Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanics earn less than whites, African-Americans

Hispanics earn less than whites, African-Americans

Published April 01, 2011

Washington – Latinos earn less than whites or African Americans, the U.S. Labor Department says in a report released Thursday.

"There are 50.5 million Latinos in the country," Labor Secretary Hilda Solis said in a conference call to present The Hispanic Labor Force in the Recovery, the first study of Latino workers at the national level.

"At nearly 23 million, people of Hispanic or Latino ethnicity represented 15 percent of the United States' labor force in 2010. By 2018, Hispanics are expected to comprise 18 percent of the labor force," the report says.

The document said that while the recession officially ended in July 2009, overall unemployment peaked at 10.1 percent in October of that year, when joblessness among whites reached a high point of 9.4 percent.

Black unemployment peaked in April 2010 at 16.5 percent, while the Hispanic jobless rate topped out at 13.2 percent last November.

Last year, 59 percent of Hispanics 16 and older had jobs, compared with 59.4 percent among whites and 52.3 percent of blacks.

Black women, however, were more likely to be employed than their white or Latino counterparts.

A big disparity was seen in the educational level of the employed, with 36.1 percent of whites older than 25 holding a university degree in 2010 compared to 26 percent of blacks and 16.9 percent of Hispanics.

Those figures are significant because of the close link - across all racial and ethnic groups - between educational attainment and high employment levels

For example, while the average unemployment rate for Hispanics with at least a university degree was 6 percent, it rose to 11.5 percent for Latinos with only a high school diploma and to 13.2 percent for Hispanics who did not finish high school.

Boosting educational attainment is one of the "principal challenges" facing the Latino community, Solis said.

Hispanic workers earned an average of $535 a week in 2010, far below the average weekly earnings of whites and blacks - $765 and $611, respectively.

Surprisingly, however, gender inequality in wage earnings was much less among Hispanics than among whites.

On average, Hispanic women earn 10.2 percent less than Latino men, while white women are paid 24.8 percent less than their male counterparts.

The least gender inequality was seen among blacks, with women's salaries 6.9 percent lower than those of men.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politi ... z1IHGOU8LJ
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hispanic workers earned an average of $535 a week in 2010, far below the average weekly earnings of whites and blacks - $765 and $611, respectively.
    They should NOT BE EARNING ANYTHING,if they are here illegally. They still earn more then I do since I have been out of work now going on TWO YEARS.
    So in my opinion ,I hope they starve and LEAVE!

You'll find NO SYMPATHY HERE
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Re: Hispanics earn less than whites, African-Americans

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Latinos earn less than whites or African Americans, the U.S. Labor Department says in a report released Thursday.
    "Thank all your illegal country men for that!" Because of all the illegals, employers automatically think "LATINOS" will work for less wages! You encouraged illegal immigration from other countries, well you got it!
    Lower wages for everyone! 50million Hispanics in this country and 20million are here illegally! You shot yourself in the foot! "Nice shot man!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Amazing how they DO NOT point out the fact that the hardest hit in this recession are young white males! It has been that way for years now.

And another point is the young white males are having a hard time getting to colleges.

YEAH THERE IS AN INEQUALITY ALRIGHT!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    I have been out of work now going on TWO YEARS.
    So in my opinion ,I hope they starve and LEAVE!

You'll find NO SYMPATHY HERE
    "I'm sorry to hear that uniteasone, I really am, believe me I feel your pain!"
    Americans should not have to worry about this at all, and with only 47% of working Americans paying the bills for the rest of the world! We don't need a Rep. or Dem. in office, we need someone who can do 6th grade math! I'm sayin' a roofing Dude prayer for you right now!

Show of hands please,just what i thought,no one gives a tinkers damn!

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Amazing how they DO NOT point out the fact that the hardest hit in this recession are young white males! It has been that way for years now.
    "We're trading "our" young males, for all they're old drunk drivin' no name havin' criminals!" Wow! I think we got jipped!

And one more thing,the headline should be,browns earn less than whites and blacks!

the U.S. Labor Department says in a report released Thursday.
    then,

"Thank all your illegal country men for that!" Because of all the illegals, employers automatically think "LATINOS" will work for less wages! You encouraged illegal immigration from other countries, well you got it!
    Lower wages for everyone! 50million Hispanics in this country and 20million are here illegally! You shot yourself in the foot! "Nice shot man!"

stevetheroofer, you are a genius! You must have studied many, many years in schools of higher learning, schools of distinction. How many years of sociology? Statistics? Psychology? You must get many invitations to speak at engagements, syposiums, before Congress and many other functions public and private. You deserve a big hefty raise with many benefits and perks. Pure genius.

.........WE PAY PEOPLE TO COME UP WITH THIS STUFF???????

There are IDIOTS drawing pay to tell the American people, the world, that when you dilute a market with ILLEGAL ALIEN WORKERS that it will effect those where the injection took place?

THIS IS BEYOND STUPID!

BEAM ME UP SCOTTY, HURRY,....THERE IS NO INTELLIGENT LIFE FORMS IN THIS CITY OF WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!!!

But....butt....but....we're told they are only here to do the low paying jobs we won't do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast