Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'Crackers' label stings illegal-immigration foes

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/regstat ... 89971.html

'Crackers' label stings illegal-immigration foes
    Democrat says word was intemperate but that some critics of licensing plan deserve the title.

By Michael Gardner
    Copley News Service

SACRAMENTO -- Oakland Democrat Don Perata ridiculed San Diego-area opponents of illegal immigration Thursday by describing them as "crackers," an old slang term often used in place of redneck or bigot.

Assemblyman Ray Haynes, R-Murrieta, compared cracker to the n-word and claimed Perata calculated its use to inflame tensions.

"He has decided to throw fuel on the fire. These folks are good-hearted, sincere people who are worried about the effects on California," Haynes said. "To call them crackers is to literally inflame people. It is the same as using the n-word when you're referring to black activists."

Within a couple of hours, the state Senate's leading Democrat issued a clarification about his "crackers" comment, but stopped short of making an apology.

"While I am concerned about the coarse and divisive tone used by a small minority in the driver's license debate, I believe that the vast majority on both sides are people of good will," he said.

Perata used the crackers description in response to a question about the wisdom of going into an election promoting legislation to give illegal immigrants the ability to obtain driver's licenses. But he acknowledged he may have erred.

"I don't want to give undue advantage in an election to people I do not believe have the best interests of this democracy at heart, and some of those people that I intemperately call crackers fall into that category," Perata said.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Can you believe this crap? Calling people that are concerned about illegal immigration CRACKERS? This should be on Fox news.

That is a racial slur.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

W.,
    That is a racial slur.
    That's what I thought! Then I added it to the other names we're called: racist, xenophobe, etc....

What we are: people of very diverse backgrounds, races, religions, & politics who simply are very worried about our nation's future, want our current laws enforced, want national sovereignty, want secure borders, are intelligent enough to get ourselves educated on the issues surrounding illegal immigration (since neither our MSM nor gov't seems to be doing so), want illegal aliens to go back to their home countries, want employers of illegal aliens to be criminally charged, as is the law; want English spoken as is our history, want our system to not be abused anymore....

So what did I leave out?

I, also, considered the source, and the fact that the pro-illegal side seems to consistantly resort to name-calling, as the truth is on our side.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Crackers?????
    How far did this guy get in elementary school?

Anybody remember all the trouble Arnold got into for calling some group "girlie men"?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CRACKERS= He is calling them poor white trash.

CRACKER:

1. A poor, white person in some parts of the southern United States who, perhaps, could only afford to eat crackers.

Banned
    As long as the Caucasian minority continues to be driven by political correctness and cowed by guilt-mongers representing various minorities, this sort of nonsense will continue. For several generations now, there has been a steady indoctrination into the notion that all the world's ills are caused by white men and that it is therefore acceptable to verbally abuse them, trample their rights, steal from them the fruits of their labors, and scapegoat them. If Caucasian men don't start acting like men, they will continue to be treated like subhumans fit only for abuse.

Cracker and Gringo are "N" words for white americans.

W

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Can you believe this crap? Calling people that are concerned about illegal immigration CRACKERS? This should be on Fox news.

That is a racial slur.

W
    How would he feel if someone referred to him as a "s**c"? Not nice! Looks bad for a politician.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

I find it a little ironic , the news media and the public are having a wonderful time toasting Mr.Gibson for his drunken, anti semitic comments, he made while being arrested for a DUI, at least Mr.Gibson was legally drunk when he made these comments, and immediately issued a very public apology twice and will probably pay for his comments for the rest of his life, although the Jewish community are trying to forgive him and work with him on this distasteful episode.
    Now comes, this Democrat Don Perata, Senator from CA, calling folks "crackers" (a racial slur mostly in the past used against "poor white trash")denigrating a whole group of people just because they dare to be for border security and the enforcement of our immigration laws, without the added benefit of being legally drunk as in the case of Mr. Gibson. Will this man be toasted in the media,labeled a racist and a bigot by all? Hell no he won't because he has the liberal crowd on his side, it seems ok to be racist against legal american citizens, trying to prevent the anilation of their country's soverignty. I am sick to my soul at the blatent double standard going on in our country right now. This Senator should be called on the carpet, and possible be fired for his racial comments, won't happen though you can bet on that!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I just though that you folks would like to know that I searched both of my local papers here in Central California today for any mention of Perata's comment, and - SUPRISE- it wasn't mentioned anywhere in either of them.

Mel Gibson is still big news, though.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast