Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

N.C.: Mobile Mexican Consulate rolls into town to help immig

Mobile Mexican Consulate rolls into town to help immigrants
    Submitted by Chris Allen on Mon, 08/16/2010 - 11:33am.

SHALLOTTE, NC (WWAY) -- Some see it as a blessing, while others think it's a curse. The Mobile Mexican Consulate rolled into Shallotte Saturday to help immigrants get important documents.

St. Brendan's Catholic Church was transformed into a Mexican Consulate on Saturday. Families in Shallotte lined up for the chance to get a Mexican passport and ID card known as a matricula consular. Some say that because of services like the mobile consulate, undocumented immigrants can apply for North Carolina driver licenses and social services like food stamps, WIC and housing assistance and can even register to vote. Others disagree saying that these are nothing more than rumors.

"Totally false. It's, I don't know, something out of ignorance," Carlos Flores Vizcarra, Consul General of Mexico, said. "They will not be accepted for applying for benefits here in the US, nor will they serve the purpose of, let's say, registering someone as an elector in the state of North Carolina. That is a misleading rumor that someone has put out."

The Mexican nationals at the mobile consulate are happy to have this service, because now they will at least have a place to put their money.

"(The) bank won't take my money. It's no good," Ricardo Manuel Garrido said. "I keep (it) in (my) pocket. Someone steal, you know?"

The Mexican Consulate has assembled a mobile team tasked with going to cities across America to increase the accessibility of their services for the growing Hispanic community. The mobile consulate also saves these Hispanics valuable time, as they won't have to travel to Raleigh to obtain a passport or matricula card. The mobile consulate says that this is a good opportunity for Mexicans looking to live a better life in the United States.

Protests from conservative groups who feel like the mobile consulate is paving a way around the legal citizenship process often occur when the mobile consulate comes into a town. There were no reports of protests in Shallotte.

http://oneoldvet.com/

www.wwaytv3.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

wonder if the church got proper federal permisison to have the consulate on property

The Mexican Consulate has assembled a mobile team tasked with going to cities across America to increase the accessibility of their services for the growing Hispanic community. The mobile consulate also saves these Hispanics valuable time, as they won't have to travel to Raleigh to obtain a passport or matricula card. The mobile consulate says that this is a good opportunity for Mexicans looking to live a better life in the United States.
    Growing hispanic community? In other words, more and more illegal invaders are entering this country in violation of our immigration laws and need identification! And yet this jackass reporter writes as if this should be celebrated.

I cannot believe we allow a foreign country to openly aid and abet their citizens who have entered this country in violation of our immigration laws. I have never seen anything like this! Anywhere!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mobile Mexican consulates traveling the country to assist the ever expanding illegal/anchor population? Let's help those criminal invaders feel right at home!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)