Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

AND THE BEAT GOES ON... By Lynn Stuter (Worth Reading)

AND THE BEAT GOES ON...

By Lynn Stuter

February 17, 2009
    NewsWithViews.com

On September 22, 2008, in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Also Known As (AKA) Obama stated,

These are the types of reform I will pursue beginning on my very first day in office as President of the United States – political reform, government reform, and regulatory reform.

First, I’ll reform our special interest-driven politics. When I am President, I will start by closing the revolving door in the White House that has allowed people to use their Administration job as a stepping stone to further their lobbying careers.

I’ll make it absolutely clear that working in an Obama Administration is not about serving your former employer, your future employer, or your bank account – it’s about serving your country. When you walk into my administration, you will not be able to work on regulations or contracts directly related to your former employer for two years. And when you leave, you will not be able to lobby my Administration – ever. I will also institute an absolute gift ban so that no registered lobbyist can curry favor with members of my administration based on how much they can spend on a fancy dinner.

I’ll make our government open and transparent so that anyone can ensure that our business is the people’s business. As Justice Louis Brandeis once said, sunlight is the greatest disinfectant. As President, I will make it impossible for Congressmen or lobbyists to slip pork-barrel projects or corporate welfare into laws when no one is looking because when I am president, meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public. No more secrecy.

When there is a bill that ends up on my desk as President, you will have five days to look online and find out what’s in it before I sign it. When there are meetings between lobbyists and a government agency, we will put as many as possible online for every American to watch. When there is a tax bill being debated in Congress, you will know the names of the corporations that would benefit and how much money they would get. And we will put every corporate tax break and every pork-barrel project online for every American to see. You will know who asked for them and you can cast your vote accordingly.

Fast forward to January 26, 2009 and H.R. 1, otherwise known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, a/k/a, the infamous “stimulus packageâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

Impeach Obama for starters.

This is a very sad commentary about the "pervasive evil" led by Obama that has overtaken our goverment.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: AND THE BEAT GOES ON... By Lynn Stuter (Worth Reading)

[quote]Two days later it passed the House, 244 Democrats voting “yea,â€

An increase in Pell grants is pork? I don't see it that way at all. American students typically graduate up to their eyeballs in student loan debt and this will help mitigate that. Too many people think they can't go to college as it is.

This actually will create a lot of jobs. Just many of them will be government jobs. The problem with most people is that they think that goverment jobs are all reserved for political cronies or minorities, and that is far from the case. The application process is harder and full of gotchas, but a government job is well within the reach of the average citizen provided they are willing to study the process and don't get discouraged at the learning curve of applying.

And, increased broadband would help us set up call centers, support centers, and other IT-enabled businesses in smaller cities and rural areads such that we could definitely give India, Inc. a run for their money. THAT would be wonderful for America.

And, I'd love to see Amtrack come back and grow. Seeing the country by train is fantastic, at least my experience was.

Sure, there are things to complain about. But it's certainly not all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Sure, there are things to complain about. But it's certainly not all bad.
    Agreed...there is good mixed with the bad!