Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

City's Home-Purchase Grants for Hispanics Raise Legal Doubts

The following is a news article from the Baltimore Sun in Maryland (may 2004), this Idiot has gone out of his way to give Illegals anything they want to the point of breaking Federal Civil rights laws.

I know the article is dated 2004 but since this idiot(O'Mally) is running for Gov. of Maryland it's important that people know just how Pro-Illegal this traitor is.

City's Home-Purchase Grants for Hispanics Raise Legal Doubts

May 3, 2004
    Laura Vozzella
    Baltimore Sun

Eager to attract immigrants to a city they've bypassed for decades, Baltimore
    is offering a limited number of $3,000 grants to Hispanics who buy houses
    here. Legal scholars and others, ranging from critics of affirmative action
    and advocates for Asian-American rights to fair housing experts and the local head of the NAACP, question the offer's legality.

The grants stem from Mayor Martin O'Malley's ambition to increase Baltimore's immigrant population. The money will be available to Hispanics, however, regardless of whether they are new arrivals to the United States. The grants have no income limits and can be used to buy a house selling for up to $300,000.

"They're going to revitalize our city," said Jose O. Ruiz, O'Malley's liaison
    to the Hispanic community. "They're hard workers ... Let's reach out to them."

Many observers applaud the city's efforts to attract more Hispanics through a variety of programs, including two recent home-buying seminars in Spanish. But some think setting aside grant money goes too far.

"If the city just decided we're going to give money to white people or black people, you'd say, 'Wait a minute. There's an equality issue here,' " said David Bogen, a professor at the University of Maryland School of Law.

Nancy Zirkin, deputy director of the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights in
    Washington, praised the program's goal but questioned its legality.

"I've never heard of such a thing," she said, noting that minority contracting
    programs normally benefit "a wide variety of folks" who are considered
    disadvantaged, not one particular group. "It's extraordinary. And whether it
    would pass legal scrutiny, I'm not sure.

Another example of ME, ME, ME AND MORE VOTES FOR ME! It's not about what is best for the citizens or the city, state, or country. It is all about VOTES! I have corresponded with my state rep about the illegal immigration issue and the problems it brings to our state, so what does he do? Updates his website to included espanol. These politicians would sell their own mother on a street corner for some votes.