Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have to say I am frustrated and amazed. First I'm frustrated with the "regular" media. It infuriates me that they will not do their jobs and simply report the news. And I am amazed that the politicians are surprised by our response on this issue. How can they be surprised?
    Yes I want to keep fighting. Let's Roll!!

William, what a great post to read this morning. Many of your sentiments are my own.

Watching our President mentally unravel is very disturbing. Seeing first-hand how the hidden agenda is being thrust forward is not only shocking but VERY suspicious.

Bush and the hidden agenda angers me beyond words. Bush and his group of co-conspirators are running scared, though. As they rush around the country now, they are trying hard to manipulate politics. They are INTERFERING with the normal 'due process' which our Bills are debated and reviewed. It has been said that actions speak louder than words, and it only takes a casual observer to see how obviously very flustered and frustrated Bush et al are at the American people.

Being an outspoken person on the Scam-nesty issue, I am now apparently viewed by Bush et al as a trouble-making "know nothing" who should let the politicians decide what-is-best. That laissez-faire mindset is absolutely appauling!

Like so many others in our Nation, I am standing up for what is morally correct for our Nation. WOULD OUR FOREFATHERS HAVE DONE LESS? Our forefathers who fought for our Nation and our people are regarded as Patriots. They were all patriotic for their committed beliefs. But now, speaking for our Nation or our people is not just disregarded but actually discouraged.

When did We The People no longer count? Was that when Big Business stepped in? Methinks the latest turn of events may be creating a bit of havoc in the hidden agenda now.....His behavior smacks of a megalomaniac.

Bush will go down in history as the all-time worst President the United States has experienced. Bush is taking the Republican Party down in his attempt to push the hidden agenda -- he is dividing our Nation on not one issue (the war) but on TWO National issues.

I am but one person, but I belong to a very cohesive group of persons.....We The People will NOT be cast aside nor will we be looked over any longer. We are more than a statistic, we are a Nation.

William, you are doing an OUTSTANDING job and I would like to thank you for all of your tireless efforts to help us sustain our Nation. God bless you for all that you have done.
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Duh

Re: William: Penny for your thoughts. A wild turn of events

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Where do you feel the fight is going next? What do you think we should do next?
    If it passes in the senate, how about arranging protests to:

1. Burn effigies of all those who voted for it.

2. Burn flags that are 50% Mexican and 50% American.

Organize a protest in every state and arrange for someone to invite the press to the capitol steps of each of our home states. In D.C., do the same but with effigies of the main windbags responsible for writing and promoting the bill.

It might counteract Trent Lott's BS and get the message across to the House that the reps who vote for amnesty will NOT be reelected.

It might show the politicians that this time we the people are serious; that we are NOT going to take it; that we are NOT going to behave like goody two-shoes lapdogs about this; that we are NOT going to continue to be sucked dry by illegals, corrupt politicians and globalists; and that we will NOT stand for amnesty.

I'm inspired by the backlash in Venezuela where ordinary citizens including medical professionals have had enough and have taken to the streets. We're not there yet, but if S 1348 passes in the Senate, we're going to need to do more to grab the attention of our represenatitives in the House.

Duh
    Duh

April
    ProudAmericanFamily wrote:

We know. We know and we are not having it!
    We know what you are trying to pull! We know about the z visas and we know about the 2.4 trillion and we know about the gang bangers. We are informed and we are not going to put anyone back in office that votes for this amnesty and you better know that! If you vote for this bill, you better know you will be out of a job!

WE KNOW and we are NOT having it
    Absolutely Proud!

I am very proud that the "I am not giving up and not giving in" attitude of Patriotic Americans is starting to get them to realize that they do not have complete control. We just need to keep the heat on and maybe SOON they will remember who they work for. It like herding cattle , you have to keep on them until you get them to their destination! Keep up the good work Patriots!!!!

After a day of fighting these idiots who want this amnesty bill, it would be easy to give up. But then you get up in the morning, rested and reinvigorated, ready to fight again. My mission today, is to call or email our worthless networks and let them know how I feel about "not" keeping us informed. Anyone want to join me? Persistance seems to be working with the Senators, so why not.

Just a comment: Bush is like a pitbull with this amnesty thing. It's going to take a lot to make him let go of it. But if we bang on his head enough, he isn't going to have a choice.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't believe the Neo-cons are able to back out of this plan,

There is far too much at stake for them. The investment is extremely high and the losses would not be acceptable to them. They are still playing this game with our money, but their future is dependent upon it. I doubt they have a back up plan, and the absence of one would indicate their willingness to win at all costs. I think we will see the stops pulled out in the way of some more senators abstaining from the votes, or even some that vote under some mysterious circumstances. I wish we could show the senators they would have our protection as well as political support. I think that might keep a few more of them on board with a rejection of this bill.
    What would I do to step up the pressure?
    Here is yesterdays tour with the mobile billboard:

It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

tinybobidaho wrote:
    My mission today, is to call or email our worthless networks and let them know how I feel about "not" keeping us informed. Anyone want to join me?
    While you work on the media Bob, I'll be handing out the flyers I printed this morning from my Hold Their Feet to the Fire email alert that lists "25 Reasons to Stop the Amnesty Bill S.1348. I also included the "25 list" in a letter to the editor in response to a story in our local Sunday paper to help clarify the "confusion" referred to in that story. I'm hoping the editor will honor my request and print it! Anyone wanting to do likewise, here is the "25 Reasons" list:

25 Reasons to STOP THE AMNESTY BILL S.1348

1. Security doesn't come first in this bill. This bill would immediately legalize illegal aliens that are currently in the country. The only way Congress will actually see to it that the border security and enforcement provisions in the bill will be implemented is if they have to do them before they even consider an amnesty for the people who are here.

