Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

State lawmakers take on the U.S. Constitution & birthrig

State lawmakers take on the U.S. Constitution and the issue of birthright babies

VideoPhoto
    Posted: 5:55 PM
    Last Updated: 1 hour and 15 minutes ago
    By: Jay Reynolds

PHOENIX - The national immigration debate is taking center stage in Arizona.

State lawmakers plan to file bills as soon as today that would stop babies born to non-citizen parents from becoming U.S. citizens.

"This bill we take very personal," said Sandra Castro.

Born in the United States to illegal immigrants, Castro sees this bill as a slap in the face.

"We just take it as a personal attack and we feel it's something that's just targeted as another anti-immigration tactic," Castro said.

But the sponsors of the bills, Sen. Ron Gould and Rep. John Kavanaugh, told me there are many reasons to tackle this issue.

"It encourages illegal immigration and it greatly increases the cost to state governments," Kavanaugh said.

"We want the Supreme Court to rule on the issue of children being born to illegal immigrants, which they've never really done," Gould said.

They add, now is the time.

They are joining with about a dozen other states in filing a birthright citizenship bill.

"We can't get Congress to move so we're going to try and get the ball rolling at the local level," Kavanaugh said, hoping after the bill passes either the U.S. Supreme Court or the U.S. Congress will have to act.

"Because the federals won't engage, they wont do anything," Gould sai.

That leaves Castro to wonder why do they want to change anything at all?

"We're tomorrow's teachers, we're tomorrow's firefighters, we're tomorrow's workers so we benefit this society and I don't understand why we're being targeted," said Castro.

Stay with ABC15 for updates.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_ph ... ght-babies
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Born in the United States to illegal immigrants, Castro sees this bill as a slap in the face
    He feels like that. Maybe he should be on the other end of the issue

We just take it as a personal attack and we feel it's something that's just targeted as another anti-immigration tactic," Castro said.
    I sure would not want you teaching my children or grand children when you still DO NOT KNOW the difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien invader.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Banned
    ""We're tomorrow's teachers, we're tomorrow's firefighters, we're tomorrow's workers so we benefit this society and I don't understand why we're being targeted," said Castro."

Tomorrows gang bangers, drug dealers and id thieves

No way you are even close to an American citizen.... not really

Born in the United States to illegal immigrants, Castro sees this bill as a slap in the face.
    Who cares how you see it! I see it as a slap in the face when two illegal invaders violate our sovereignty only to have US citizenship bestowed upon their anchor spawn! Two illegal invaders can NEVER make a US citizen! You are not wanted in this country if you're an anchor baby!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Born in the United States to illegal immigrants, Castro sees this bill as a slap in the face
    He feels like that. Maybe he should be on the other end of the issue

[quote:3djb7vz7]We just take it as a personal attack and we feel it's something that's just targeted as another anti-immigration tactic," Castro said.
    I sure would not want you teaching my children or grand children when you still DO NOT KNOW the difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien invader.[/quote:3djb7vz7]

AND when she thinks breaking the law is ...um...OK.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll be happy for a year if it passes, makes it to the SC and the SC rules in favor of fixing this issue properly. I'll be even happier if its done in a way that allows us to remove the false citizenship of all illegal anchor babies at least the first generation ones and deport them as well. It would be a heavy task but well worth it.

I'd first start out with raiding LaRaza's centers and checking every single one of them. If the majority qualify for removal and deportation label them a terrorist organization as well.