Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sheriff: Illegal Immigrant Attacks Deputy, Deputy Opens Fire

Texas Sheriff: Illegal Immigrant Attacks Deputy, Deputy Opens Fire

Reported by: Erica Proffer
    Last Update: 6:26 pm

CHANNEL 5 NEWS (KRGV, 2010) HIDALGO COUNTY - Authorities say a man who hates law enforcement tried to stab a Hidalgo County deputy. The deputy shot the suspect in his leg.

"To me he was laying in wait. We find him. We coax him out. Then, he attempts with some object and lunge at the deputies. From a preliminary standpoint it appears the shooting was justified," said Sheriff Lupe Trevino, Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office.

Not everyone agrees.

"I think they over did it, they over did it," said Alice De La Rosa,

The suspect is believed to be in the country illegally. This isn't his first run-in with law enforcement. Sheriff's deputies say he was arrested twice before.

His illegal immigrant status was never flagged. Authorities think it's because he was picked up for D.W.I.

"He fell through the cracks because we didn't have the system back then," said Trevino.

The system is called "Secure Communities." It registers every person's fingerprints when they're booked for a crime. Those fingerprints go directly to the feds.

Thousands were caught to be in Hidalgo County illegally when the system launched in 2009.

The suspect's name in this case can't be released. He hasn't been formally charged, yet.

The Department of Homeland Security knows about this crime. They placed an immigration hold on the suspect.

http://www.krgv.com/news/local/story/Sh ... -5BRw.cspx
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If his immigration status was NOT previously flagged, it was not due "not having the system" (secure communities) to check. It simply means the local police failed to submit the finger prints to ICE and inquire about his true identity.

The great thing about Secure Communities (SC) is that a check with ICE, is AUTOMATIC, with every identity check. Without it, local police may check local data bases and/or the FBI, and omit an ICE data base.

I love "SC" and soon it will be nation wide.

Sheriff: Deputies Justified in Shooting Armed Suspect
    Last Update: 10/26 6:20 pm

Print Story | ShareThis
    HIDALGO COUNTY – Sheriff Lupe Trevino says his deputies were justified in shooting a man armed with a knife who tried to kill his deputies.

Sheriff Trevino says the suspect confessed he tried to kill two deputies. Fourty-one-year old Uvaldo Martinez is charged with aggravated assault, evading arrest and criminal mischief.

Investigators say he admitted he had a knife and tried to stab the deputies. It happened Sunday night at a home on Valero Lane. Investigators say Martinez threatened the officers and one deputy shot the suspect in his leg.

Deputies say Martinez is an illegal immigrant. He was previously arrested for D.W.I. but bonded out before being flagged as an illegal immigrant. Martinez’ bond is set for $330,000. The Department of Homeland Security placed an immigration detainer on him.

www.krgv.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sheriff: Man confesses to deputy attack, prompting shooting
    Comments 2
    October 26, 2010 10:19 PM
    Jared Taylor
    The Monitor

EDINBURG — A rural Edinburg man confessed to attempting to stab sheriff’s deputies Sunday night before they responded with gunfire.

Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Treviño said Ubaldo Martinez gave a written confession to the crime after an arraignment hearing Tuesday afternoon.

“It justifies the use of deadly force by my deputies,â€