Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am Wiccan/Pagan and so is our family and some friends. My brother is Gay and my father is a "Born Again Christian". Point being, each of us is allowed our own beliefs and lifestyle.

It is Illegal Immigration that is the issue, not what they practice or are branded as. We are very fortunate to live in a country that is so diverse and no one is "hacked to death" for their beliefs. Thank goodness for that.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferB
    I am Wiccan/Pagan and so is our family and some friends. My brother is Gay and my father is a "Born Again Christian". Point being, each of us is allowed our own beliefs and lifestyle.

It is Illegal Immigration that is the issue, not what they practice or are branded as. We are very fortunate to live in a country that is so diverse and no one is "hacked to death" for their beliefs. Thank goodness for that.
    My wife is wiccan, and I am a "reformed" christian. This story and the close minded responses to it are exactly why I left the church. Don't you know they are "better" than everyone else? (sarcasm) I know athiests that are more Godly than most of the christians I know.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

This story and the close minded responses
    Could you elaborate on this? Who made a close minded response?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    "these people are not only sickos, they aren't too smart either. "

According to you, I am a sicko, and I'm not too smart. How do you think I would feel about that? Just because someone is not like you does not make them sick or stupid. From a quantum standpoint (for those of you into physics) witchcraft and prayer work the same way. God is much bigger than one religion. There is an entire universe out there.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    "these people are not only sickos, they aren't too smart either. "

According to you, I am a sicko, and I'm not too smart. How do you think I would feel about that? Just because someone is not like you does not make them sick or stupid. From a quantum standpoint (for those of you into physics) witchcraft and prayer work the same way. God is much bigger than one religion. There is an entire universe out there.
    This comment was directed at people who are killing and mutilating innocent little kids who they "think" are witches.

I have no idea how or why you interjected yourself into what I said. I offer no apology for my comment.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One man was pursued by four armed men and had to hide in the forest for two days.
    I'm surprised they did use the men with 4 arms
    ------------------------

In this day and age, I'm very suprised how this conversation spiralled into almost a hate conversation. There are good Pagans and bad Pagans, (as the ones in the article) just as good Christians and bad Christians, good Jews, bad Jews...etc. I'm amazed that with knowledge at our fingertips, and in our own homes (pc), that people still haven't at least investigated the paths of Paganism. Bottom line, as a whole, they are not evil or "devil worshipers." They don't even believe in the devil because that, is a Christian concept. Paganism is a pre-Christian way of life, not anti-Christian. Hollywood with it's thirst for greed, creates movies only about the dark side and people use that as reference....By reading this thread, I swear it's the 1600's again...very sad.

The articles is under the right topic. It's under General Topics which includes legal immigration as well.

The main argument of these articles is not only to bring the horrible plight of these people in Africa, but what kind of intolerance and violence may be coming our way through immigration. When people come here they bring their way of life. Killing people for witchcraft is not something we practice in America. Heaven help this country and theirs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferB

Jennifer, it makes me wonder EVERY time I see or hear the word "Diverse/Diversity"... People need to know the meaning of that word BEFORE they ever use it.
    The meaning of the word Diverse = To DIVIDE...
    I do not think we need a MORE DIVIDED Nation. I DO think we need MORE AMERICANS to stand up and grow a set!!!
    We are living in a hyphenated society... I do not think this is BY CHANCE!
    It is the Politically Correct Crowd that has FORCED it upon us, otherwise known as "Diversity".
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

"The articles is under the right topic. It under General Topics which includes legal immigration as well.

The main argument of these articles is not only to bring the horrible plight of these people in Africa, but what kind of intolerance and violence may be coming our way through immigration. When people come here they bring their way of life. Killing people for witchcraft is not something we practice in America. Heaven help this country and theirs as well."

You're absolutely right.. This horrid behavior is not acceptable in any path.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast