Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This is why we sometimes fail locally...

A telling sentence in this article about a town considering changing the language in city contracts...(i.e. enforcing legal employment)

"Just one person spoke in support of Council Member Keith Brainard's proposal."
    http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=7759537&nav=0s3d

We have to be involved locally, we have to be members of our party, be on city committees, pay our dues, go to boring meetings, show up to city council citizen time. If we want change we have to get off the internet sometimes. The internet is a great place to learn and to be armed with info, but at the end of the day we have to be face-to-face with those who can enforce our laws.

This isnt directed at anyone specifically - just some motivation to start a local group or get involved in one if you arnt already.

Cheers.

Other than lobbyist, these counsel meetings may as well be held in ghost towns .

Last few I went to only about 6 citizens attended . The rest were contractors kissing up for the cty jobs and one woman wanting an elevator put in instaed of ramp to one flight of entrance stairs . She was too heavy to pull herself up the ramp !

I was more mad at the people who didn't come than the IMO 'crooks' who chaired the meeting .