.

If these people are as innocent as they claim than they should have no worry to prove their status and then move on.

They're just crying racism and getting nasty because most of the people protesting ARE CRIMINALS and they don't want to be exposed.
    Give me liberty or give me death!