Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why Your Votes Don't Count

As long as I count the votes, what are you going to do about it? — Bill "Boss" Tweed

Those who cast the votes decide nothing; those who count the votes decide everything. — Joseph Stalin

Let's say I want to marry your daughter — but you know that the only way I'd stand up for her is by walking into my closet, closing the door, and taking my "stand" inside.

Ridiculous??

Take a look in the mirror the next time you vote.

We vote by secret ballot in America. But you must admit that doing so hides all proof of your having voted at all. Neither you, nor anyone else in your community has any proof that you voted for this or that condidate. Consider! What if your Congressmen voted in the House and Senate by secret ballot? You see them on C-SPAN, casting furtive glances about, and pushing hidden buttons on the underside of their desks. Then, later, the results are just announced, "The Open Borders Bill passed, 350-100". How happy would you be with that?

Then why do you use it yourself?

America was born because of men who took a stand, in public, for all the world to see. That is how much courage & bravery it took to earn our Representative Government, our Constitution, and our Bill of Rights. Indeed, our own forefathers have told us this — "Land of the Free, home of the Brave."

(So, you see it's not just me telling you this, but your own forebears.)

In a freedom-hating world eternally hostile to liberty, the only way to sieze "rights" from the iron grasp of tyranny is to be as brave as the men who gave you that liberty so dearly purchased. And do you think cowering in a concealed voting booth, quaking with fear that the "big bad wolf" will find out your politics, counts as brave?

In short, what is tyranny? Why are the brutal Latin American regimes we all fear called "tyrannies"? Because, under them, men fear to express their politics. And what is secret ballot voting? It's acting like you're afraid to express your politics.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy — and nobody will ever see these words disproven. Nay, our borders will only be secured after laws are first passed making all voting be by open ballot (acclamation, voice vote, published votes where everybody's choices are listed publicly). Only then will the voice of We the People be heard.

If you think otherwise, how about this: prove me wrong.

Don't let your daughter marry a 'man who won't stand up for her — and don't act like that yourself either. Especially at the polling booths when you vote for Duncan Hunter.

Banned
    The secret ballot is a voting method in which a voter's choices are confidential. The key aim is to ensure the voter records a sincere choice by forestalling attempts to influence the voter by intimidation or bribery.

I disagree with the statement that secret ballot in America hides all proof
    I voted

Where are you finding/ geting this

can you please post a link

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    I disagree with the statement that secret ballot in America hides all proof
    I voted

Where are you finding/ geting this

can you please post a link

Let me focus on the physical. I'm a simple man, I only believe what I see with my eyes. You are all caught up in stuff going on in your head, you believe this, you assume that, you just "know" the other.

But me, I'm a simple man. "Seeing is believing". With this brutal, rigid, Ape-like, Cave-man style focus only on what's visible...

True or False, voting for you goes like this...

(1) You go to the polls
    (2) You drop a piece of paper in a box
    (3) Time passes
    (4) You're told who governs you...
    (5) ...and it's not who you wanted

The secret ballot is a voting method in which a voter's choices are confidential. The key aim is to ensure the voter records a sincere choice by forestalling attempts to influence the voter by intimidation or bribery.
    Let's say you are easily intimidated. Fine, so we protect your sensitivities. You cast a secret ballot.

But if you're so easy to influence, why is your ballot so much harder to influence?

You see? You have a hard time standing up to folks. You're easily intimidated. People can push you around face to face. Now, you furtively give somebody you don't know, in a secret back room, a piece of paper with your wish list on it... and now they'll take it seriously?

Common Sense says otherwise. If people will steal your money when its in your pocket, they'll certainly steal it if you leave it on a table several buildings away. They'll mug you when you're watching them, what will they do out of ear-shot??

Say they tell you Fred beat Joe, 55% to 45%. Them to you, their mouth to your ears.

Check them out. Prove it. Give me the list of names, show me the 55 neighbors of yours who voted for Fred, and the 45 who voted Joe.

You can't. You just have to take their word for it. You have to trust them, blindly trust "the system".

And with all that's happened all this time... you trust that??

