Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC endorsement of Mansell in NC Dist. 2??

I have read the ALIPAC endorsement of Dan Mansell for NC Congressional District 2, and there is a statement on his website that directly contradicts one of his statements in his candidate pledge. On this webpage of his site -- http://www.mansellforcongress.com/in-the-news.htm
    He makes this statement:

Mansell is an advocate of the guest worker program, but fills(sic) it is inadequate and behind the times.

“We need them,” he said. “There is a demand for more.”

This contradicts the statement in the candidate pledge-- "I will actively oppose any attempt to remove or replace the current laws
    that say illegal aliens are to be deported with a guest worker or temporary
    worker program that allows illegal aliens to stay or quickly return to the
    US. "

I have emailed his campaign, but all I got in return was an irrelevant taped message on my answering machine. I was wondering if perhaps he has explained this discrepancy to ALIPAC?

I am not saying that his opponent is a better choice, but I would prefer to vote for an HONEST candidate.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

imblest,
    I will forward this to William. Thanks for the Information.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Thank you imblest, you are right! I will pull that endorsement down right away. Congressman McIntyre has a strong score at betterimmigration.com and we do NOT want to support ANY candidate that is for guest worker.

Looks like this campaign tried to trick us by saying one thing our survey and another thing on their website.

We are going to need activists to combe over all of our endorsements like this.

Thank you thank you thank you!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mr. Manesell and Mr. Barbour:

We had just loaded up the endorsement we were going to issue your campaign today when an activist brought something important to our attention.

In the candidate survey filled out by DeVan Barbour, IV it indicates clearly that Dan Mansell is solidly opposed to any Guest Worker program for illegal aliens.

Your NPAT responses also do not indicate support for Guest Worker.

On your website your campaign proclaims "
    Mansell is an advocate of the guest worker program, but fills it is inadequate and behind the times.

“We need them,” he said. “There is a demand for more.”"

This contradicts your survey, your endorsement has been withdrawn and any candidate that feels we "Need More" cheap and illegal aliens is wrong wrong wrong.

William Gheen

ALIPAC

www.alipac.us

Glad to be of help

Our current congressman in NC Dist. 2 is Bob Etheridge, and his score on immigration is poor, although a little better of late, but he did vote against the House immigration bill last December . BUT, a good thing, he also voted against CAFTA. Wish we had a better choice!