Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sharron Brown's email to me

Thank you for contacting me about my views on the current immigration proposals being considered by Congress.

I have supported legislation to curb illegal immigration by increasing criminal penalties for alien smuggling and document fraud, eliminating the use of government documents that are easily forged, and doubling the number of border patrol guards. Better enforcement and tougher penalties for both undocumented immigrants and their lawbreaking employers are the way to fight unauthorized employment, and employment opportunities are what drive illegal immigration.

Unless we fix the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) and enforce our own labor laws, we will continue to debate how high the fence should be and how many agents should guard our border – with no real solution in sight. In 1994, the U.S. signed NAFTA, which promised, among other things, to help create a thriving middle class in Mexico. At that time there were 3 million undocumented workers in the U.S.; today there are more than 11 million. In Mexico, 9 million more live in poverty than when NAFTA was enacted. NAFTA has failed the U.S. and Mexico. By creating an atmosphere where Mexican citizens feel they have no chance of a successful life in Mexico, these ill-conceived trade agreements increase the number of illegal immigrants coming into our country.

In addition to addressing the forces that are compelling illegal immigration, we must take action to bring illegal immigrants out of the shadows. While I do not support amnesty and have serious concerns about guest worker programs, I do believe our nation should consider establishing a process by which illegal immigrants can eventually earn citizenship.

The solution to our immigration problem will not be a simple one, as many things in our country need to be fixed to stop illegal immigration. It is time to take a common sense approach to immigration reform. Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,
    Sherrod Brown

Another soon to be, sell out!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

That is why we have to do something STRONG. They are NOT listening to us nor will they do anything about this!!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

While I do not support amnesty and have serious concerns about guest worker programs, I do believe our nation should consider establishing a process by which illegal immigrants can eventually earn citizenship.
    AS IF WE DON'T ALREADY HAVE THIS!??!!??? WTF?

See there has got to be another side to this they are not sharing with us.
    I think it's the NAU!!

who the hell is sharon brown?
    and what part of the once great country does she represent?

time to blast her office with phone calls

I think the senator's name is Sherrod Brown - I think of OH
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    who the hell is sharon brown?
    and what part of the once great country does she represent?

time to blast her office with phone calls
    Ohio and it's a HE, who was supposed to be a hard dude on trade deals...HA! They are all so full of hot air, they are the cause of their sham called global warming!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!