Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

WILL KORAN-BURNING BE BANNED IN THE UNITED STATES?

WILL KORAN-BURNING BE BANNED IN THE UNITED STATES?

By Allan Wall
    April 5, 2011
    NewsWithViews.com

As an American in the United States of America, you are allowed to do many things.

You can burn the flag. You can burn the Bible. You can produce obscene art and sometimes even get government money to finance it.

You can make movies and TV shows that ridicule Christianity, traditional morality, and that take the Lord’s name in vain.

If anybody objects to this, you can just accuse him of trying to impose his values on others. Then start talking about the Salem Witch Trial and the Spanish Inquisition.

Yes, you can do all those things, and more.

But can you burn a Koran?

Yes, but maybe not for long.

Terry Jones, pastor of the Dove World Outreach Center, in Gainesville, Florida, became the target of world condemnation last year when he announced he would burn a copy of the Koran in protest.

President Obama didn’t want him to do it. Neither did General David Petraeus, commander of U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

Actress/Activist Angelina Jolie spoke out against it. I’m still waiting for Angelina to speak out against anti-Christianity in Hollywood.

As a result of his plan to burn a Koran in the U.S.A., Terry Jones received death threats. His website was shut down. The mortgage on his church’s property was called in and – what a coincidence – the church’s property insurance was cancelled. The city of Gainesville threatened to charge the church for protection. And who knows what else happened behind the scenes? All this happened to a private group which wanted to burn a privately-owned book on private property.

What if the powers that be decide your private activity is objectionable?

In the end, Jones decided not to burn the Koran.

That was seven months ago. But now, he and his group have finally burned a Koran.

What they did was hold an American-style trial of the Koran, conducted in English and Arabic. The Koran was defended by an imam from Texas. And several former Muslim converts to Christianity were included.

If you’d like to really see where Jones and his group are coming from, you ought to check out his website, assuming it is still online. Click here and you can also click here to read Jones’s Ten Reasons to Burn the Koran.

Then, even if you disagree with what Jones has done, you will know what you are talking about. It is probably more fun to be very indignant without knowing what you talking about. But being informed is an option.

Anyway, after the Koran was condemned, it was burned. So the “worldâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In effect, they are saying “Islam is not a violent religion. And if you say it is, we’ll kill you!â€

[quote="kathyet"]In effect, they are saying “Islam is not a violent religion. And if you say it is, we’ll kill you!â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou