Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You wouldnt believe this

or maybe you would. My husband bought a little truck, for work. Well, needs a little work right?
    Well, someone stold the cadillac converter off the truck. Which means they had to crawl under the truck and cut it off.
    Really, a buch of THEAVES.
    Where was the security? Yeah RIGHT??
    We live in a apartment complex 95% are mexican. Thye manager is mexican, the assistant manager is mexican. So what does that say??
    The security guard is mexican. Well, I had my car backed into the parking spot, now mine you there is NO SIGN saying no backing up. Got pictures.
    They put one of those orange stickers on my window. Well, other cars where backed in, and they didnt get a window sticker. Yeah I took pictures.
    I also called the police, they told me they could not do that, tow my car, without a sign that says no backing up in space. In which they dont have.
    I went to the manger and told her what the police told me, and I took pictures of other cars NOT haveing a orange sticker. The cars that where backed up, belong to mexicans, I told the manger if you security puts a sticker on my car again, I will have him arrested, and dont think I WONT. I will also file a report against you and the complex for RACIAL PROFILING. I told her I HAVE PICTURES.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

Sorry to hear about this. It is a rapidly growing crime I have heard as of late. Some catalytic converters can be worth quite a junk of change (several hundreds $, or similarly, a handful of Euros)

How do you know the apartment personnel all hail from Mexico (and not somewhere else)?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm so sorry! Up to $1000. They are full of Nickle.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Unbelievable the things they are stealing now days for money...Metal, Man Holes out of the street, copper wiring used for connecting cable and telephones, third row seats out of sport Utilitiy vehicles.

They contain a very small amout of a rare metal (rarer then platinum) the name of which escapes me at the moment.

The cops claim that they can remove the converters with a special tool in about 30 seconds per car and these thieves can make 300.00 per hour easily doing this.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

And they sell the platnium from them, too. There were selling pretty good on Ebay, but haven't checked them in a while.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Thieves Targeting Precious Metals in Catalytic Converters

Thieves Targeting Precious Metals in Catalytic Converters

Posted: April 30, 2008 03:57 PM PDT

KESQ.com news services

Thieves are unbolting or cutting catalytic converters from vehicles for the precious metals they contain, including platinum, palladium and rhodium, police said Wednesday.

In the first quarter of 2008, catalytic converter thefts surged 466 percent compared to the same period a year ago, Riverside police Detective Steve Lee said.

He said 34 thefts occurred between Jan. 1 and April 16, compared to 6 thefts in the first three and a half months of 2007.

With the runup in precious metals, platinum is selling for about $1,950 per ounce.

Catalytic converters are anti-pollution devices that help burn unburned gases in the exhaust stream.

Most of the vehicles targeted have been Toyota trucks and sport utility vehicles made in the 1990s, Lee said.

"Thefts are occurring 24 hours a day, on any day of the week," the detective said in a statement. "According to reports, apartment complex parking lots are a popular location for thieves to seek out victims."

Thieves sell catalytic converters for $50 to $80, Lee said.

"The cost to repair a vehicle after the converter is stolen can cost as much as $3,000," he said.

Authorities are urging people to park in a garage or in well-lighted, well-traveled areas.

Anyone with a lead on the suspects was urged to call Riverside police at (951) 826-5314.

http://www.kesq.com/global/story.asp?s=8252300
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin