Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Body Found at Calumet Farm

I am posting this in other news until I find out more. As of yet there isn't a lot to tell, but as many illegals as are working and LIVING on the famous farms of Kentucky I have a feeling this won't be back page news for long.

Body Found at Calumet Farm
    By Blood-Horse Staff
    Updated: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:28 PM
    Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:23 PM

A landscaping crew working at Calumet Farm found the body of 48-year-old Linda Witman of Lexington sometime around 9:30 a.m. June 29. The Fayette County coroner's office, which pronounced Witman dead at just after 10 a.m., said the cause of death hasn't been determined.

The death is under investigation by Lexington authorities.

Lexington-Fayette Urban County Police spokeswoman Sherelle Roberts said Witman was reported missing June 26 when a man who lives on the property told police his spouse was missing and didn't show up to pick him up from the airport, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported. Crews searched the property and search-and-rescue dogs were involved, she said.

Roberts said it is too soon to say whether foul play is suspected.

According to the Herald-Leader website, a woman who answered the phone at Calumet Farm referred all questions to the farm's attorney, Barry Stilz. Stilz said he had no comment.

One worker said he was sent to tell reporters gathered near the farm's main gate that workers wouldn't be speaking about the incident. About 200 people work at the farm, said worker James Sagrecy.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...t-calumet-farm

One worker said he was sent to tell reporters gathered near the farm's main gate that workers wouldn't be speaking about the incident. About 200 people work at the farm, said worker James Sagrecy.

They are keeping "workers" out of the limelight because they are trying to hide just how many Hispanics they employ. A friend told me security is keeping reporters at a distance from Calumet's property, and they are hustling some of the employees off the property in caravans ( several cars and trucks at once). I will report more as I find out, I have quite a few friends on neighboring farms.

Woman's body found at Calumet Farm

By Cole Claybourn — cclaybourn@herald-leader.com

Posted: 12:00am on Jun 30, 2011; Modified: 3:52am on Jun 30, 2011

A Lexington police car left Calumet Farm on Versailles Road on Wednesday after workers found the body of Linda Witman in a barn at the rear of the property. She was reported missing Sunday. DAVID PERRY | STAFFBuy Photo

* Story Photos

Lexington police and the Fayette County coroner's office are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found Wednesday on historic Calumet Farm.

Police were called to the farm between 9:30 and 10 a.m. after workers doing landscaping found the body of Linda Witman, 48, of Lexington, in a barn at the rear of the property at 3301 Versailles Road, authorities said.

Fire department emergency medical technicians determined that she was dead, police spokeswoman Sherelle Roberts said.

The coroner's office released the woman's name. A cause of death has not been determined. Roberts said it was too early to say whether foul play is suspected.

On Sunday night, authorities were called to the farm after receiving a report of a missing person. A man who lives on the Calumet property told police his wife was missing; she was supposed to pick him from the airport but didn't show up, Roberts said. She confirmed Wednesday that Witman was the person who was reported missing.

Crews searched the farm throughout the weekend, Roberts said, and search-and-rescue dogs were involved.

Police Lt. Richard Bottoms said the farm's manager made the missing-person call. The farm's Web site lists Bill Witman as the farm manager.

A woman who answered the phone at the farm Wednesday afternoon referred questions to the farm's attorney, Barry Stilz. Stilz said he had no comment.

Calumet Farm, with its signature white fences and white barns trimmed in red, has been a landmark in Lexington since 1924.

The farm nearly closed in 1992 after it went bankrupt. However, 30 minutes before it was to be auctioned, Henryk de Kwiatowski — a well-known Thoroughbred breeder until his death in 2003 — flew in from the Bahamas to save the farm, buying it for $17 million.

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/06/30/1...umet-farm.html

This woman was missing on Sunday then found dead accidently on Wednesday. Police with dogs, farm workers, etc. searched for her but didn't go in the buildings?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Word is that she was found in tall grass behind a barn at the back of the property. Her husband reported her missing Friday, but since she was an adult he had to wait 48 hours to make it official. She led the guided tours of Calumet if my memory serves me correct, her husband is the farm manager. So far it's hard to get "official" word on this.

Banned
    News sais she was found in grass behind barn,she was reported missing 2 days before she was found by her husband.Artopst taking place today Friday.Calumet farm is one of the most historic farms in KY.well known place right outside of Lexington KY.about a mile from Keeneland track.

Thanks nomas. I know you'll keep us informed!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have reached out to all my friends there, this is huge news in the horse world. There are a couple of *American trainers and assistants here on the grounds at Woodbine everyone is trying to find out. Most all I know is heresy, just among the horse people.

The death of Linda Witman has been ruled a suicide.

Coroner says woman's death at Calumet was suicide

1:18pm on Jul 1, 2011; Modified: 2:28pm on Jul 1, 2011

* Related Stories
    * Woman's body found at Calumet Farm
    * Calumet Farm, friend address discovery of woman's body in barn

The woman found Wednesday in a Calumet Farm barn committed suicide, the Fayette County coroner's office said Friday.

Linda Witman, 48, died of a gunshot wound to the head, according to the coroner. She was found Wednesday in a barn at the rear of the historic farm. She was the wife of the farm's manager, Bill Witman, according to a friend.

Bill Farish of Lane's End Farm near Versailles told The Blood-Horse that Linda Witman was formerly director of sales there.

Bill Witman reported his wife missing Sunday night. Crews searched the property Sunday and Monday.

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/07/01/1...t-calumet.html

Banned
    I hate it that she ended her life but we dont know the reason,but also glad that it wasnt a murder by some illegals with foul play involed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast