Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo said to Howie Carr in an interview that he will run if there is no candidate to address the issue of illegal aliens in this country. He does seem hopeful about Mitt Romney but will investigate him further before backing him. Check it out at: www.wrko.com
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Count and 2nd,

'dipwad'

Now, about
    here on the left coast

Say it ain't so Count I'm going to live on the left coast after the 15th! I guess I'm just going to have to keep raising a ruckus...although, there are people who swear that So. Fl. (used to) be So. NY. Course, now it's Cuba.

So you say 'left coast' , not 'the West?'

Ya know,
    these things are always decided before we ever get a say in them.
    , I think this is happening all over our beloved country!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

McCain is more of a RINO than Bush he's for open borders and gun control

I`ve be a registered Republican since I was old enough to vote. For sometime now I have been considering changing to Independent.
    One problem we have is that too many voters vote by the letter and not by the back ground. This can be dangerous.
    Also it`s hard to know what to believe what is said anymore, either by their campaign speeches or by whats on the ballot. Alot of voters don`t read, they just vote (or not).
    I would vote the candidate the was more on our side.

I think that each elected official should be put through a 6mo to 1yr Initiation Trial, to see whether he backs up his/her promises or if there just empty.

I don`t think that McClain could handle the Presidential seat
    ------------------------

McCain sitting pretty for 2008 race

By Ralph Z. Hallow
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    July 6, 2006

Some top Republicans at odds with Sen. John McCain on core conservative issues say privately that the party's 2008 presidential nomination is "his to lose."
    They cite the Arizona senator's head start in fundraising, a primary calendar that is shaping up in his favor and a growing belief that he enjoys the tacit support of President Bush.
    In state after state, Mr. McCain has been passing out money to Republican candidates for other offices, to state party organizations and even to Republican county chairmen. Extending such largess to the county level is unheard of in pre-nomination campaign maneuvering, party officials say.
    Now, one of the most widely respected conservatives in the country says he is ready to help pull the McCain campaign bandwagon whenever the senator makes his 2008 Republican presidential run official.
    "He is the only person I know who is running and capable of getting elected who is tough enough to do what needs to be done," says former Texas Sen. Phil Gramm, who has quietly been helping to write Mr. McCain's speeches. "He will veto spending bills and earmarks and stand up to the Social Security and Medicare challenges that will fall in the next president's lap with the baby boomer retirement."
    For some luminaries on the right, Mr. Gramm and Mr. McCain make an odd couple at best.
    "You've got to be kidding," former Majority Leader Tom DeLay said after being told of Mr. Gramm's support for Mr. McCain. "Though in a sense, I'm not surprised. They've been friends."
    Mr. McCain was national chairman of Mr. Gramm's 1996 presidential campaign.
    The two have had their disagreements.
    Throughout his seven years in the House and 17 years in the Senate, Mr. Gramm was considered a strong defender of the First and Second amendments. He opposed what he saw as infringements on free speech in the 2002 McCain-Feingold campaign-finance law, as well as Mr. McCain's one-time alliance with the gun-control lobby.
    Mr. Gramm acknowledges his differences with Mr. McCain.
    "There are plenty of things I don't agree with John on, but I don't think they are important, compared to things I do agree with him on," the former Texas A&M University economics professor said

Mr. McCain's relationship with Mr. Bush seems to have improved since their heated nomination battle in 2000. The senator crisscrossed the country in 2004, campaigning for Mr. Bush's re-election, and he supported the president on the Iraq war, immigration policy and, eventually, making Mr. Bush's tax cuts permanent.
    "What I've heard seems plausible to me -- that a deal was cut that if McCain supported Bush in 2004, the Bush team would get behind McCain for 2008," Republican media consultant Tom Edmonds says.
    Among those who have signed on with Mr. McCain are Mark McKinnon, Mr. Bush's 2000 and 2004 campaign media strategist, and Terry Nelson, Mr. Bush's 2004 national political director.

A senior Republican senator from a Western state who opposes Mr. McCain says privately, "Look at who he's got in his camp and look at him in the polls -- I'm telling you there's no one out there strong enough to beat him. It's his to lose."
    The 2008 primary schedule appears to be an advantage for Mr. McCain.
    The senator bypassed the 2000 Iowa caucuses but trounced Mr. Bush in the New Hampshire primary, lost in South Carolina the following week, but then won Michigan. This year, a group of Western states -- Arizona, New Mexico and Utah -- have primaries scheduled a week after New Hampshire.
    In primaries without a sitting president, "no Republican who has won the nomination has ever won both the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary," says former Reagan White House political director Frank J. Donatelli. "So McCain doesn't have to win both to get the nomination."
    According to a poll by American Research Group taken in May, Mr. McCain leads Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in Utah 37 percent to 22 percent. In Arizona, Mr. McCain leads his nearest rival, Sen. Sam Brownback of Kansas, 59 percent to 3 percent, and in New Mexico, he leads the field at 38 percent. His nearest rival in that state is former House Speaker Newt Gingrich at 5 percent.
    Nationally, the June 1-4 Cook Political Report poll of 874 registered voters has Mr. McCain leading with 29 percent and former New York City Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani second with 24 percent. Mr. Romney, Mr. Gingrich, Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, Virginia Sen. George Allen and Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo are all in single digits.
    The same poll found Mr. McCain beating Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, New York Democrat, 47 percent to 40 percent in a general election matchup, just outside the poll's error margin.
    http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060 ... -7340r.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would that tip depend on your state rules? Or does anyone know if it's nationwide?
    I can answer that question easily. It depends on the STATE. I have been an Independent forever and, for the past few years, North Carolina allows Independents, or "Non-Affiliated" as they call us, to vote in ONE of the TWO primaries. You just have to choose whether you would prefer to vote in the Republican or Democrat primary. I think ALL states should go to that option so it doesn't punish the ones of us who have lost all hope of having a home with the Republican party OR the Democratic Party.

LOU DOBBS FOR PRESIDENT. I would write him in before I voted for McCain or Hillary.

hey Curiospat Florida is Cuba, California is Mexico, Boston is Brazil...

G_D BE MERCIFUL OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY

I saw a reporter from the Washington Times or USA Today on Tucker Carlson last night giving his thoughts about John McCain being President. The reporter said that McCain is too hot headed to be President. That if anyone disagrees with him, he blows his stack. He said that McCain is very cordial with the media but totally different behind the scene. The reporter questioned whether or not the American people would want a President that cannot control his temper.

I would never vote for McCain after watching his explosive reactions to some of the S 2611 Amendments presented during the Senate debate on Immigration Reform. Also, he has made horrible remarks about the American people's work ethics. The main reason I would not vote for him is his stance on Illegal Immigration.

It's hard to believe that a man who supports illegal aliens and gun control can be the front runner for the republican party. Have we become a nation of wimps? Maybe he'll crash and burn like Dean did. Maybe he maintain his cool only for so long then the Tasmanian devil in him comes out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456