Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

U.S. citizenship losing its meaning

U.S. citizenship losing its meaning

Posted: July 15, 2011
    1:56 pm Eastern
    © 2011

I've been concerned for some time that American citizenship is losing its meaning, being downgraded, redefined and dumbed down.

When the courts interpreted the 14th Amendment to mean that when any mother drops a baby in U.S. territory, no matter her own national status, the baby automatically becomes an American citizen, some cheered. I mourned.

When the American media and political establishment determined that the Constitution's "natural born citizen" eligibility requirement for the president of the United States simply meant "born in the USA," some cheered. I mourned.

And now we learn that even foreign diplomats, clearly not under the jurisdiction of the U.S., are dropping babies while working here, and those offspring are being granted U.S. birthright citizenship. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07 ... ip-report/

But it gets worse. Because these guest-citizens have advantages no other citizen has – diplomatic immunity, meaning they have no obligation to obey U.S. laws and cannot be prosecuted for offenses. In other words, wittingly or unwittingly, we have created a new breed of "super-citizens" who should not be regarded as citizens at all under the clear rule of law.

That's the conclusion of Jon Feere, author of a report called "Birthright Citizenship for Children of Foreign Diplomats," http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07 ... ip-report/ and, frankly, I don't know what other conclusion anyone could draw from the facts.

Even the U.S. State Department can't provide a straight answer to the simple question of whether the offspring of foreign nationals serving in their country's diplomatic corps in the U.S. are citizens by virtue of their birth on U.S. soil.

Here's what one spokesman from State told Fox News – anonymously, of course: "Persons born in the United States, including a child of foreign diplomats, are legally entitled to an official birth record issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics of the state in which the child is born. Whether a child born in the United States to a foreign diplomat acquires U.S. citizenship at birth pursuant to the 14th Amendment requires a fact-based analysis."

In other words, the State Department has no answer. It can neither confirm nor deny that foreign diplomats can attain a form of super-citizenship for their American-born offspring. It needs further review. In the meantime, we continue to diminish the essential meaning of U.S. citizenship and the rights and privileges attached to it.

No word on whether the State Department even considers this matter important enough to investigate it – to form a task force or to seek clarification from Congress. Apparently, the State Department is content to wait for word to come down from Mount Sinai.

The State Department does take the position that diplomatic immunity and U.S. citizenship are not compatible. Yet Feere's report documents just how easily those two seemingly irreconcilable attributes are being melded in real-life examples today.

Why?

Because the very birth certificate forms used by most states, and designed by the National Center for Health Statistics' Division of Vital Statistics, never asks about the diplomatic status of the parents. Therefore, on the basis of the birth certificate alone, there is no basis upon which the child can be denied citizenship. And, on the basis of the child's parents, there is no way he or she can be denied diplomatic immunity.

What does all this suggest?

It suggests there is widespread confusion – maybe even intentionally – within the government about what it means to be a citizen, a native-born citizen and a natural born citizen. All these terms have become synonymous in the age of Barack Obama. Members of Congress don't even have a clue as to what these terms mean. They're afraid to define these terms because of political correctness and multiculturalism and just because they will probably be called names if they try.

The result? Chaos.

The rule of men, not the rule of law.

And the men who rule don't even have to establish citizenship.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=322413
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Once again, Americans had better lose their apathy regarding all these vital issues that are before us right now...defining citizenship, Second Amendment Rights, stealth Amnesty, Agenda 21, etc.....

On the surface, they all seem innocuous, but start adding them together, the death of America is coming........

Banned
    On the surface, they all seem innocuous, but start adding them together, the death of America is coming........ I fear it is too late already, America is on life support and breathing it's last breaths. I for one will continue to fight for it until I breath my last breath. At the very least I can say I never gave in or gave up as many have already. The apathy and non participation by the masses is appalling. If the polls are correct and so many oppose open borders, Illegal Immigration, birthright citizenship,multiculturalism, then where are they? The media , in all forms, is as much to blame as individuals. These issues should be hammered to death in the media. The spin placed on key issues is despicable. Confusing and blurring the lines between " Immigrants" and " Illegal Immigrants" and the like should not be condoned It is disinformation and brainwashes the weak non thinking members of society into support of issues they have not really thought much about. Recently Obama made the statements that he could not guarantee social security checks going out if the debt ceiling was not raised. The media picked up on this and reported it as FACT? Only in Conservative talk circles has this been pointed out to be a blatant false statement. No news stories even brought up the possibility that this might be untrue . PSYOPS at it's most destructive? Now the Murdoch/ Soros cabal has been exposed how many will equate this scandal with the deliberate misinformation being fed the American public on a daily basis for the purpose of forming public opinion as a means to an end? It seems as if most of the general public do not look beyond what lies on the surface and most never question or give much thought to what they are told , read or hear. They believe it to be fact just because it is there in front of them. Those that still deny the Holocaust took place can cling to that belief all they want , but overlooking that one aspect of the rise of the Third Reich forces one to ignore other aspects co extant with the seizure of control and power exhibited by the Nazi's simply by controlling what people were told, what they heard and read to mould their beliefs. Communists also practiced the same tactics although brute force , for those not willing to drink, played a greater role. Gentle persuasion through mind control is probably the best method as it does not incite the masses to revolt from excessive use of force. The subliminal messages being played to the American public , in their apparent sleep state, is having it's effect right now. Maybe an assault on the Fourth Estate is what is needed to effect change rather than focusing solely on Government as is the case now?

Banned
    Thank You dsprtt

Quote Originally Posted by dsprtt
    I fear it is too late already, America is on life support and breathing it's last breaths. I for one will continue to fight for it until I breath my last breath. At the very least I can say I never gave in or gave up as many have already. The apathy and non participation by the masses is appalling.
    Texas and Arizona WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT!

BTW...Love your Signature Line