Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Study: Border newspapers more negative on immigration

Notice this article says 'immigration,' no reference to illegal immigration, however, it is obvious that is what they are referring to.
    Gee, do you think Californians near the border would be affected much by out of control illegal immigration? What kind of news is this?
    ~~~

Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 12:01pm CDT
    Study: Border newspapers more negative on immigration
    Houston Business Journal
    Comments (3)

A new Rice University study has found that California newspapers in markets close to the Mexican border report stories with more of a negative slant on immigration in an effort to please readers.

“Slanted Newspaper Coverage of Immigration: The Importance of Economics and Geography,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yeah Right...The New York Times, NY Post and the NY Daily News are all slanted to the IA hugger side of this debate. With a wink and a nod they all refuse to report the immigration status of the perpetrators of most crimes when they know it's an illegal alien.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Was just wondering if this study as well as others are done at the expense of the taxpayers?
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I wonder if it has anything to do with people running through their property, tearing down fences, leaving trash all over, knocking at their doors wanting to use their phone at all hours of the night, smugglers driving through endangering their lives, poisoning their dogs and the list goes on.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A new Rice University study has found that California newspapers in markets close to the Mexican border report stories with more of a negative slant on immigration in an effort to please readers.
    What's your definition of close to the border? I live about 120 miles from the border and I haven't seen this so called negative slant in which you speak of. In fact our local paper has yet to meet an illegal it didn't fall in love with! This paper has a full time staff writer that devotes much of her time to churning out SOB stories on behalf of her beloved illegals. I have yet to see this writer use a negative slant in describing immigrants.

The politically correct term for illegal invaders is the all encompassing term immigrants.