2. Illegal aliens won't have to pay back taxes - where do we get the same deal? The whole idea that illegal aliens shouldn't have to pay the taxes they already owe for working in the United States is utterly and completely offensive because it actually gives them a privilege that American citizens aren't getting: forgiveness for taxes owed to the IRS.

3. If passed, this bill will make taxpayers pay the legal bills for illegal aliens seeking amnesty. Tucked away on page 317 is a provision that would allow lawyers in the federally-funded legal services program to represent illegal aliens, which they are presently barred from doing.

4. This bill rewards illegal aliens for breaking our laws. There are tens of millions of people who respect our laws and our country, waiting patiently, in line, often in their home countries, to get a chance to come here. Under this bill, illegal aliens will immediately be eligible for a "Z Visa" which allows them to work, go to school, and - this is important - stay here for the rest of their lives if they so choose because there is no limit on the number of times it can be renewed.

5. The bill gives the government only one business day to conduct a background check to determine whether an applicant is a criminal or a terrorist. It is impossible, of course, to determine in a single day whether someone is a terrorist or a criminal. Remember this is the same government who cannot locate approximately 600,000 illegal aliens who have already been CONVICTED OF CRIMES. How can they be expected to adequately check criminal/terrorist backgrounds in a single day?

6. In the bill Section 601(g)(2), illegal-alien gang members would be eligible for amnesty merely by signing a "renunciation of gang affiliation." Do you think a gang member who would kill you on a dare would lie on a piece of paper to get his get out of jail free card?

7. Gang-bangers and other criminals, who have been ordered to leave the United States by an immigration judge but defy the ruling, are called absconders. Section 601(d)(1)(I) permits U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to grant an absconder a Z visa anyway if he can show that being forced to leave the United States "would result in extreme hardship" to the alien, his spouse, parent or child.

8. The bill effectively shuts down our immigration-court system. If an alien in the removal process is eligible for the Z visa, the immigration judge must close the proceedings and offer the alien the chance to apply for the amnesty.

9. If ICE officials apprehend an alien who appears eligible for the Z visa (in other words, just about any illegal alien), they can't detain him. Instead, ICE must help him apply for the Z visa.

Rather than initiating removal proceedings, ICE will be initiating amnesty applications. It's like turning the Drug Enforcement Agency into a needle-distribution network.

10. To qualify for the Z-visa amnesty, an illegal alien need only have a job (or be the parent, spouse, or child of someone with a job) and come up with a scrap of paper suggesting he was in the country before Jan. 1 of this year. Any bank statement, pay stub, or similarly forgeable record will do.

Expect a mass influx unlike anything this country has seen before, once the 12-month period for accepting Z visa applications begins. These rules are an open invitation to sneak in and present a fraudulent piece of paper indicating that you were already here.

11. As promised, the bill will legalize most of the 12 million to 20 million illegal aliens now in the country via a new "Z visa." Each would pay $3,000 - only slightly more than the going rate to be smuggled into America. This is not up front. They will have eight years to pay it back.

12. Supporters of the bill call the Z visa "temporary" - neglecting to mention that it can be renewed indefinitely until the visa holder dies. Thus, we have the country's first permanent temporary visa. On top of that, it's a super-visa - allowing the holder to work, attend college or do just about anything else.

Are you a law-abiding alien who's interested in switching to this privileged status? Sorry. Only illegal aliens can qualify.

13. The bill increases legal migration by at least 50 percent over the next decade by granting green cards to all the remote relatives who are in the chain migration categories, a number estimated at 750,000 to 900,000 a year. That is triple the current number of 250,000. Giving green cards to millions of additional relatives ensures that legal immigration will continue to grow as this larger pool of permanent residents brings in spouses. Would you like to guess what the cost to the American taxpayer will be for this? Ask your Senator/Congressman what they believe the American taxpayer should have to pay and how much the cost will be. It is a 100% guarantee they will not give you either figure.

14. The bill claims that bench marks must be met before amnesty/guest-worker provisions go into effect. But the bench marks fail to require that the U.S.-Mexico border be closed, fail to require that the border fence be completed as mandated by Congress in October and fail to require that the Department of Homeland Security implement the entry-exit visa system so Americans can know if visitors and guest workers actually leave.

The border security part of the bill calls for a 370-mile-long fence on the U.S./Mexico border. That is only half as long as the 700-mile-long fence ordered by the Secure Fence Act passed overwhelmingly by Congress and ostentatiously signed by the president in front of TV cameras just before the November 2006 election.