If I ever did like that, I'd be mugged broke and mocked to boot. Now look at America... "Mugged broke and mocked" is basically what's happening...

hmm....

One thing nobody can deny: if all voting was done by mustering in a public place on voting day, and voting by acclamation in the light of the Sun, then everybody would know that who won the election really won, cause they'd see it w/ their OWN eyes.

But I don't want to frighten anyone. Pardon me if that proposition is too scarey to consider. Voting in public? Oh no! Somebody might see! Stop, you're all intimidating me! Stop, please stop!

IMO, that attitude is exactly why my "rights" were.

My final word on this:

It's possible to vote out in the open, publicly, before the eyes of all. This is called voting by "acclamation" (I think), but for sake of clarity, let me call it "Testosterone Voting" — as in, "I'm a Mongol warrior from the Central Asian steppes, you don't scare me, watch me vote, what are you gonna do??"

Conversely, you can vote in a hidden compartment, with the curtains drawn, "hiding" from the frightening eyes of the bogey man or whomever. Let me call this "Wuss Voting".

Here's reality right now (29-12-2007):

(1) Our borders are wide open (to drugs, crime, illegals)
    (2) We all vote like "Wusses" (by my brazen, even abrasive, definition)

If you can get past my choice of words, my whole "prophecy" boils down to this:

(3) It's gonna stay like this (as long as we vote like "Wusses", our borders will remain wide open)

That's ALL I'm "prophesying". The flipside of this is:

(3-B) It'll only change after we graduate to "Testosterone Voting" (only after we start voting in public, where every American can not only cast votes but also count them, will our borders get sealed)

In short:

Sealed ballot voting => Open Borders
    Open public voting => Sealed Borders

That is my "prophesy". Nobody will accept it. But right now, I'm right, I'm vindicated. For, we all vote "like Wusses" (my definition), and our borders are wide open.

Just to quadruple check, to make it as clear as humanly possible, the only way you can prove me wrong is:

(i) Successfully seal our borders w/ our current "Wuss" voting w/ secret ballots
    (ii) Fail to seal our borders even with my vaunted "Testosterone" voting

Capiche?

Sealed ballot voting => Open Borders
    Open public voting => Sealed Borders
    Yoshiyahu = Right

Sealed ballot voting => Sealed Borders
    Open public voting => Open Borders
    Yoshiyahu = Fool

Interim Verdict as of 29/12/2007
    Yoshiyahu = Right

Banned
    I can see from here on out, the men in white coats are going to need to be on call for that one interesting reading maybe words to live by LOL
    Naaaah,

Look Joe doe or Jane Joe or Joe shoe...
    Gum shoe here, and I say
    Back the truck up and smell the choices on the sweet thing, that’s between your ears and take the chance to lobby, to express views, smell the abilities you haveand God gave us all ,smell the movement, then see the progress… the progress that’s on the lips of every candidate for every office in the country.

Sleeping Americans = open boarder’s

Wake those up Americans up …. You get a senate, a congress, and local federal and state officers that re going to get the Job done...
    As far as president goes
    We’ll let Ohio and Florida decide…
    Kidding just Kidding

Sounds to me like a combination of ideas: might makes right and pure democracy = tyranny of the majority. Both of these approaches have been tried before and found severly lacking. BTW, our founding fathers had experience with both and didn't want either for our REPUBLIC.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Our votes DON'T count because NOBODY wins WITHOUT the sanction of GREEDY BIG BUSINESS!

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    Our votes DON'T count because NOBODY wins WITHOUT the sanction of GREEDY BIG BUSINESS!
    So we should all just stay home and not vote in protest, right?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Yoshi, simply because the person/s I voted for did not get the job, does not mean my vote did not count, I just happened not to be in the majority in that election. Simple.

As for who will win or not, it is still up to the people, and it is US who are going to vote in who we think will do the best job. As for the majority of the people here, we want a candidate who will firmly secure our borders, enforce our immigration laws, and put out the lights on those big corporations who are raping the American taxpayers to subsidize their slave labor force.

As for who that will be, it is only up to the future and and seems quite ridiculous to argue "who" it will be.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)