Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MA-Mass. factory in 2007 immigration raid to close

Mass. factory in 2007 immigration raid to close

The Associated Press
    Published: Friday, May. 29, 2009 - 1:37 pm

NEW BEDFORD, Mass. -- A Massachusetts leather-goods factory raided in 2007 by immigration agents will close.

Minneapolis-based military contractor Alliant Techsystems said Friday that the factory will shut down by July 31. The plant employs more than 300 people, mostly Latinos.

Federal agents raided the plant and arrested more than 360 undocumented workers in 2007. The owner sold it to Eagle Industries soon afterward.

Eagle Industries, based in Fenton, Mo., was acquired by ATK in March. ATK said the factory was operating well below capacity.

But U.S. Rep. Barney Frank called the closure "absolute corporate savagery" and said it makes ATK "unfit" to continue as a U.S. contractor.

http://www.sacbee.com/827/story/1902806.html

But U.S. Rep. Barney Frank called the closure "absolute corporate savagery" and said it makes ATK "unfit" to continue as a U.S. contractor.
    Am I correct to assume that ATK is a private company, which is supposed to run their business for profit, not to please a nutcase like Barney or ask permission from his committee or the rest of government for whatever business decisions they make. I will not post my thoughts on Barney--unfit for publication.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)