Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Yes, La Raza Really Does Mean 'The Race'

“The term ‘La Raza’ has its origins in early 20th century Latin American literature and translates into English most closely as ‘the people’ or, according to some scholars, as ‘the Hispanic people of the New World.’ The term was coined by Mexican scholar José Vasconcelos to reflect the fact that the people of Latin America are a mixture of many of the world’s races, cultures, and religions. Mistranslating ‘La Raza’ to mean ‘the race’ implies that it is a term meant to exclude others. In fact, the full term coined by Vasconcelos, ‘La Raza Cósmica,’ meaning the ‘cosmic people,’ was developed to reflect not purity but the mixture inherent in the Hispanic people. This is an inclusive concept, meaning that Hispanics share with all other peoples of the world a common heritage and destiny.
    I was thinking about this more, I think whenever we talk about the National Council of La Raza, instead of shortening it to "La Raza", we should expand it to "La Raza Cosmica", since as they say that is the implied full name of their organization. Then other Americans can look up the book "La Raza Cosmica", which has some pretty negative comments about non-Latinos, to understand the La Raza Cosmica organization mindset. I have a copy of the book here I need to find some of the more racist passages and post them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Tea Party Message from William!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-194985.html

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Unfortunately, this La Raza Cósmica (The Cosmic Race) is just where all our modern mixed marriages are heading. Remember the threats by La Raza activists saying "we will marry your daughters and make their children into Latinos" (who then become 1/2 prone to marry more Latinos)? This activity is no joke as it happens all over the southwest. It's something fundamental for parents to consider.

From another perspective, in many modern religions and sects (Jews, Muslims, Amish just to name a few), members are taught not to marry outside of their faith so that proves are ongoing active control mechanisms in operation which are considered routine.

My point is that where one movement portends to absorb another ethnically, another intends to restrict through religion thereby ensuring its identity.

Here is something historian Otis Graham wrote in his book titled "IMMIGRATION REFORM AND AMERICA'S UNCHOSEN FUTURE."

"Even Cesar Chavez rejected the "la raza" idea as inherently racist. I hear more and more Mexicans talking about la raza—to build up their pride, you know," Chavez told me. "Some people don't look at it as racism, but when you say 'la raza,' you are saying an anti-gringo thing, and it won't stop there. Today it's anti-gringo, tomorrow it will be anti-Negro, and the day after it will be anti-Filipino, anti-Puerto Rican. And then it will be anti-poor-Mexican, and anti-darker-skinned Mexican. ... La raza is a very dangerous concept. I speak very strongly against it among the chicanos."
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123