Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

William: Question for Ron Paul Supporters

Ron Paul Supporters,

Most of us really admire Ron Paul and we certainly love his supporters. The few small exceptions are the problems we have had with those that are overly aggressive, threatening, and accusatory over the slightest thing.

My question for Ron Paul supporters is, isn't it almost mathematically impossible for Ron Paul to generate the delegate votes he would need to win the GOP Primary?

Also, hasn't Paul stated that he will NOT run as an independent.

As you answer, please refrain from any overly speculative comments.

We need to have an honest conversation about this.

ALIPAC is going with the "encircle McClinton" strategy out of respect for our Ron Paul / ALIPAC supporters. The only reason we are not rallying around Paul at this time is that our understanding is that he can't get the delegate points needed and has been documented as saying he won't run as an Indi.

Please help us to understand this situation clearly and accurately.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just ventured over to the RP Fourms.. They are counting on a Brokered convention. And getting RP people as delegates from the states, so when they are no longer bound they can vote for Paul. Some of the posts go step by step on becoming one of the delegates.. I will try to link a few here.

I have no idea if this would work or if I am even describing their plan fully.
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

I think this question could best be answered directly by Ron Paul's campaign.

I know that they are focused on the brokered convention and are working to recruit delegates....

Quote Originally Posted by ndmibby
    I think this question could best be answered directly by Ron Paul's campaign.

I know that they are focused on the brokered convention and are working to recruit delegates....
    The brokered convention would only be an option if McCain does not clear the 1100 threshold and it would be held in Sept a few months before the General election correct?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The way I understand it (and I may be wrong about some of this) if the convention ends up brokered, with no one person having the delegates required, then it is up to the state delegates who must vote at the convention which I think is much like what happened in WV with delegates being traded and deals being made hoping that your candidate is the first to get the most delegates first. The Paul campaign has from the very beginning been begging its supportors to sign up to be delegates for their respective states and from current numbers it does appear he has the most state delegates signed up thus far if it were to go brokered.

It all depends if McCain gets the minimum required delegates before the convention.

There are a lot of "ifs" here.

Forgot about the 3rd party question. He has never said "No" that I have heard. He has said "I am not considering that option" and things of that nature. I do know that he has an open invitation from the Constitution Party to run as their candidate if he so chooses.

Are the remaining primary states going to continue to vote for McCain?
    Is Huckabee going to stay or drop out?
    What is Romney going to do with his delegates?

While I would love to see ALIPAC throw its support behind Paul and since he is in the only horse we have left in this race as far as illegal immigration goes and I do not see why you don't, that decision is ultimately obviously up to you.

That being said getting all the dirt out that can be got out on McCain is necessary. There are still many states that have yet to vote.

There are 3 "theories" floating around at Rp forums:

1. This Romney move is terrible for Ron Paul because we wanted a brokered convention where the delegates where unbound and could vote for anyone. But with this move Mccain will pick the majority of delegates left

2. Now that romney dropped out Paul could pick up more % of votes. IF we can somehow force a brokered convention we could have a chance.

3. This secures a Mccain victory which is good for Ron Paul if he ends up running as 3rd party or independent as I and many other RP fans believe.

Ron Paul has said he has no intention of running because of how hard it is to get on the ballot, debates etc. But I think once his Republican campaign comes to an end the call from his fans and the possibility of Mccain and Clinton would provide a real chance for Paul to actually have a chance.

I can only speak for what I have know, in Arkansas. Delegates had to send in their paperwork and money before the primary, I know other states are different. In Arkansas were Huck won he gets the majority of the delegates, but rumor here is he does not have enough and the GOP will probably be asking Paul delegates to go to the convention. Romney I think did not have anyone apply as a delegate here and I am not sure of McClame.

I do not think McCain will get the total number, but what do I know, I would have almost gauranteed he would not have won Arizona...

I think he's staying in to get his message out... He could change he mind and run independent. How could he say I'm going to run as an independent and stay in the Republican primaries?

Banned
    Romney as the number 2 runner being out of the race

I think McCain will lock up the delegate count very easily now

Only Romney staying in kept the chance for a brokerage alive

This is not good for pauls very slim chance to win with delegates.

Paul is not likely to run independent because he cannot then run for re-election for his Congressional seat as a republican (as you cannot run I am told as some other party and republican at same time). Paul is probably better to retain one of the very few votes for Constitutional government left in D.C. (though in reality because the vast majority don't uphold the constitution it is in a sense futility).

Paul's biggest role is to continue to educate citizens on constitutional government, the wrong doing of big gov. (of the globalists) made possible by paper currency printed out of thin air, and as a prophet speaking against the coming events that will come to us via the "oligarchy" that controls D.C. (financial bancruptcy, North American Union, National I.D. cards, widening of socialized programs via "global warming" lies and "hsteria" for universal health programs.

His new book "Revolution: A Manifesto" should be real interesting read for people to start fighting the "new world order" and to demand the LIBERTY our founders intended in our Republic with the proper seperation of powers and Federalist limitations.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast