Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hillary Calls for Border Security Czar

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:31 p.m. EDT
    Hillary Calls for Border Security Czar

New York Sen. Hillary Clinton is urging the Bush administration to appoint a border security coordinator who would be responsible for devising a strategy to stop terrorists from entering the U.S. from Canada.

"We know that the Northern border is an important gateway for people coming into our country," Clinton said on Wednesday.

Story Continues Below

"We have to be more vigilante about who comes in and who leaves. And I think the best way we can handle this it to have one person in the government who's responsible."

Clinton's call for a border security czar follows by days her letter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Homeland Security Chief Michael Chertoff, where she explained her objections to a proposal that would require a passport to cross into the U.S. from Canada.

"National security and, in particular, security at our borders, must continue to be paramount and I have made security at New York's northern border a top priority since joining the Senate," she insisted. "However, it is crucial that any new requirement be sensitive to the potentially serious impact of this proposal on tourism and the regional economy."

Clinton's call for a border security czar is seen as an extension of her get-tough policy on illegal immigration. Her critics charge Sen. Clinton and her political strategists hope this new strategy will appeal to red state voters in anticipation of a 2008 presidential run.

"I don't think that we have protected our borders or our ports or provided our first responders with the resources they need, so we can do more and we can do better," Clinton told the Fox News Channel last November, in an indirect swipe at President Bush's open borders policy.

"There's technology now available," she noted. "There are some advanced radar systems. There are biometric and other kinds of identification systems that we've been very slow to deploy and unwilling to spend money on."

In a February 2003 radio interview the top Democrat offered her harshest comments to date on illegal immigration.

"I am, you know, adamantly against illegal immigrants," she told WABC host John Gambling.

Borrowing a page from conservative commentator Pat Buchanan, Clinton railed, "People have to stop employing illegal immigrants. I mean, come up to Westchester, go to Suffolk and Nassau counties, stand on the street corners in Brooklyn or the Bronx; you're going to see loads of people waiting to get picked up to go do yard work and construction work and domestic work."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005 ... 0710.shtml

This is sarcy, think I will go hide out in the hills for a few days
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Clinton's call for a border security czar is seen as an extension of her get-tough policy on illegal immigration. Her critics charge Sen. Clinton and her political strategists hope this new strategy will appeal to red state voters in anticipation of a 2008 presidential run.
    Never was a huge fan of Ms. Clinton, but if she is for securing our borders and getting tough on illegal immigration then, quite frankly, I don't care what her motivation is. If the Dems were smart, and they don't seem to be, they would take this issue and run with it.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

She scares me also.....I wouldn't believe a thing the witch said.

"Ms. Clinton" dang that ain't what we call her down here
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene
    She scares me also.....I wouldn't believe a thing the witch said.

I kown what you mean.

"I didn't do it"Probable all of it runs in the family.

New York Sen. Hillary Clinton is urging the Bush administration to appoint a border security coordinator who would be responsible for devising a strategy to stop terrorists from entering the U.S. from Canada.
    But Mexicans flooding into the US from our southern border is no problem for Hitlery.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Clinton's call for a border security czar is seen as an extension of her get-tough policy on illegal immigration.
    Pardon me, but isn't a Czar a russian thing?

What Country am I in???

[What Country am I in??? ]

Oh, Mr. Magoo, it's getting hard to tell, isn't it? This entire thing has been so nasty and mean. And Hillary? Oh.......

60 minutes coming on now! Terry Anderson, immigration.
    I hope they are fair! [/quote]
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

Bilary is as useless as the teets on a boar hog.

She did not say she would do her damnest to stop the illegal aliens. In fact, she didn't say a damned thing worth reading.

I want Mr. Tancredo to be the standard for the Democratic Party. I am hoping like hell he is the Republican Presidential canidate. And lets not forget that if we print up twenty flyers supporting Mr. Tancredo and passed them out at the mall, we would have a very good effect on removing the illegal aliens.