Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama's Middle-Class Meltdown

Obama's Middle-Class Meltdown
    by Joel Kotkin

By cozying up to Wall Street and pushing climate change, the president is playing to the coasts—and losing Middle America. Joel Kotkin on the Dems’ disconnect—and the GOP’s problems exploiting it.

The rapid decline in public support for Democrats and President Obama represents one of the most breathtaking political collapses in modern times. Little over a year from a huge electoral triumph, President Obama’s level of support has dropped from around 65 percent to less than 50 percent. The Democrats in Congress, who held as much as a 10 percent edge over the Republicans last spring, actually are losing a “genericâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was thinking that this guy was one of the best I have seen at describing some of the discontent and disconnect but then in the last paragraph I caught that "ethnic purity" thing and I must say, I've heard of all the other issues but that "ethnic purity" is one I've missed.

Other than La Raza, mexica types I haven't caught anyone advocating or enforcing ethnic purity concepts. Can somebody clue me in?
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    Other than La Raza, mexica types I haven't caught anyone advocating or enforcing ethnic purity concepts. Can somebody clue me in?
    +1

He also, IMO, does a good job of pointing out that the Repubs don't have an alternative that Middle America can recognize as helping them to survive. Jobs are the key. Who's willing to say "American jobs for American workers"?