15. Another bench mark is that "tools" will be provided to prevent illegal immigrants from getting jobs, including requirements for identification standards and an employee verification system. But the bill lacks a requirement that anybody actually use the tools.

16. The costs of the Senate immigration bill are mind-boggling. Unbelievably, the Senate has made no attempt to estimate this costs or how to how to pay them. The Heritage Foundation's Robert Rector puts a potential price tag on this bill of $2.5 trillion, which is five times the cost of the Iraq war.

17. At least 60 percent of illegal immigrants lack a high school diploma, which means they will work low-wage jobs, pay little or no income tax, and be heavy users of our schools and means-tested social benefits such as Medicaid, school lunches, Women, Infants and Children Program, subsidized housing, the Earned Income Tax Credit, and free legal counsel.

18. Fiscal costs would go up dramatically after amnesty recipients reach retirement. Each elderly low-skill immigrant imposes a net cost - that is benefits minus taxes - on U.S. taxpayers of about $17,000 per year, according to the Heritage Foundation. These costs would hit Social Security and Medicare at the very time Social Security is expected to go into crisis.

19. Section 413 calls on Congress to "accelerate the implementation" of the Security and Prosperity Partnership - announced by Bush in Waco, Texas, in 2005 - so that the United States can "improve the standard of living in Mexico." Do U.S. taxpayers want to take on the awesome economic burden of solving poverty problems in Mexico?

20. The Senate immigration bill states that the United States want to increase access to credit for "poor and under-served populations in Mexico," and expand efforts "to reduce the transaction costs of remittance flows" from the U.S. to Mexico now running at $23 billion a year. That is money made in the US but transferred out of our economy.

21. The Senate bill also puts the United States into a "partnership" with Mexico for "increasing health care access for poor and under-served populations in Mexico," for "assisting Mexico in increasing its emergency and trauma health care facilities," and for "expanding prenatal care" in the border region. Do U.S. taxpayers want to take on the awesome economic burden of solving problems in Mexico?

22. The Senate bill authorizes 4,000 new Border Patrol agents, but doesn't require that they be trained or deployed. There is nothing in this bill which says these agents must be used to secure the border and not to help pass out applications for Z Visas anywhere in the US.

23. Illegal Aliens will receive instate tuition. Illegal aliens would receive a taxpayer subsidy worth tens of thousands of dollars and would be treated better than U.S. citizens from out of state, who must pay three to four times as much to attend college. In an era of limited educational resources and rising tuitions, U.S. citizens, not aliens openly violating federal law, should be first in line to receive education subsidies.

24. Health standards ignored - Unlike legal immigrants, no medical exam or immunizations are needed to get a Z visa. Are you ready for the reintroduction of widespread Tuberculosis into the United States? Will your children be protected against catching this at school?

25. The amnestee doesn't have to know squat in English to get probationary status or a Z visa. After four years when seeking to renew the Z visa the first time, he only has to take - not pass, just take - the naturalization language test or be on a waiting list for English classes. "Learn English" only happens after eight years, and then it's not actual mastery of the language. SWEET!

26 (bonus reason). The advocates of this amnesty bill say "It's not amnesty because they have to pay a fine." The truth is there is no mechanism to collect these "fines" and do ANY kind of enforcement if the fines are not paid. The federal government has not even finished processing the amnesty applications from the 1986 amnesty (21 years later) for what was supposed to be just over 1 million people and no fines. There is no way they will be chasing down 12 million who fail to pay a $1000 payment on a $5000 fine when they cannot locate 600,000 criminals convicted of serious crimes. In reality there will be no enforcement.

IT IS AMNESTY and any one who says it is not, is telling you a lie and they know it! Have you called a Senator yet today?

Keep the pressure on and spread the word!

I just emailed the President through a link offered in one of my emails. This is what I said:

Dear Mr. President,
    I oppose the Senate immigration deal. Enforce and secure the border FIRST as a separate bill and then we can deal with immigration and the illegals that are already here with a new bill. The border must be secured first before any legislation is written and concidered regarding illegal immigrants and immigration status. OUR BORDERS COME FIRST AND OUR SECURITY SHOULD NOT BE HELD HOSTAGE FOR A SHAM OF A BILL SUCH AS S.1348! Our Constitution DEMANDS it. Do what you know to be right. Defend this country's right to its own sovereignty. Get La Raza out of the veto process, they are not legislators nor are they elected officials. We are not responsible for Mexico's poverty nor will we pay for it. We should be helping Mexico destroy all of their drug cartels and that's all. USE COMMON SENSE and quit complicating the bill with anything irrelvant to securing the border, period. STOP IGNORING US NOW!

Of course, I don't know how much he will read or listen. This was also sent to MR. Chambless and MR. Isakson and MR Lindon (7 Dist of GA)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

All I have to say is the let the Republicans try and pass this bill, it will be the end of their party.
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Well, Tiredofapathy, I like your letter, unfortunately most newspapers only allow 200 to 300 words per letter and usually the rule is, you get to submit one a month. I was just denied my last letter. It wasn't too long and it had been a month since my last one. I have to blame it on the immigration news blackout. I intend to call them and ask why my voice is being silenced.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast