Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

WND-TV: Matt Drudge eviscerates 'fascist' Dianne Feinstein

WND-TV

Matt Drudge eviscerates 'fascist' Dianne Feinstein

'Declaring who qualifies for freedom of press is ridiculous!'

Published: 9 hours ago
    Video at the Page Link:

Matt Drudge

New-media pioneer Matt Drudge called Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., a “fascist” after she suggested only “real reporters” deserved protection under a new media-shield law.

“Comments from Sen. Feinstein yesterday on who’s a reporter were disgusting,” Drudge tweeted, adding that a “17-year old ‘blogger’ is as important as Wolf Blitzer.”

“Fascist!” he declared.

Drudge, the owner and operator of the most successful news site on the Internet, took to Twitter to defend bloggers and to hammer the senator.

The Senate Judiciary Committee approved a measure late Thursday that would establish a federal shield law for reporters or journalists in the United States.

“I can’t support it if everyone who has a blog has a special privilege … or if Edward Snowden were to sit down and write this stuff, he would have a privilege. I’m not going to go there,” said Feinstein during the committee meeting.

The original amendment, as proposed by Feinstein, had limited the definition of a “journalist” to someone employed by or in contract with “an entity or service that disseminates news and information.”

Under that definition, a student working for a tiny college newspaper would get protection, but Drudge and his new-media brethren might not.

“The fundamental issue behind this amendment is, should this privilege apply to anyone, to a 17-year-old who drops out of high school, buys a website for five dollars and starts a blog? Or should it apply to journalists, to reporters, who have bona fide credentials?” Feinstein asked.

Video at the Page Link:

The legislation was amended, before passing out of committee, to define who would be a “covered journalist.” That definition had been an obstacle to broader legislation designed to “protect” reporters and the news media from having to reveal their sources.

Feinstein worked with Sens. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., a chief proponent of the media-shield legislation, and Dick Durbin, D-Ill., as well as representatives from news organizations, on the compromise.

The bill would protect reporters and news media organizations from being required to reveal the identities of confidential sources, but it does not grant an absolute privilege for journalists.

Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., complained that the definition of a journalist was too broad.

Pushing back, Feinstein said the intent was to set up a test to determine a bona fide journalist.

“I think journalism has a certain tradecraft. It’s a profession. I recognize that everyone can think they’re a journalist,” Feinstein said.

The bill now on the Senate floor would define a journalist as someone employed by or in contract with a media outlet for at least one year within the last 20 years or three months within the last five years; someone with a substantial track record of freelancing in the last five years; or a student journalist. A federal judge also would have the discretion to declare an individual a “covered journalist,” who would be granted the privileges of the law.

Drudge pointed out that a federal judge once ruled that he was “not a reporter, a journalist, or a newsgatherer.”

“Millions of readers a day come for cooking recipes??!” he asked incredulously.

“Gov’t declaring who qualifies for freedom of press in digital age is ridiculous!” Drudge added. “It belongs to anyone for any reason. No amendment necessary.”

http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/matt-drud...nne-feinstein/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sen Feinstein Pushes to Regulate First Amendment: Bloggers “Really Aren’t Reporters”

Posted on September 13, 2013 by BMartin1776

Who said reporters are professional Fascist Feinstein? Journalists/ reporters may have credentials to go into press briefings and other delegated settings for the elite media but who said what they do is delivering news let alone the truth?

I’m sorry where in the First Amendment does it say one has to be licensed to express their views and/ or report on a subject? Is that section of the First Amendment hidden along with the Good and Plenty clause?

Matt Drudge has it right this woman thing is an outright FASCIST! How dare she try to now define who can and cannot report on news and events?!

Maybe, FRANKENFEINSTEIN YOU FASCIST, if the media DID THEIR GOD DAMN JOBS bloggers and others like myself you deem “aren’t really reporters” wouldn’t have to do what we do! For the record I’ve never titled myself as a journalist or reporter. I am an American who has had it with all of you and what you are doing to this nation. I have an opinion and views which are felt and shared by many Americans. It is my GOD GIVEN NATURAL RIGHT to write about anything I see and hear. You and the rest of the FASCIST PROGRESSIVES in DC WILL NOT have a final say in what we do.

My God America if now wasn’t a time to initiate recall elections across the country I don’t know what will! What the hell is wrong with the people in this country!
    WAKE THE HELL UP!
    …….
    Bill to protect journalists clears Senate panel

By David G. Savage | LA Times

WASHINGTON — Journalists and bloggers who report news to the public will be protected from being forced to testify about their work under a media shield bill passed by a Senate committee Thursday.

But the new legal protections will not extend to the controversial online website Wikileaks and others whose principal work involves disclosing “primary-source documents … without authorization.”

Senate sponsors of the bill and a coalition of media groups that support it hailed Thursday’s bipartisan Senate Judiciary Committee vote as a breakthrough.

“We’re closer than we’ve ever been before to passing a strong and tough media shield bill,” Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) said. “Thanks to important bipartisan compromises, we’ve put together a strong bill that balances the need for national security with that of a free press.”

The final hurdle for the Judiciary Committee was defining who is a journalist in the digital era.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) insisted on limiting the legal protection to “real reporters” and not, she said, a 17-year-old with his own website.

“I can’t support it if everyone who has a blog has a special privilege … or if Edward Snowden were to sit down and write this stuff, he would have a privilege. I’m not going to go there,” she said...more

http://savingtherepublic.com/blog/20...ent-reporters/

Not only does she want to take your guns, she wants to restrict the rights of citizen journalists! Sluggo needs to go!

One would think she would remember Hitler.
    that's the whole point; She Does and wants that regime to return